Does anyone think the new content is over gory?

3 minutes ago, Nine said:

"Prime" warframes aren't uniquely human, all of them use people as a base

Neither of them use humans as a base. The human host was removed from the equation before primes were made because they were unstable. The original non-tenno controlled bio-drones had human hosts, everything past that is an artifical techno-organic helminth bio-mass, the exception is Umbra, which was a project further down the line used by Ballas as punishment, which mixed methods. The frame that acts on its own and pulls the blade from its chest is the doing of the tenno in the room, a last surge of power to survive, or it was due to the proximity of the helminth chamber that made it act to protect the tenno, since the core of the frames are Helminth.

It is my recollection that Helminth was Dormant at the launch of the Second Dream (and long after), the operator was about to pass out and clawing at their own throat (they have not demonstrated any ability to operate their warframes while utilizing their own bodies, and at the time couldn't do so remotely due to everything in the TWW).

Helminth is the infested strain, the worm, it is a fancy foundry for meat suits. They couldn't be controlled originally because they were really, really angry about having their bodies converted like that, almost always against their will (also having spooky infested in your head makes you edgey) Ballas talks at length about it. Technocyte being the programable additive that allows the infested to be the infested. We've seen diagrams of the warframes themselves and how they're changed, unrelated to umbra, in documentation about warframes in general he was giving to Hunhow. Labeled images of people and what becomes what. Umbra makes the most sense to be a part of the original batch, his imprisonment is the punishment alongside being made to kill his family. It makes sense due to his and his families total ignorance of the process, considering they were watching it happen to him over a long period of time. Ballas didn't have time to do fun little side gigs after the Tenno, they literally slaughtered everyone immediately after the old war. Which isn't the vibe umbra's son is giving off when he's aspiring to keep up the mantle.

I digress, I am admittedly too lazy to find each thing, but just playing the quests should suffice outside the other warframe mediums.

Added clip from the infested wiki page for convenience. Also see the Vitruvian logs from The Sacrifice where it's spelled out.
Specifically in the third, fourth, and final memories. Wherein Ballas explains the origin of modern Warframes and now they had to remain people more so than machine so that sentients couldn't get their mitts on em. 

https://warframe.fandom.com/wiki/The_Sacrifice/Transcript#Access_the_3rd_Vitruvian_Entry

Kvui1Oy.png

Edited by Nine

I am desensitized to dismemberment and often forget we even have a "Gore" setting 
edit based on Markus and MyTagforHalo's posts so I don't add more dumb posts than I have.

Agreeeed, sentients have circus neons and such because they're trying not to go the human flesh route of doom or the chitin bug route of destiny... but instead of even horrific mushbois, we get very... evolved... creatures. Although I will say the base ancients such as the head of lephantis/hemocytes are kind of a different story. They are based on long-armed orokin tho, healers specifically via the simaris lore entry about twin healers. Now *that* story sets a tone.

Edited by Nine
5 hours ago, MyTagforHalo said:

Argument of Warframe sentience aside, I personally think DE has overly  censored the infesstation as a whole.

So much this. All the new Infested units don't look... well... infested? All of them look like they were always that way, they don't look like they are a violent mutation of something.

Chargers and Leapers/Runners are still the best Infested units design wise, because you can make out what they were before their transformation. Pretty much all of the post-CBT infested enemies are super tame, (mutalist enemies are just robots, so they don't really count here) the only exception so far is the Undying Flyer.

4 hours ago, MyTagforHalo said:

Argument of Warframe sentience aside, I personally think DE has overly  censored the infesstation as a whole. They're supposed to be a horrific faction of twisted and mangled bodies, yet the art style has seemingly avoided the horrors of this on purpose. The infested are instead bright and colorful with even their tilesets being nondescript grey masses for the most part. Hell, even their ships have somehow managed to spare the lighting systems. Which I seemingly remember not being the case years ago.

I think the shift in the tone is mainly due to the gameplay. Back then, the game was a whole lot darker, and just turning the brightness up just makes everything look washed out. For the new environments, putting the infested in more saturated brighter colors means you can tell the difference between the enemy and the ground, especially more important as the enemies are now made of the same material as the ground since the ground is also part of the infestation. The new infested creatures are still masses of flesh with some being more insect like. So not really "censorship", just more tone shifting so that people could understand what is going on during gameplay.

There are also problems of visual balance. The infested should be creepy/gross to an extent, but do you want them so gross that they make you feel actual visceral feelings of disgust when battling them? Might seem thematic at first, but it would get old. 

I do think the infested should be creepier and more disturbing, but there is a fine line to walk between making them more thematic, and just plain grossing people out. 

• Like 3
5 hours ago, SamodeusPrime said:

Does anyone also think the new content is over gory for a such game?   Cuz that cutscene really remains me of human sacrifice.(Basically you see the warframe was struggling then get killed. It is the warframe get killed , but every part and every movement are meant to make you feel that is a person)

I mean they don't have to make it like this, it could be much more gentle. Otherwise from my personal feeling it's really not a cool thing to watch it from time to time. And I don't think it's proper for these content to apear in a such game.

I personally will not keep playing this game just because of this. 

That was my initial reaction too. I will keep playing; however, I will not be feeding warframes to the wall-belly. I'm sure I will play the new content eventually, but I won't be doing that.

I'm not a fan of gory games and I do have the gore toggle in the game options turned off.