Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

No 2nd female Frame after protea?

Chaemyerelis

i thought DE was doing some sort of pattern? I recall we got hildryn, wisp, gauss, grendal, protea and now its Xaku and then after that it looks like its going to be the alchemist and then possibly the wraith? 

Thats kinda sucky, I like the female frames.. T__T

12 minutes ago, Myscho said:

Alchemyst should be SHE and Xaku is both

Well, either ways they can just rename it to Alcoholyst and pretend it's an Eidolon themed frame as an easy way to bypass the pattern, since Eidolons are genderless.

No, there is no pattern. Before the release of Nezha for the Chinese build, with Wukong after that, there was a pattern of male/female/male/female. There has been a few releases where there were two females, but there's no longer any set pattern.

Only the Prime frame releases have that kind of pattern, they have done since the beginning of the game. DE are more interested now in getting out interesting frames, rather than focusing on their actual gender.

Also:

1 hour ago, Xepthrichros said:

Never really cared what parts a toaster had.

If you think they're machines... then you've missed a little of the explanations in the game so far...

4 hours ago, Birdframe_Prime said:

If you think they're machines... then you've missed a little of the explanations in the game so far...

I know the explanations. They are no more sentient or have any sense of identity or self than a computer with a built in operating system that makes them do 4 predetermined abilities. Only exception being Umbra who has some memory scarring, a corrupted hard drive, if you'd like. Just because a computer, a car, a toaster, a machine, has the shape of a humanoid object does not make it any more human. 

But if you want to go all in with your fantasy, enjoy knowing you will soon be killing what you consider to be sentient objects, with feelings, feeding them to a infested mouth in the wall on your orbiter. Enjoy the massacre. We have killed the solar system, now we kill our own warframes. Truly, the tenno are lost. 

3 minutes ago, o0Despair0o said:

Xaku is a disappointment at best.

Honestly I wouldn't even count that thing as a frame at all.

Visual while using ulimate look like Terminator Rev9, so mabye this is hidden crossover 

Does the non-functional, non-visible plumbing of a sack if meat you pilot around really matter that much? Show me one actual place where gender of either Tenno or frame is even noticed and reacted to by the game? (aside from a few operator cosmetics giving female Tenno the most common superpower...)

11 minutes ago, Jarriaga said:

I thought Xaku was female? She's just referred to as "they" because she's built from multiple frames and thus a plural identity. At least Xaku's body and animations looked distinctively female to me, like Khora or Mirage.

I was under the impression that it was they because of the three separate Warframes that make up the Warframe itself. Which at this point I must conclude is the original plus two others, so it would be a they/them in that regard. Almost multiple personalities or character traits perhaps? I have a funny feeling the helmets will be seeing for Xaku will be 3 distinct one for each frame that makes up the whole. 

I am also getting the impression that Xaku is very much tied to the heart in some way. Since they did not show anything about how we get this Frame I wonder what the odds are that the original Frames were called Xata, Khra, and Jahu. It would be a rather interesting coincidence.

8 hours ago, Chaemyerelis said:

i thought DE was doing some sort of pattern? I recall we got hildryn, wisp, gauss, grendal, protea and now its Xaku and then after that it looks like its going to be the alchemist and then possibly the wraith? 

Thats kinda sucky, I like the female frames.. T__T

they actually were trying to keep the number of male to female warframes equal 2 to 1 

1 minute ago, SenorClipClop said:

But he's not female. Standard Nezha looks svelte -- slender and elegant, but he lacks typical feminine contours. Either way, he's a dude.

Nezha Empyrean definitely looks masculine.

Well that, and the Deluxe really got the bottom of the argument if you know what I mean. Hes most certainly a dude.

grin GIF

Archived