Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Missing Cryotic From Excavation Missions

(NSW)Gufuu

There is some kind of bug wherein the Cryotic upon extracting from an excavation mission is different for every player. Even if all players don't have a booster, or they do have a booster. There's an approximate one to three dig difference between those who got the most cryotic and those that got the least. For example I was just in a squad where two of us had Drop Boosters and Drop Rate Boosters, and the other player didn't. I got 4,670, Other player with boosters got 4,920, and the Third player got 2,460. We were in the mission the same amount of time, dropped in as a squad. Is anyone else noticing this 'bug' or should I simply send in another ticket about missing cryotic? This has been happening for months and I can't find anything that says that the drop for Cryotic has been changed from being based on the amount of digs completed or failed to a drop chance.

Things that might explain this situation before getting into bugs:

Kavats. Specifically Smeeta Kavats. They can give you the double drop buff and it's random.Someone might not have it at all during a run while the others would. If all three had a smeeta with you, the difference of cryotic may be due to this.

There's also the chance the system flagged the third player as AFK not giving them the yields of several excavations.

Of course, there could be a bug, but I'd check with the team if there were lootkats involved in the mission first, because it could be the cause.

1 minute ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Things that might explain this situation before getting into bugs:

Kavats. Specifically Smeeta Kavats. They can give you the double drop buff and it's random.Someone might not have it at all during a run while the others would. If all three had a smeeta with you, the difference of cryotic may be due to this.

There's also the chance the system flagged the third player as AFK not giving them the yields of several excavations.

Of course, there could be a bug, but I'd check with the team if there were lootkats involved in the mission first, because it could be the cause.

None of us had Kavats in that mission, and since when has that affected the amount of Cryotic that's dug up with the excavators? The only thing noticeably different between us all was the Cryotic count. Our third player, whom had no boosters, had exactly half of every other drop me and the other player with boosters got. We kept close because it was a fissure mission.

I honestly can't find anything stating that the Cryotic changed from a consistent Dig count drop to a random drop like everything else.

2 minutes ago, (NSW)Gufuu said:

None of us had Kavats in that mission, and since when has that affected the amount of Cryotic that's dug up with the excavators?

Kuva from extractors and cryotic are affected by lootkats. It's been a thing for a while now, can't remember for how long but it's been a while.

However, wait a moment, because I think I found the cause. You just said that

3 hours ago, (NSW)Gufuu said:

I was just in a squad where two of us had Drop Boosters and Drop Rate Boosters, and the other player didn't.

And there you got it. Drop Rate Booster affects the entire party (and doubles cryotic). However, Drop Booster affects only the one who has it (and it also doubles cryotic). So if the third player didn't have any booster, they only got double cryotic from the Drop Rate Booster, while you got it from the drop rate AND the drop booster.

25 minutes ago, (NSW)Belaptir said:

Kuva from extractors and cryotic are affected by lootkats. It's been a thing for a while now, can't remember for how long but it's been a while.

However, wait a moment, because I think I found the cause. You just said that

And there you got it. Drop Rate Booster affects the entire party (and doubles cryotic). However, Drop Booster affects only the one who has it (and it also doubles cryotic). So if the third player didn't have any booster, they only got double cryotic from the Drop Rate Booster, while you got it from the drop rate AND the drop booster.

I'm talking about the two of us that DID have boosters, I got 4,670, the other with boosters got 4,920. 

I am aware that boosters only work for the people that have them, but the fact remains that the Cryotic from the digs is inconsistent for no reason.

Our guy with no boosters got exactly Half of what the other person with boosters got.

I am missing 250 Cryotic.

I am tired of this happening.

No I do NOT have a lich and this is a consistent thing that's been happening for months.

Archived