Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

it's funny that people who refused the idea of modular warframes are now OK with the new helminth feature.

(PSN)Hopper_Orouk

Many people, including myself, pitched the idea of a modular warframe, i was hoping Xaku would be it, since he's made from other warframe parts, but alas.

Whenever someone suggests the idea of modular warframes, there is always a plethora of comments simply saying "no thanks" "that would break the game if it isn't already broke " "DE would never do this" 

But now DE sorta did it, it's confusing and sounds a bit broken, but they did it

I'm, of course, excited and can't wait to try it out.

In fact, i think it being limited to only one power swapping per frame, is a bit disappointing

But what happened to all the people who were against it? What's your opinion on this?

This is different though. This is a way to do it that is actually balanced. I was against the idea of people being able to just take four warframe parts and make their own broken combination. I still think that would never work. But this isn't that. 

It isn't really modular warframes at all, it's just the ability to have a little more customization. 

I can only replace (1) ability (at least per mission, I believe you can also have different configs, even with the original ability). And each Warframe that is sacrificed only has (1) ability, chosen by DE for balance, that can even be transferred. 

This is more like modding my actual warframe and not just putting mods on it. 

It is several steps removed from actual modular warframes. Just my two cents. 

The people who were against it was because of the fact that it would be "broken".

A single warframe, with Revenat's Reave, Mesa's pacemaker, Saryn's spores, and Trinity's Blessing is a downright problematic. Everyone was and still is rightfully against it.

This is not the same as modular warframes. You can only replace one ability that is not a signature ability nor the 4th ability. So you are left with the ones that players never uses in the general sense. For example, Valkyr's ripline.

This means that warframes with changed abilities are only side-grades. Moreover, its only 1 ability change. Not 4.

And as the person above said, who the hell would be against a shock excalibur.

3 minutes ago, Tesseract7777 said:

This is different though. This is a way to do it that is actually balanced. I was against the idea of people being able to just take four warframe parts and make their own broken combination. I still think that would never work. But this isn't that. 

It isn't really modular warframes at all, it's just the ability to have a little more customization. 

I can only replace (1) ability. And each Warframe that is sacrificed only has (1) ability, chosen by DE for balance, that can even be transferred. 

This is more like modding my actual warframe and not just putting mods on it. 

It is several steps removed from actual modular warframes. Just my two cents. 

I would finally be able to replace radial javelin, that thing pissed me off so much

à l’instant, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk a dit :

I would finally be able to replace radial javelin, that thing pissed me off so much

I would replace radial javalin with Pull.

I'm saving 50 energy, and synerging with his 1 and 4 by getting easier combo counts as I pull enemies into melee range, with the added bonus of picking up loot.

Either that or spellbind because augment.

8 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

I want to get rid of Tesla Nervos on my Booben. Don't even know what I am going to use instead. 

Just want it gone lol. 

This is going to be a lot of fun. 

I don't want to get too excited about which specific ability to replace it with, because only a few have been announced. 

I think only Molt, Shock and Pull? 

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

But what happened to all the people who were against it?

Well... nobody is against this idea simply because its Significantly Weaker...

You get to swap out a lackluster Ability for another Lackluster Ability... 

I dont think anyone will bother arguing against that....

5 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

I would replace radial javalin with Pull.

I'm saving 50 energy, and synerging with his 1 and 4 by getting easier combo counts as I pull enemies into melee range, with the added bonus of picking up loot.

Either that or spellbind because augment.

If pull , pulled enemies to your feet right in front of you it would've been perfect for Excalibur

1 minute ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Imagine swapping Octavia’s 2 for pull....just force enemies into mallet range xD

Weird....

Why not just Keep the Resonator... its going to pick up the Mallet and Seek out Enemies continuously rather than just spamming Pull ever 3 Seconds. Which doesnt even give Octavia Time to benefit from her Passive. 

Just now, Lutesque said:

Weird....

Why not just Keep the Resonator... its going to pick up the Mallet and Seek out Enemies continuously rather than just spamming Pull ever 3 Seconds. Which doesnt even give Octavia Time to benefit from her Passive. 

mainly because resonator can cause mallet to receive less enemy damage as they try and run to catchup instead of just shooting the mallet. 

6 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Im just excited to get speed buffs on my gauss. We saw one of the helmith abilities was a buff to sprint speed by 35% (no clue if it scales with strength) and Pablo confirmed Nezha’s firewalker would be switchable too. Either will feel amazing on gauss

I want to start compiling a list of ones that have been officially confirmed. 

Apart from the Helminth specific abilities they are adding that you can use, we know Firewalker now as well, along with Shock, Pull and Molt. Do we know anymore yet? 

1 minute ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

mainly because resonator can cause mallet to receive less enemy damage as they try and run to catchup instead of just shooting the mallet. 

Fair Enough...

In that situation i would just drop an Amp to make the Mallet Bigger...

24 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Im just excited to get speed buffs on my gauss. We saw one of the helmith abilities was a buff to sprint speed by 35% (no clue if it scales with strength) and Pablo confirmed Nezha’s firewalker would be switchable too. Either will feel amazing on gauss

OMG YES

but...but which ability to replace? I love therma sunder, and KP is mandatory 

1 hour ago, (PS4)Hopper_Orouk said:

But what happened to all the people who were against it? What's your opinion on this?

It is significantly more limited than the limitless combinations often suggested where you could wind up with an Inaros that had a kit full of comically broken abilities and the innate base durability Inaros can reach.

The reason more people are receptive to this is that it has checks and balances (or attempts at the very least) to prevent things like people from putting Mesa's Peacemakers on literally anyone.

I don't see myself using it much, 2-3 frames (from what I use) at most would be what I'd replace things on.

There've been a lot of different modular frame proposals over the years.  Some of them were profoundly stupid.  Some were intelligent but deeply flawed. Some of them  were good or at  least had good potential.  What DE showed us so far is a lot closer to latter end of the spectrum than than the former.  I've got a number of concerns about it, but it doesn't make me laugh and  think  the person who came up with it has zero clue. 

Archived