Helmith ability transfer speculation

4 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

If you guys don’t mind. Can we also speculate what could the “infested” powers be? I would also like to read some possible abilities DE would throw in as rewards. 

From the ones we've seen, they aren't great. They've included restoring your shields at the cost of 50 energy, as well as healing your pet and bringing them to you (not sure if that includes reviving them, but I suppose that could be an ability as well).

Just based on those alone, I wouldn't give up an ability for that. That includes the abilities I already plan on giving up in place of others. Those just aren't worth a slot compared to an ability.

Edited by (PS4)Ozymandias-13-
5 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

I think this is exactly how it would work since you can choose which configuration you want the ability to be applied to. So technically your not losing your original ability for that frame unless of course you have different abilities for each configuration. 

It all depends on how DE codes the one new ability limitation. If it's per frame my example is not possible. If it's per configuration it may be possible.

6 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

From the ones we've seen, they aren't great. They've included restoring your shields at the cost of 50 energy, as well as healing your pet and bringing them to you (not sure if that includes reviving them, but I suppose that could be an ability as well).

Just based on those alone, I wouldn't give up an ability for that. That includes the abilities I already plan on giving up in place of others. Those just aren't worth a slot compared to an ability.

Yeah I guess your right. I tried to find a frame that could possibly make great use of that Restoring shields ability but all the current frames that can restore shields can also grant overshields so I don’t see a good use there. Unless we don’t get a healing ability that we can swap out for, for a frame that could use a bit more survivability. 

• Like 1
3 minutes ago, (XB1)Cash201293 said:

Yeah I guess your right. I tried to find a frame that could possibly make great use of that Restoring shields ability but all the current frames that can restore shields can also grant overshields so I don’t see a good use there. Unless we don’t get a healing ability that we can swap out for, for a frame that could use a bit more survivability. 

I'm still hoping some of the Helminth exclusives we haven't seen are better, but considering what we have to give up to even have room for them there shouldn't be even one single fluff ability among them. So that's disappointing.

20 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

There’s a few other abilities you can give to your warframes straight from the Helminth, shown in the tennocon demo of the feature: Empower drains 25 energy to give your next ability a 20% power strength increase, Infested mobility drains 50 energy and gives you a 35% increase in sprint speed and 15% increase in parkour velocity, and one more (presumably from getting to rank 3 with the Helminth) that drains 25 energy to make your next hack automatic, with a 25% hack chance.

Out of those, assuming they are buffed by power strength and such, in my opinion, Empower could be somewhat good for buffing up abilities and such, the Infested sprint one could be fun with Volt or Gauss, but not really worth it, the hacking one is not worth it, the shield restoring ability could be good for frames with lots of shields like Hildryn and Revenant if it didn’t have a cooldown and if other shield regenerating abilities weren’t just better in general (and the 12 second cooldown? Yikes) and the healing companion one is eh, but if it works with Khora’s Venari, then it could actually be somewhat decent. 

Still would be more worth it to transfer other warframe abilities instead of using the special Helminth ones, but depending on if there’s even more ones to be shown, or if the ones we know of perhaps get altered or buffed, they could possibly be quite decent to use.

Justo ahora, crimsonspartan1 dijo:

There’s a few other abilities you can give to your warframes straight from the Helminth, shown in the tennocon demo of the feature: Empower drains 25 energy to give your next ability a 20% power strength increase, Infested mobility drains 50 energy and gives you a 35% increase in sprint speed and 15% increase in parkour velocity, and one more (presumably from getting to rank 3 with the Helminth) that drains 25 energy to make your next hack automatic, with a 25% hack chance.

Out of those, assuming they are buffed by power strength and such, in my opinion, Empower could be somewhat good for buffing up abilities and such, the Infested sprint one could be fun with Volt or Gauss, but not really worth it, the hacking one is not worth it, the shield restoring ability could be good for frames with lots of shields like Hildryn and Revenant if it didn’t have a cooldown and if other shield regenerating abilities weren’t just better in general (and the 12 second cooldown? Yikes) and the healing companion one is eh, but if it works with Khora’s Venari, then it could actually be somewhat decent. 

Still would be more worth it to transfer other warframe abilities instead of using the special Helminth ones, but depending on if there’s even more ones to be shown, or if the ones we know of perhaps get altered or buffed, they could possibly be quite decent to use.

I mean, if empower could be buffed by power strength, it'd become its own feedback loop. 99% chance it's 20% flat. 1% chance DE is too dumb to notice and we get to see 1 million HP Wisp.

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

I mean, if empower could be buffed by power strength, it'd become its own feedback loop. 99% chance it's 20% flat. 1% chance DE is too dumb to notice and we get to see 1 million HP Wisp.

It may not be able to buff itself, so only mods, roar, etc. Still, I agree it's probably a flat chance.

6 minutes ago, crimsonspartan1 said:

At least there were better ones than the ones I posted, but I wouldn't waste an ability slot on them. As fun as this game is there have been countless mediocre systems and abilities over the years that aren't corrected in a timely manner, if at all, so I won't be getting excited about those exclusives until there's a confirmed reason to. 

If you can't transfer signature abilities, then I guess you also can't override a signature ability with another ability. Otherwise, some people would "accidentally" break their warframe and regret it.

3 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Agreed. I'm an Ash main, and most scenarios it's more than enough. But I also have my Huras and Arcane Trickery giving invisibility in between too so that keeps enemies from ever seeing me anyway. lol

Are you gonna replace one of Ash’s abilities?

1 minute ago, Rixuel said:

If you can't transfer signature abilities, then I guess you also can't override a signature ability with another ability. Otherwise, some people would "accidentally" break their warframe and regret it.

They said at Tennocon you can replace any of your 4 abilities. I'm sure it'll have a confirmation screen like trading or copying configurations to replace abilities.

Just now, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

They said at Tennocon you can replace any of your 4 abilities. I'm sure it'll have a confirmation screen like trading or copying configurations to replace abilities.

wtf, imagine you replace Saryn 1 and 4 abilities with another frame ability, then you regret it, you want saryn 1 and 4 back, but you can't

Justo ahora, Rixuel dijo:

wtf, imagine you replace Saryn 1 and 4 abilities with another frame ability, then you regret it, you want saryn 1 and 4 back, but you can't

Why not? Just buying another loadout would give you her default abilities back. And I'm guessing there'll be a way to clear a replaced ability

Just now, Rixuel said:

I mean, if you do that it's on you, like putting the wrong polarity when you forma, or put the wrong lens. lol

I'm guessing there is a way to revert back to default ability, but I haven't seen confirmation of that yet. You also have the choice to only do it on one or two configurations instead of all 3. I recommend keeping one configuration with the default abilities anyway since reworks could fix the reason you replaced it to begin with.

6 minutes ago, (XB1)YoungGunn82 said:

Are you gonna replace one of Ash’s abilities?

If anything, Shuriken. I rarely find it useful for anything but breaking cameras, without the augment. Bladestorm does way more damage for way less energy so if it comes down to simply a damage method I've got better ones.

7 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I mean, if you do that it's on you, like putting the wrong polarity when you forma, or put the wrong lens. lol

I'm guessing there is a way to revert back to default ability, but I haven't seen confirmation of that yet. You also have the choice to only do it on one or two configurations instead of all 3. I recommend keeping one configuration with the default abilities anyway since reworks could fix the reason you replaced it to begin with.

well it was just an exaggerate example I gave 😛

there should be a way to revert back without making us spend plats

1 hour ago, ixidron92 said:

Ability order doesn't really means more powerful. Heck, there are a ton of 2-3 abilities that are crap. 

Duh. But nearly all of the elemental warframe's 1st abilities are useless as a damage dealer or utility. Nearly any ability.

4 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Banshee: Sonic boom, but her abilities are so meh that any would probably do.

I can understand somebody who was only passingly familiar with Banshee not knowing how ridiculous Savage Silence could be.

But Sonar?  Meh? Really? 😛

6 minutes ago, Rixuel said:

well it was just an exaggerate example I gave 😛

there should be a way to revert back without making us spend plats

I wasn't blaming you specifically, but just giving existing examples in the game that use the same scenario. I can confirm I've seen complaints from people that messed up in both of those scenarios btw, in spite of waiting for the timer and even typing "override". lol

Hopefully DE has the insight to make a way to revert those, as they are bigger changes to commit to than probably anything else in this game.

Just now, Tiltskillet said:

I can understand somebody who was only passingly familiar with Banshee not knowing how ridiculous Savage Silence could be.

I questioned that too lol. 

Sonar is one of the best abilities in the game, and I use both that and Silence with the augments. They're great. 

• Like 1
5 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Garuda: Bloodletting (most likely) or blood altar.

Bloodletting, yeah I wish.

It's too much of an obvious pick for Chroma

Could prolly resolve Oberon's energy issues easily without Energize/Rage.

Pretty much makes any energy hungry frame self sufficient with Magus Elevate/Vazarin Dash, take that blue orb RNG!

Would be the most breaking 'Energy econmeh' change since Zenurik/Energize

• Like 1
33 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

31 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I questioned that too lol. 

Sonar is one of the best abilities in the game, and I use both that and Silence with the augments. They're great. 

Sonar Has The Game Breaking Numbers... but not the Game Breaking Functionality in my oppinion. Its Held back simply by how it Functions.

Also Im not Sold on Savage Silence... i only used it for Memes back when Cover Lethality and Arcane Trickery were useful.

1 hour ago, ixidron92 said:

They could always cap it at a certain amount so you can’t infinitely scale your abilities to absurd levels. Seems a bit pointless to replace abilities with the special helminth ones if you can’t even increase their stats.

1 hour ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

It may not be able to buff itself, so only mods, roar, etc. Still, I agree it's probably a flat chance.

At least there were better ones than the ones I posted, but I wouldn't waste an ability slot on them. As fun as this game is there have been countless mediocre systems and abilities over the years that aren't corrected in a timely manner, if at all, so I won't be getting excited about those exclusives until there's a confirmed reason to. 

Just got to wait and see i guess? Hope the current Helminth abilities do become better than what they are currently, and hopefully if there is any more Helminth abilities to pick out of, hopefully they have useful and / or interesting effects, rather than mediocre ones like “spend 25 energy to boost your next double jump strength by 25%” or something silly.

• Like 1

I'm scared for the game if I get celestial twin on nidus and hand him my broke AF bramma while I melee spam.

What even is challenge?

And iF we can slot more than 1 ability?  Null star also?  Ewww...

Immortal umbral base Frame with infinite damage weapons using both at the same time while giving the AI something else to shoot at and 90% damage reduction before all that umbral armor and innate health regen with a solid CC and health gate mechanic by replacing his 2 never used abilities? (at post game levels anyway, I know people use his 3 and 4 mid game, and while null star might seem like a down grade to his 3, his three eliminates mobility).  

This hurts my thought brain.

One thing is certain, they gotta fix that auto trade ban bot when this comes out for sure.  Even people without post game set ups will suddenly have access to being broken AF.

The power creep is going to be insane without additional challenge added.  Game was already too easy... this is gonna make even SP laughable to mid game players.

hace 13 minutos, Galantys dijo:

As a Baruuk main I think that he will be giving his 1st spell since it's the most useless.

Doubtful, due to model interaction.