Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helminth is not going to fix the problem they think it will fix.

Kconvey

13 hours ago, Nesodos said:

I don't think that DE intended to fix the thing you think that they tried to fix with the system.

Its more likely a bandaid to the problem of useless abilities that now can get replaced without the need to rework the entire frame.

The first thing I thought was that this was a system that gave vets a reward for keeping frames/slots and was a useful recycling can for resources that some of us have accumulated for YEARS.

It’s Ducats for Prime Parts for Baro/Fashion Frame (FF) re-imagined as:

Power-swaps For Resources/Standard Frames for Versatility-Frame. (VF)

The key difference is that you have to build them and occupy at least one extra slot.

49 minutes ago, Kconvey said:

Do you think a new player with little skills and 3 or 4 frames is going to be able to pull it off solo?

Yes. Tyl Regor isn't that hard. I soloed most of the start chart myself when I was new, including building new frames to overcome challenges.

And if they can't, it's not really my problem. If someone asks for help in clan chat and I'm not busy I can help them out, but that's my choice to make.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I run pubs because I remember how cool it was to have vets in the squad...as for those who actually think “flexing” means something...😆😆😆

I run pubs sometimes just to see what other players do or to help newer players without doing things for them.  

Spoiler

edit: or just to show off my FashionFrame.  😄 

Ok so let me try to put your thoughts in order:

(i am assuming this is what you mean and are not my own thoughts)

1)Not enough players playing the different boss nodes so new players sometimes have to solo it,

2) When helminth change launches some old players (cause most will already have some spare parts for the frames) will re run these nodes and give some assist to players doing it for the first time,

3) when they are done it will go back to point 1

Here's my view:

I do not see a problem to be honest , yes the issue is existing - but its been existing for quite some time and will not be made worse - recruit exists for the purpose of getting through nodes,

The bigger issue it will be fixing in my opinion is resource whales having stuff to put their resources in , that are otherwise useless,

I would prefer a means for temporary buffs with rising costs if used consecutively as a more consistent sink but this is okay.

They definitely need some fix for new player attrition but you are trying to be angry with a lake cause there is a fire in the forest.

this is assuming this was intended to fix a problem... seems more like a cool new feature to me more than anything and hopefully a way to fill holes in my playstyle on my fav frames

they already said they are still doin reworks on frames... (and plot twist this will likely help speed up the process by showing what abilities are always replaced and what abilities are always used)

I don't think it is designed as a balancing mechanism, but as more of a resource sink. The intention overall is to create a greater reason to play. Or maybe I should say replay things that you thought you were done with.

Yes, once we're done we probably won't do it again. But, the next guy will, and the one after that and down the line.

8 hours ago, (PS4)Silverback73 said:

I run pubs because I remember how cool it was to have vets in the squad...as for those who actually think “flexing” means something...😆😆😆

Same. I get carried away sometimes if i don't notice they joined, but I typically try to let low MR players contribute instead of wiping the map before they can pull their gun out.

I only run solo if I'm doing something like Nightwave objectives, where having other players (new or veteran alike) are likely to mess me up.

They should really improve the matchmaking system significantly.

There should be a better way to find a group than randomly joining a mission or trying your luck on #recruiting. Maybe people who have trouble completing a node should be able to "ping" for help. Other players could then join in to help them out. Games like Division 2 have this sort of a system and it works pretty OK.

23 hours ago, Gabbynaru said:

I don't think they're trying to fix matchmaking with this. More like they're trying to justify the existence of non-primes, because lately people have been wondering what the point of getting a non-prime is when a prime will be coming in the future and all that forma-ing and investment will become null and void. Well now people have a reason to farm non-primes and not feel like their investment is voided after all.

THIS! I actually have a reason to go back and farm old frames again, or to have something useful to do with the bunch that are cluttering up my inventory beyond just selling for credits.

OP seems to be under the impression that the game is hard. It is not. OP also thinks that Boss Nodes are empty. They are not. The biggest obstacle for new players are interceptions and hijacks. A bunch of those nodes tend to be empty and are a real pain to complete as a new player. 

I feel like DE is adding Diablo 3's Kanai's Cube to Warframe. Kanai's Cube let's you sacrifice legendary items to extract their unique effect so that you can then use the effect (up to 3 from 3 classes of items) in addition to your gear. Sound familiar?

Its always been like this even ~6 years back, WF is a pseudo-coop game anyway and every normal mission is easy to solo. If beginner players get matched with vets they just feel useless and fall behind and its no fun.

Maybe DE could change something to make creating a party for new players and everyone easier, like an actual UI instead of just a chat?

Archived