Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I hate the Lich system

H1SD

I hate the Lich system. I find nothing about it enjoyable. I accidentally created my lich when I didn't know what it did, and now I'm stuck with a C*** who just keeps yelling at me every single time I open my starmap. I didn't know I had to use specific mods to get rid of it, and the grind to get those mods is absolutely one of the worst experiences I have ever had while playing video games. I would just want to do some missions in peace, but I can't, since half of the map is just gone because every time I start a mission there I risk losing the only thing I came there for. I just hope there was an option to get rid of your lich without you killing it, but you wouldn't get any of the stuff when you do it. The lich has made me lose motivation to play on multiple occasions and I just wish from the bottom of my heart that it would just go away

Read the patch notes for "old blood".  Get help doing that stuff.  Capture/Kill Lich...  the end....   

Im not up to speed on current lich system but didnt they change it to HOLD to kill LARVA?? That makes it pretty impossible to "accidentally" start a lich.  But yeah its not like DE gives you a pop-up screen telling you about lich system and warns you or has a quest to get your first lich and turn the system ON.   Those are legit issues.

But your in it now.. so your only way out is through it.  

People can help you do all parts of it.  But they might not wanna explain any of it so you need to learn what to do yourself.  

Problem with 'hold to get litch' is for a new player? It looks like free weapons! Upgrades even! You start getting candidates at about Telesto lvl 22ish? If you are there, brand new and offerd cool looking new guns, why wont you hold to get the shiny thing?

Then you are up at lvl 75+ to farm the relics (awarded randomly) that (randomly) yield requiems that you use (Randomly) after (slowly) finding out which ones and what order, loosing resources as you go.

At present the system is tailor made to annoy new players.

vor 14 Minuten schrieb DeccanTraps:

Problem with 'hold to get litch' is for a new player? It looks like free weapons! Upgrades even! You start getting candidates at about Telesto lvl 22ish? If you are there, brand new and offerd cool looking new guns, why wont you hold to get the shiny thing?

Then you are up at lvl 75+ to farm the relics (awarded randomly) that (randomly) yield requiems that you use (Randomly) after (slowly) finding out which ones and what order, loosing resources as you go.

At present the system is tailor made to annoy new players.

Holding it is better to avoid it but i agree it looks odd, there really should bea popup for people the first time to warn them. I wich DE finally would explain things more, i not care for "endcontent", the game lifes from new players, but i admit i would not start it as new player today probably today, it overcomplicates things withour ever explaining anything. Tutorial, very minor basics, everything else you have to use the wiki, and that is nice we have it of course but wiki should stay as additional info, not as something you need every goddamn time something new shows up.

I love the game but it has its problems and if it continues this way of never explainign any and leaving it complelty to the community becasue DE not even plays there own game seemingly then this game will die and be forgotten, it will sitll exist but it will loose its spot it once had in a very bad way.

Lich creation system is stupid. New players are more likely to just stab the larvling to see what happens than to go to wiki and see if they are supposed to do this or not. Lich creation should've been moved to its own node in Kuva Fortress. Maybe even locked behind MR-gated quest.

Yeah they did make it a "hold x to lich" but I have had two larvalings now automatically get mercy killed upon approaching them, without input. 

So it is indeed, still possible to accidentally create a lich. If I could I would post a link to the video clip but I can't figure out how to share the xbox clip

it really is a problem. the game does nothing to explain to you what they are or how to deal with them upfront, untill you have them and they're stealing all your S#&$ and you ether have to wiki them or figure out how to deal with it yourself which, with how convoluted they are, is borderline impossible. The game really needs a tutorial quest on these guys that they're locked behind bigtime.

The quest should walk you through your first litch telling you exactly what you need to do to deal with them while removing the rng and risks for your first run.

It baffles me how DE continues to express how much they dont like how much of a wiki game warframe is, but continues to introduce S#&$ like this.

They are a very late game feature that most players who dont know about them ahead of time (which will likely be most players in general) will stumble onto by complete accident and be completely bodied by them without having any idea how to deal with it. Taking out one of these things at the point in the game you're first able to acess them could take just as much time as it took any given player to reach that point, and that's horrendously intimidating to outright force onto players who aren't yet use to some of the bigger grinds in the game, and didn't have any idea about ahead of time.

They really needed to add the ability to banish them. But because they """fixed""" the rng, they decided it wasn't worth their effort, despite the rng not even remotely being the biggest reason the feature needed to exist. there's a lot wrong with them, there's a reason they're one of the most notoriously bad additions to the game.

Archived