Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth is not going to fix the problem they think it will fix.

Kconvey

26 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

By making players farm frames all over again, its clearly an attempt to fill those nodes with players.... so new players coming in with the new player experience finds boss nodes with like actual players.

This feels more as a result of, rather than helmith's actual purpose.

2 hours ago, Kconvey said:

This is not going to fix the problem DE thinks its going to fix. Right now the biggest problem with new players isnt a poor tutorial though that is a problem. Its dead nodes, its nodes new and sometimes even returning or vet players need to do that are essentially dead, and no one goes there anymore.

Forcing players to refarm frames will pack the nodes till about the end of september, so any new players or returning players who need to get their frames before then, wonderful, awesome all that.. and then.. after... back to being empty dead wastelands that no one does.

Steel path makes this worse by a truckload as it essentially splits the playerbase. 

Im not sure what will fix this, team bots, cross play... but this.. is not going to fix this problem except in the very short term.

This isn't for new players. It has been stated by the people that make the game. 

1 hour ago, Kconvey said:

Whats the point of fixing the new player tutorial if the new players are still going to quit once they cant get a team to get new frames?

to me, it sounds like whatever Players fill that position, are just too used to Video Games being free handouts. 
if an encounter isn't going well, there is a myriad of stuff to go collect to increase Stats, even quite early on.

Just now, taiiat said:

to me, it sounds like whatever Players fill that position, are just too used to Video Games being free handouts. 
if an encounter isn't going well, there is a myriad of stuff to go collect to increase Stats, even quite early on.

When I started playing there were tons of players in every boss node, now going back to some, especially on pc, empty.

This isnt going to help with bosses that are designed with a team in mind, that requires players to do more than one thing. And right now there are 1000000000000000000 other free to play games, a roadblock like this and players will just drop Warframe, and never even look at anyhing.

Well there are no teams, so no one is playing, so time to go look for another game.

52 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

This isn't for new players. It has been stated by the people that make the game. 

Did you read the post?

IM not talking about the helminth system itself, but the effect of the helminth system. If vets have to go back and refarm frames like Frost or something, then they are helping new players also farming frost for the first time. 

And thats great

and it wont last.. 

and thats not good.

56 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

This isnt going to help with bosses that are designed with a team in mind, that requires players to do more than one thing. And right now there are 1000000000000000000 other free to play games, a roadblock like this and players will just drop Warframe, and never even look at anyhing.

like... which? Mutalist Alad V? that's the only Boss that is a bit painful Solo. all of the other Bosses in the game are essentially identical regardless of the number of Players you have.

20 minutes ago, Tigerwoodz said:

im super new to this game and find it very fun im a solo player so i appreciate being able to do those dead nodes you call them lol. Besides the fact it uses hardly any resources on thier end lol

That is fine and you can choose between solo, friends only and public. 

So nothing would change for you as you could set it to friends only or solo. But for people who want or need the extra help, not having it available is a problem.

Just now, taiiat said:

like... which? Mutalist Alad V? that's the only Boss that is a bit painful Solo. all of the other Bosses in the game are essentially identical regardless of the number of Players you have.

Ropobalyst or whatever the heck the name is? Thats very hard to solo....

18 minutes ago, taiiat said:

huh? it's literally a Zelda Boss.
all you do is the same one thing 3 times.

It turns and keeps the weakpoint facing away from you in the second stage, you need 1 person to go around back and fire at the weak point. It is "possible" to do it solo, but it is NOT fun or easy.

2 hours ago, Kconvey said:

I was already farming Ash and Nidus and IM seeing A LOT more players since yesterday. Im returning and mid tier, not new and not super vet either. So its nice to do missions public, and especially the gauss mission, there were alot of very high level vets running it.

Double affinity is in place...

What you are seeing are people joining public missions to get access to bigger spawns.

1 hour ago, Kconvey said:

It turns and keeps the weakpoint facing away from you in the second stage, you need 1 person to go around back and fire at the weak point. It is "possible" to do it solo, but it is NOT fun or easy.

the Joints at the back? uhhhh
idunno, i just walk behind it and shoot them.

My first thought when I saw the new Helminith system was Star Wars Galaxies' "Deluxe Sarlacc Trash Can" which in itself is similar to Blizzard's Diablo 2's Hordradic Cube... In the latter two items you essentially threw in random stuff to make new random stuff..

In various feedback regarding new mods and other stuff, one common criticism I have made is why is DE simply increasing the drop rates as a reward for harder or new content, when for any player who has devoted significant amount of time into playing the game is more than likely to have such a massive stockpile of resources that they do not even need this new increased resource drops (i.e. steel path... etc)... Currently the rate of acquired resources through normal play vs resources used in crafting (and other expenditure) is so imbalanced because the amount of newly craftable items is released at comparatively slow rate, that the only players suffering from a resource problem is those very new to the game...

If the Helminith is going to address anything at all, then it's more than likely the resource balance...But like others have mentioned, I do see it being a stop gap fix for frames that have useless or low use abilities

4 hours ago, Kconvey said:

When I started playing there were tons of players in every boss node, now going back to some, especially on pc, empty.

Well there are no teams, so no one is playing, so time to go look for another game.

Warframe has been declared dead for the entire six seven years it has been in development. I'm this death sentence will finally stick tho. 

8 hours ago, Nesodos said:

Its more likely a bandaid to the problem of useless abilities that now can get replaced without the need to rework the entire frame.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

It's likely every frame will be running around with the same handful of eligible replacements like Smoke Screen, for example, assuming Shuriken isn't the ability he can donate. 

I don't have a problem with any of this for pretty much the same reasons Hypernaut listed below.  

7 hours ago, Hypernaut1 said:

I'm still not seeing the problem. If I want to replace shock..I can. Awesome. 

How are you complaining? Give me a break with the whole "bandaid" buzzword nonsense. Some frames have abilities that aren't popular. This system allows us to change it to something more suited to your taste. What's there not to like? 

Or would you rather worry about frames having an ability you don't like? I don't get it. Theres 30+ frames in this game, there's bound to be a few that went have 4 amazing abilities. This gives us a chance to change that. 

I should be surprised that people on the forum are complaining, but I'm really not.  Oveer 4+ years reading the forums and I've learned that the forum will complain about any and EVERYTHING.  Even if what they're complaining about is a good change.  

7 hours ago, Kconvey said:

This isnt going to help with bosses that are designed with a team in mind, that requires players to do more than one thing.

And which bosses are those?  I'm an admitted solo player and I haven't found not one boss that I couldn't solo.  Not one.  

Edit: I've been advised that there are a couple of annoying ones to solo in Steel Path.  

The solution to dead nodes is friends, recruiting chat, and clans. As trying to incentivize players to want to run even a quarter of the nodes on every planet doesn't seem like a possibility without creating entirely new problems.

The best general solution I can think of would be a general squad finder where you can filter for open squads across the chart based on level/planet range. But that doesn't help for clearing specific nodes or farming them. Or a form of mentor system where new players can request help from a designated player but that runs numerous risks similar to the problems the partner system faces, guides of the Lotus, or generally having the opposite effect if too many of these players just hard carry new players too much.

And while, as well stated already, the Helmenth system has nothing to do with this issue it should still increase the traffic on boss nodes in general even if a large portion of players grind all the parts out shortly after the update. There are a lot of players and not all of them are going to rush it all at once. Plus we may see more activity on new "farming nodes" for more common/less used resources should this system work for thinning out resource stockpiles.

8 hours ago, Kconvey said:

By making players farm frames all over again, its clearly an attempt to fill those nodes with players.... so new players coming in with the new player experience finds boss nodes with like actual players.

Uh....You can also buy the frames, not that I suggest doing so. You will see an increase to matchmaking for older nodes yes, but it's more like a good side effect than their goal...

8 hours ago, Kconvey said:

This new feature did in fact provide me the motivation to farm Equinox, as I hadn't bothered before when all I would get is mastery. With two reasons I went and farmed up all of the missing parts.

Thing is though, I soloed it, and I would do the same for any other frame I need. The boss isn't at all hard for me, and waiting 5 or more minutes for some pub queue newbie to get to the boss is a waste of my time. I just took Titania in a blasted through the map with razorwing blitz stacked up.

4 hours ago, Acos said:

Warframe has been declared dead for the entire six seven years it has been in development. I'm this death sentence will finally stick tho. 

There is a difference between dead and dying. Dead means dead, there is nothing to do at that point but go through and look for loose change.

Dying means its not getting enough new players to replace the ones that are leaving, a game can be a dying state for a very very very very long time.... see WOW.

1 hour ago, Llamatronian said:

This new feature did in fact provide me the motivation to farm Equinox, as I hadn't bothered before when all I would get is mastery. With two reasons I went and farmed up all of the missing parts.

Thing is though, I soloed it, and I would do the same for any other frame I need. The boss isn't at all hard for me, and waiting 5 or more minutes for some pub queue newbie to get to the boss is a waste of my time. I just took Titania in a blasted through the map with razorwing blitz stacked up.

Do you think a new player with little skills and 3 or 4 frames is going to be able to pull it off solo?

Archived