Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Is there any info regarding how Prime Warframes are designed?

Zahnny

For the record, I'm not asking about release orders or that kind of stuff.

I'm curious as to who or what team, group or individuals go about designing them, e.g. who oversees it or is it passed around through everyone at DE or is there specific people who do all the primes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason Prime Access is so consistant is because of some deal or contract I think DE are under. Again finding information for this is hard so I'm having trouble finding out anything at all.

My reason for asking all this is because of both the second Community Designed Warframe and Liger's Wraith that I assume will be after the Alchemist frame. If Frame ideas are pitched by members of DE I'm curious as to if their input goes into the eventual priming of a Warframe. e.g. if they get the final say, or make concepts as to what a Prime will look like or oversee it. I know of course all this is years into the future to start talking about, but the only other example I can think of is Nova, the first community Warframe. Who had a release pushed much earlier than most. As this was before my time (I think?) I'm wondering if DE approached the community for her priming.

Any infomation regarding the behind the scenes for the Prime development would be appreciatd.

hace 1 minuto, Zahnny dijo:

For the record, I'm not asking about release orders or that kind of stuff.

I'm curious as to who or what team, group or individuals go about designing them, e.g. who oversees it or is it passed around through everyone at DE or is there specific people who do all the primes? Correct me if I'm wrong, but the reason Prime Access is so consistant is because of some deal or contract I think DE are under. Again finding information for this is hard so I'm having trouble finding out anything at all.

My reason for asking all this is because of both the second Community Designed Warframe and Liger's Wraith that I assume will be after the Alchemist frame. If Frame ideas are pitched by members of DE I'm curious as to if their input goes into the eventual priming of a Warframe. e.g. if they get the final say, or make concepts as to what a Prime will look like or oversee it. I know of course all this is years into the future to start talking about, but the only other example I can think of is Nova, the first community Warframe. Who had a release pushed much earlier than most. As this was before my time (I think?) I'm wondering if DE approached the community for her priming.

Any infomation regarding the behind the scenes for the Prime development would be appreciatd.

Themes revolv arounds the warframe itself, for examble ivara is a frog based frame, acuatic creature, prime its a jellyfish, Inaros is a chacal, chacal egiptian, egiptian pharaon, Octavia, music, bird, her prime will be something able to make music or a bird type design, but is not always like that.

2 minutes ago, Zahnny said:

Jeez. Ok. Doesn't mean we can't discuss it or toss ideas around. No need to be so cold.

Nothing about my post was cold.
You didn't say anything about discussing prime design in your post. I just answered the question you had: If DE ever reached out to the community to design a primed frame.
Sure, I didn't answer the other question you had, if there is any background information on the process of prime designing. The answer is also pretty much no. It just gets designed. We don't know the names of the exact people doing it. And we can only guess on how these people are approaching designing a concept for a new prime.

If you want to further discuss a matter, say so. Don't just ask questions that can be answered in 2 shorts sentences.
And for your information: This post isn't cold either. It's just direct.

1 minute ago, WhiteMarker said:

Nothing about my post was cold.
You didn't say anything about discussing prime design in your post. I just answered the question you had: If DE ever reached out to the community to design a primed frame.
Sure, I didn't answer the other question you had, if there is any background information on the process of prime designing. The answer is also pretty much no. It just gets designed. We don't know the names of the exact people doing it. And we can only guess on how these people are approaching designing a concept for a new prime.

If you want to further discuss a matter, say so. Don't just ask questions that can be answered in 2 shorts sentences.
And for your information: This post isn't cold either. It's just direct.

Still, it felt like your intention was to shoot down my post. I can't help but feel like there's a collection of people on the forums who come here and get annoyed when people use the forums for discussions. Anyway that's either here nor there. For all I know DE themselves might respond as unlikely as it is.

Mynki designed Prime Warframes before, and now it seems the job falls to Ray (Mynki made sure before leaving they got it right thogh).

You can read a bit more here:

https://www.warframe.com/news/building-warframe-ash-prime

https://www.warframe.com/news/building-warframe-saryn-prime

If you wanna see Ash Prime's article with pictures, you'll have to use the Wayback machine.

5 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

Mynki designed Prime Warframes before, and now it seems the job falls to Ray (Mynki made sure before leaving they got it right thogh).

You can read a bit more here:

https://www.warframe.com/news/building-warframe-ash-prime

https://www.warframe.com/news/building-warframe-saryn-prime

If you wanna see Ash Prime's article with pictures, you'll have to use the Wayback machine.

Much appreciated! Although it seems the Wayback Machine is down at the moment.

Archived