Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Helmith ability transfer speculation

ixidron92

So, what do you guys think the transferred abilities would be? Most likely the worst and least useful. What we know is no ultimates and no signature abilities (i.e: Rhino's iron skin). Here's my list.

• Ash: Shuriken or maybe Smoke Screen.
  • Atlas: Tectonics mos likely, since the rest of his abilities depend on rubble in one way or another.
  • Banshee: Sonic boom, but her abilities are so meh that any would probably do.
  • Baruuk: Lull. This one, I'm certain off.
  • Chroma: Tricky one. Spectral scream most likely. The rest are way too powerful.
  • Ember: Fireball. Duh. I mean, if Volt gives shock, it's obvious Ember will give fireball. 
  • Equinox: I truly have no #*!%ing clue of how equinox will work. I wonder if you can pick between day and night, and I wonder if equinox can actually replace 2 of her abilities rather than 1. It'll probably be Rest&Rage.
  • Excalibur: Slash dash or Radial javelin 
  • Frost: Freeze; just like Volt and Ember it'll most likely be the crappy first ability that deals direct damage. Update: A trailer shows ice wave.
  • Gara: Shattered lash or spectrorage. 
  • Garuda: Bloodletting (most likely) or blood altar.
  • Gauss: Kinettic plating or thermal sunder.
  • Grendel: Who the #*!% knows. Nourish and Regurgitate require an swallowed enemy, so that only leaves Feast available, but it'd be weird, and that's actually Grendel's signature. Perhaps they'll modify Nourish to work without enemies. 
  • Harrow: Condem, 100% sure. We all want Penance or Thurible because they are awesome, but forget about them. 
  • Hildryn: Pillage
  • Hydroid: Tempest barrage. 100% sure. The rest alter your model so probably won't work too well. 
  • Inaros: Pocket sand. 
  • Ivara: Prowl most likely or navigator.
  • Khora: Whipclaw or ensnare. Since whipclaw is useful, it'll be ensnare most likely.
  • Limbo: Not a clue. All of his abilities require you to send enemies to the rift. 
  • Loki: Unsure, any of them seem potential candidates.
  • Mag: We know it's Pull
  • Mesa: Ballistic battery (most likely) or maybe shatter shield.
  • Mirage: Sleight of hand (unlikely due to hall of mirrors interaction) or eclipse (most likely)
  • Nekros: Soul punch (likely) or terrify. 
  • Nezha: Hard to tell. Warding halo maybe. Firewalker seems like a signature and blazing chakram has model interactions. Firewalker confirmed.
  • Nidus: Virulence, of course. 
  • Nova: Null star. 100% sure.
  • Nyx: Psychic bolts.
  • Oberon: Smite for sure.
  • Octavia: tricky one. Mallet and Resonator look like signature moves and are way too powerful, not to mention synergistic. So maybe it's metronome, but that adds way too much utility to any frame. So maybe it's mallet. I'm guessing they'll work with the default song. 
  • Protea: Grenades. Turret and Dispenser have model interactions. Whatever the ability we get, they are all very useful, so I'm sacrificing her first.
  • Revenant: Unsure, Mesmer skin most likely. 
  • Rhino: Charge. It's fairly clear the early frames will get their 1 converted. 
  • Saryn: Either molt (likely) or toxic lash. Molt confirmed.
  • Titania: Spellbind for sure.
  • Trinity: Link most likely. Well of life slightly less likely but possible. 
  • Valkyr: Paralysis or ripline. I hope it's ripline so I can play spiderman with any frame. Seriously though, Ripline should be an ability that every frame should have by default as a movement option since we've already established the parazon works like this.
  • Vauban: Nervos (most likely) or photon strike. 
  • Volt: we know it's shock
  • Wisp: will-o-wisp: most likely or breach surge.
  • Wukong: Unsure, maybe cloud walker because defy used wukong stuff and they will never give us celestial twin. We might get celestial twin.
  • Xaku: Probably xata's whisper.
  • Zephyr: Airburst for sure. 

Update: From the Chinese version. Showing Desiccation and Celestial twin. Take it with a grain of salt, as there are many different things between the Chinese Warframe and the normal one. 

SZa25h3.jpg

il y a 3 minutes, ixidron92 a dit :

• Frost: Freeze; just like Volt and Ember it'll most likely be the crappy first ability that deals direct damage.
  • Nezha: Hard to tell. Warding halo maybe. Firewalker seems like a signature and blazing chakram has model interactions.. 
  • Saryn: Either molt (likely) or toxic lash.

Nezha and Saryn has been confirmed to be Firewalker and Molt by [DE]Pablo on twitter. As for Frost, the trailer show Ice Wave on Hydroid, but it's still unconfirmed.

hace 1 minuto, lukinu_u dijo:

Nezha and Saryn has been confirmed to be Firewalker and Molt by [DE]Pablo on twitter. As for Frost, the trailer show Ice Wave on Hydroid, but it's still unconfirmed.

Updated the OP. Thanks for the input. 

39 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Equinox: I truly have no #*!%ing clue of how equinox will work. I wonder if you can pick between day and night, and I wonder if equinox can actually replace 2 of her abilities rather than 1. It'll probably be Rest&Rage.

It'll most likely be her 2, but her 3 would be nice too. I think there's a good chance that you only get one of the two forms (per mission, technically) dependent on your frame colors.

Overall, I expect most abilities that are donated to be the exact ones you'd be replacing in their kit, if any, because they contribute very little to theirs or anyone's kit.

Gauss: Kinettic plating or thermal sunder.

Kinetic Plating drains from Gauss's passive battery, and so does Thermal Sunder's Heat. We may only be getting the cold portion of Thermal Sunder.

Grendel: Who the #*!% knows. Nourish and Regurgitate require an swallowed enemy, so that only leaves Feast available, but it'd be weird, and that's actually Grendel's signature. Perhaps they'll modify Nourish to work without enemies. 

True, they really may have to make modifications to abilities that are not usable due to required passives or mandatory synergy with other abilities. So that could end up changing a lot of our predictions.

hace 1 minuto, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- dijo:

It'll most likely be her 2, but her 3 would be nice too. I think there's a good chance that you only get one of the two forms (per mission, technically) dependent on your frame colors.

Overall, I expect most abilities that are donated to be the exact ones you'd be replacing in their kit, if any, because they contribute very little to theirs or anyone's kit.

I hope we can actually pick between one or the other. Or maybe we'll just get 1 form and that's it. i.e: Rest but not Rage or viceversa. 

24 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

So, what do you guys think the transferred abilities would be? Most likely the worst and least useful. What we know is no ultimates and no signature abilities (i.e: Rhino's iron skin). Here's my list.

• Wukong: Unsure, maybe cloud walker because defy used wukong stuff and they will never give us celestial twin.

Found from a different post, according to this, 

Celestial Twin for Wukong and Dessication for Inaros.
It's not confirmed but it is in the Chinese vers. of Warframe Tennolive

22 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

• Ash: Shuriken or maybe Smoke Screen.
  • Equinox: I truly have no #*!%ing clue of how equinox will work. I wonder if you can pick between day and night, and I wonder if equinox can actually replace 2 of her abilities rather than 1. It'll probably be Rest&Rage.
  • Ivara: Prowl most likely or navigator.
  • Khora: Whipclaw or ensnare. Since whipclaw is useful, it'll be ensnare most likely.
  • Limbo: Not a clue. All of his abilities require you to send enemies to the rift. 
  • Loki: Unsure, any of them seem potential candidates.
  • Nidus: Virulence, of course. 
  • Nova: null star. 100% sure.
  • Nyx: Psychic bolts.
  • Oberon: Smite for sure.
  • Octavia: tricky one. Mallet and Resonator look like signature moves and are way too powerful, not to mention synergistic. So maybe it's metronome, but that adds way too much utility to any frame. So maybe it's mallet. I'm guessing they'll work with the default song. 
  •  

I think it's highly unlikely that DE will give any invisibility abilities to other frames (I feel the same way about loot abilities). That reduces the available abilities for Ash, Ivara, Loki, and Octavia. Ash could be his Shuriken or Teleport. Loki could be 1, 3, or 4. Ivara has to be Navigator. For similar reasons I don't think DE would give other frames Rest which makes Pacify/Provoke most likely. They could also split the 2 and 3 making it Rage and Pacify. I highly doubt Inaros will give pocket sand. His 1 and 4 are his only abilities that see meaningful use. There is NO WAY Khora will ever give away Whipclaw (I suggest you revisit your Khora build if you don't understand why). Meaning ensnare is the most likely ability since Strangle Dome is a loot ability. I think Nidus's Larva or Parasitic Link are way more likely than his 1 which is a signature ability and synergistic. Nova could be her 1 or 2. The 2 is less powerful than people think. It's also incredibly slow. Oberon's 1 is possible but I think his 2 or 4 are possibilities as well. Octavia will be her 2 or 4. Her 1 is too powerful as is her 3 which also gives invisibility. Her 4 is not as powerful as you think without her full kit.

(For those that think DE won't allow any 4s to be Helminthed, DE hasn't decided on this. Many 4s are neither particularly strong nor signature moves. For some frames the 4 is their least powerful ability.)

1 minute ago, ixidron92 said:

I hope we can actually pick between one or the other. Or maybe we'll just get 1 form and that's it. i.e: Rest but not Rage or viceversa. 

It's possible, either way it'll be nice. She's one of the few, either from Rest & Rage or Pacify and Provoke, that I think will provide nice versatility in this system instead of the typical cookie cutter abilities many will offer.

hace 4 minutos, KosmicKerman dijo:

I think it's highly unlikely that DE will give any invisibility abilities to the helminth. That reduces the available abilities for Ash, Ivara, Loki, and Octavia. Ash could be his 1 or 3. Loki could be 1, 3, or 4. Ivara has to be Navigator. For similar reasons I don't think DE would give other frames Rest which makes Pacify/Provoke most likely. They could also split the 2 and 3 making it Rage and Pacify. I highly doubt Inaros will give pocket sand. His 1 and 4 are his only abilities that see meaningful use. There is NO WAY Khora will ever give away Whipclaw (I suggest you revisit your Khora build if you don't understand why). Meaning ensnare is the most likely ability since her 4 is a loot ability. I think Nidus's 2 and 3 are way more likely than his 1 which is a signature ability and synergistic. Nova could be her 1 or 2. The 2 is less powerful than people think. It's also incredibly slow. Oberon's 1 is possible but I think his 2 or 4 are possibilities as well. Octavia will be her 2 or 4. Her 1 is too powerful as is her 3 which also gives invisibility. Her 4 is not as powerful as you think without her full kit.

(For those that think DE won't allow any 4s to be Helminthed, DE hasn't decided on this. Many 4s are neither particularly strong nor signature moves. For some frames the 4 is their least powerful ability.)

In the demo, they said no ult abilities. Also, octavia's resonator is insanely powerful and almost equivalent to invisibility, since it draws aggro away from you. Yeah, khora will be most likely ensnare. We cannot get nidus's 3 due to the mutation mechanics, and his 2 is stupidly powerful. Everyone would want it. I dunno about invisibility, perhaps you're right.

1 minute ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

IF they gave one though, Ash's would be the one since it's very strategically short duration so not nearly as abusable in every build as other forms of invisibility.

True but with the changes to stealth mechanics, his shorter duration invisibility is more than enough. I never have any problems refreshing his invisibility following the change.

5 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

In the demo, they said no ult abilities. Also, octavia's resonator is insanely powerful and almost equivalent to invisibility, since it draws aggro away from you. Yeah, khora will be most likely ensnare. We cannot get nidus's 3 due to the mutation mechanics, and his 2 is stupidly powerful. Everyone would want it. I dunno about invisibility, perhaps you're right.

Reb said no ults and then appeared to modify what she said to no signature abilities. Brozime followed up with DE and did not get a definitive answer. It's definitely possible that DE will settle on no 4s and no signature abilities, but if you think about it there are a fair number of warframes whose 4s are not particularly good. Not having a strict ban on 4s gives DE more flexibility when trying to minimize power creep.

I'd be very very surprised if Desiccation and Mesmer Skin were picked. Not saying they haven't been as i obviously know as less as everyone, but you're talking about 2 of probably Warframes top 5 powers for survivability. Mesmer skin especially. The only way i can see those 2 being added is if they're HUGELY modified.

6 minutes ago, KosmicKerman said:

True but with the changes to stealth mechanics, his shorter duration invisibility is more than enough. I never have any problems refreshing his invisibility following the change.

Agreed. I'm an Ash main, and most scenarios it's more than enough. But I also have my Huras and Arcane Trickery giving invisibility in between too so that keeps enemies from ever seeing me anyway. lol

hace 8 minutos, (PS4)MYKK678 dijo:

I'd be very very surprised if Desiccation and Mesmer Skin were picked. Not saying they haven't been as i obviously know as less as everyone, but you're talking about 2 of probably Warframes top 5 powers for survivability. Mesmer skin especially. The only way i can see those 2 being added is if they're HUGELY modified.

Devour is signature most likely and it also nearly makes you unkillable. Sandstorm modifies the model and animations and has an interaction with devour, so I discarded it, leaving us with desiccation. Reave, much like sandstorm, modifies the model, and enthrall is signature, leaving us with mesmer skin.

44 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

So, what do you guys think the transferred abilities would be? Most likely the worst and least useful

Thats also what I assumed....

But the recent screen shot from China has given me doubts...

Therefore: Ive decided to Wait and See...

Since augments are stated to be able to be used on transferred abilities, stuff like Ash’s shurikens and Banshee’s sonic boom could be rather useful due to their armour stripping augments.

Fireball, Shock and Smite can also be pretty good to have since you can use their augments to provide yourself and nearby allies with bonus heat / shock / radiation damage, and Molt can also be quite a good choice since you can use regenerating molt to regenerate your health every second.

Even soul punch could be pretty cool to have with it’s augment that can instantly revive allies but drain all your energy. Am curious to see how it’d work with Hildryn though, if it’d drain all of her shields or not. 

Excal : Would replace radial javelin with anything in a heartbeat.

Inaros : Finally we might replace his 3 with something not so redundant.

Ash : Would say Shuriken, but then the augment makes it pretty OP especially late game/steelpath.

Atlas : Either the medusa gaze or the rock wall(don't know their names), they can both go.

Saryn : Molt is pretty bad, even with augment. So it can go.

Valkyr : Her 1 can be replaced with anything and end up better.

hace 9 minutos, Ailia_Grimm dijo:

What do you mean of course? Virulence is only good because it benefits from stacks

My guess would be Larva

I would love larva. I would replace a ton of abilities with larva just for the insane CC and utility. that's why I think it'll virulence, since it's not so good without stacks. 

2 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Can we get that screenshot here? I'd like to add it to the OP.

Uhm So Lazy 😞

i actually dont even remember where I saw it since there are so many if these threads now 😮

Edit:

Found It:

6b3701b91db1c598867ef8ad47201573

You can see Wukong's Clone and Inaros's Pocket Sand atthe Top.

Archived