Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I'm kind of worried about the Chrysalis system.

are there really any ability combos that would be way too op though? Im sure there's a few that will result in literal invincibility, or even nukier nukes, etc, but those things already exist in game on warframes regular kits. Its going to be a significant amount of investment to even get to the point where we can make these op builds, and once you get to the point where you can make these builds you'll already be at a point where all the content is trivial anyways.

The only "bad" thing I can see this system doing is letting you make a one stop shop warframe that you feel like you never have to switch from. So you'll never go "oh Im having a hard time with this particular thing, so im going to switch to this frame." 

1 hour ago, HerpDerpy said:

Its going to be a significant amount of investment to even get to the point where we can make these op builds

i think u understimate the sweaty player base....

1 hour ago, HerpDerpy said:

The only "bad" thing I can see this system doing is letting you make a one stop shop warframe that you feel like you never have to switch from.

not necessarily a bad thing... i mean part of the appeal of the game is like old school burger king "i want it my way"

5 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I know its been a while but we already had an Immortal Warframe. Wukong before his Rework.... Rage + Defy gave him more Survivability than Inaros.... was this overpwered ? Ofcourse not. Because Personal Survivability does #*!% all to Complete Mission Objectives...

The only thing that matters to most players and the reason we keep getting crippled in a power fantasy game is because the vocal players demand the killing enemies part of the game to be the main focus, when Sponge Path came out I was at least hoping to spice up my sessions with higher exp gains from objective based missions rather than elimination based ones at the cost of stuff like ciphers being disabled and high security buffs overall but turns out it is all the same, no increased amount of rewards from caches, no increased exp gain from stealth console hacks, etc.

Being immortal is the only thing that matters because the only way a certain people enjoy this game is doing 2.5 hour mode (AKA not really endless because you will get punished for earning too much loot/playing too much.)

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

when Sponge Path came out I was at least hoping to spice up my sessions with higher exp gains from objective based missions rather than elimination based ones at the cost of stuff like ciphers being disabled and high security buffs overall but turns out it is all the same, no increased amount of rewards from caches, no increased exp gain from stealth console hacks, etc.

Yeah this was the biggest Rip Off.... 😞

1 hour ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

Being immortal is the only thing that matters because the only way a certain people enjoy this game is doing 2.5 hour mode (AKA not really endless because you will get punished for earning too much loot/playing too much.)

I wonder how many people would actually do longer runs.... Id like to believe most of us have a life so only a few people would bother... but I could be wrong... 😮

I think this new system is going to be a nightmare to balance. as hilarious as it would be, we won't be getting Peacemaker on every frame, just the useless 1 abilities that most of the older frames have, and maybe a few good ones. I highly doubt the likes of Iron Skin or Loki's Invis will be transferrable, and then there's issues like Hildryn abilities on Inaros, which would be impossible. 

I am however VERY happy that Helminth will eat just about any resource to convert them into the new ones. I have a feast fit for the gods waiting for Helminth. they say infested have an endless appetite, challenge accepted.

I think this new system is going to be a nightmare to balance. as hilarious as it would be, we won't be getting Peacemaker on every frame, just the useless 1 abilities that most of the older frames have, and maybe a few good ones. I highly doubt the likes of Iron Skin or Loki's Invis will be transferrable, and then there's issues like Hildryn abilities on Inaros, which would be impossible. 

I am however VERY happy that Helminth will eat just about any resource to convert them into the new ones. I have a feast fit for the gods waiting for Helminth. they say infested have an endless appetite, challenge accepted.

Things will break and people just need to be prepared for fixes.

I'm just very excited to find out what the abilities will be because it might make some of the meh frames into something interesting. My Zephyr's 2 is definitely going bye bye.

Sure there will be meta frames with meta builds but we already have that and some of the current builds already require a lot of investment. With a game this old it shouldn't be a problem, we should rather ask DE to speed up progress for newer players starting out the gate.

What I'd like to know is if we have multiple frames of same Warframe can they get a different ability each.

Ivara will either give Navigator or her Stealth. Heh, guess it’s Navigator then.

Oberon, whatever it is, will be the go-to for me I guess. Ash will 100% be shuriken, no way they give stealth or teleport. Atlas ? How stupid will your, say, Mag be either punching or building walls ?

Garuda has so many synergies that I don’t know what we’ll get.

Harrow can only give his 1 I think ?

And what about Octavia ? Only her 4 is not linked to Mandachord. She might be the exception, even the 3 cannot work without the rhythm. Only her 4 can be given to other warframes probably.

11 hours ago, SweetAnubis said:

i think u understimate the sweaty player base....

not necessarily a bad thing... i mean part of the appeal of the game is like old school burger king "i want it my way"

Well what I meant by significant investment is that its more for players who have already sunk a lot of time into the game. The "vets" if you will. I mean im one of those sweaty players lmao, Iv already grinded the parts for 12 frames since Tennocon in preparation, and plan on having all 43 ready to claim by the time the update drops. Its actually kind of fun since for the last 2-3 years Iv just bought the frame on release instead of grinding for them. and I plan on grinding all 43 too.

And yeah thats why I put bad in quotes, because I don't see it as a bad thing, but for a lot of players they are going to see a 10k health Inaros running around with some nuke ability and complain its too op to have a super tank that can also nuke.

11 hours ago, Lutesque said:

I wonder how many people would actually do longer runs.... Id like to believe most of us have a life so only a few people would bother... but I could be wrong... 😮

When 30 Minute Kuva Survival comes up in NW I have to force myself to try and make some space, I play the game in short periods of time, I don't expect everyone to play the same way as myself and I don't mind people doing their overly long runs if that's their thing but I hate how DE punishes people for earning too much loot as if it somehow were to break the whole game's economy when most of those rewards are either relics or untradeable resources.

Everyone keeps saying Shock is good because there's a bandaid mod that makes it good.  You're giving up a mod slot on a frame that has a kit that wasn't built around something like that.  Most of my frames do not have any room left in their builds for adding in an augment from a subsumed skill.  Shock, by itself, is a bad skill.  It's not useful past the first few planets.  Needing an augment to not suck does not mean that it's a good skill.  Stop praising bandaids.

4 hours ago, VanFanel1980mx said:

When 30 Minute Kuva Survival comes up in NW I have to force myself to try and make some space, I play the game in short periods of time, I don't expect everyone to play the same way as myself and I don't mind people doing their overly long runs if that's their thing but I hate how DE punishes people for earning too much loot as if it somehow were to break the whole game's economy when most of those rewards are either relics or untradeable resources.

Reminds me of that 8 Hour Mot Fissue Run I saw on Youtube.... 

The dude got alot of Loot... but 99% of it was rubbish. And The Prime Parts dont scale in endless missions so even though he got alot of those.... You can get more just by doing capture missions....

On 2020-08-03 at 11:57 AM, (XB1)TehChubbyDugan said:

They showed off Shock and Pull being the skills you get from Volt and Mag.  Neither of those skills are good.

I don't think you've looked into the possibilities with Shock Trooper on any frame. Or any weapon.

Archived