Jump to content

Helmith ability transfer speculation


Recommended Posts

6 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Chroma: Tricky one. Spectral scream most likely. The rest are way too powerful.

no it is not his default dragon breath is going up...

6 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Loki: Unsure, any of them seem potential candidates.

more likely his 1

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tiltskillet said:

I can understand somebody who was only passingly familiar with Banshee not knowing how ridiculous Savage Silence could be.

But Sonar?  Meh? Really? 😛

With Steel Path, with all those enemies cluttered togheter, some people dont know what Sonic Fracture can do there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

 

Sonar Has The Game Breaking Numbers... but not the Game Breaking Functionality in my oppinion. Its Held back simply by how it Functions.

 

😐

 

1 hour ago, Lutesque said:

Also Im not Sold on Savage Silence... i only used it for Memes back when Cover Lethality and Arcane Trickery were useful.

 The sneaky thing about the augment is enemies are subject to stealth melee damage bonuses.  Finishers are just icing on the cake.

Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, Kaotyke said:

With Steel Path, with all those enemies cluttered togheter, some people dont know what Sonic Fracture can do there.

 

👍

Sonic Boom even unaugmented is a sneaky underrated ability.  

Link to post
Share on other sites

As a equinox main i think that rest & rage will be the chosen ability.

How to apply, by diference between short and long press button

I dont think DE will give us strong abilities in term of survability so i don't think about pacify and provoke, beacuses just imagina a inaros whit a 80% enemy slow in a 25 meter radius, and in top of that more damage reduction. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
45 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

The sneaky thing about the augment is enemies are subject to stealth melee damage bonuses.  Finishers are just icing on the cake.

I figured as much... But I can do that with 2 other Warframes with Significantly less Risk. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I figured as much... But I can do that with 2 other Warframes with Significantly less Risk. 

/looks at thread title

Right, we're not talking about using this on Banshee...

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, DannyDunwich said:

Will Hildryn be able to use the helminth standard abilities, or any of the other warframes abilities? She has no energy.

Odds are they’ll just consume shields instead of energy in her case, unless DE forgets about her not having energy.

Link to post
Share on other sites
hace 1 minuto, crimsonspartan1 dijo:

Odds are they’ll just consume shields instead of energy in her case, unless DE forgets about her not having energy.

And Hildryn's subsumed ability will also be converted to use energy rather than shields I assume. It would be unuseable otherwise. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ixidron92 said:

Garuda: Bloodletting (most likely)

This, even if it's a nerfed version. As long as its a self damage skill ima get it for my Chroma.

Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
hace 4 minutos, Nazuud dijo:

This, even if it's a nerfed version. As long as its a self damage skill ima get it for my Chroma.

Dunno if it'd work like that. Doesn't Chroma require to take damage? Rather than having HP missing?

Edited by ixidron92
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

And Hildryn's subsumed ability will also be converted to use energy rather than shields I assume. It would be unuseable otherwise. 

Most likely. The ability consuming energy could still work at least, but only for frames with a lot of shields like Frost and Revenant, but it’s better if they just consume energy instead. Would be unuseable on Inaros and Nidus, and Valkyr and Grendel with their low shield capacities

Link to post
Share on other sites
29 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Dunno if it'd work like that. Doesn't Chroma require to take damage? Rather than having HP missing?

I would assume it will work since Combat discipline and Hema can trigger fury

Link to post
Share on other sites

If they let Rhino's roar or Rhino's iron skin out for everyone knows that what happen you give it to Inaro the iron skin ability...

Grineer: keep firing!

*gun fire going off*

Inaro: Your bullets mean nothing

*grineer pull out massive bombardment on inaro*

Grineer: Haha tenno scum just ea-...

*coming out the smoke is Inaro with Iron Skin on while Inaro play some song*

Inaro: what you just say me bruh?

Grineer: Oh Vek...

If it is Rhino's Roar then it is possible it is going end up with either with Mesa or high hitting frame who can let exalted weapons get buff by rhino's roar which rhino's roar is utterly king here which Chroma would of borrow that power from Rhino's Roar making him the force to recoken with.

 

Edited by ChaoticEdge
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ChaoticEdge said:

If they let Rhino's roar or Rhino's iron skin out for everyone knows that what happen you give it to Inaro the iron skin ability...

Yeah, no...his will be Charge. Lol

Rebecca even commented that it was the right logic to use when one of the other guys was guessing certain abilities are too good or too important to their identity to let others use.

But, since augments are allowed that might still be useful for other frames with abilities that are affected by armor, like Frost's Snowglobe or Gara's Mass Vitrify, if they are affected by ability buffs and not just mods.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Yeah, no...his will be Charge. Lol

Rebecca even commented that it was the right logic to use when one of the other guys was guessing certain abilities are too good or too important to their identity to let others use.

But, since augments are allowed that might still be useful for other frames with abilities that are affected by armor, like Frost's Snowglobe or Gara's Mass Vitrify, if they are affected by ability buffs and not just mods.

Yea I know but still every warframe is really for the truth their signature moves if you think about it like Nidus for every ability he has is absolute signature moves.  That is the big problem and Frost do attend to use his ice waves for it should of been his other signature move but it didn't for it is slight possible that Roar more likely end up can be used in buffing self or either Iron Skin the true signature move.

To come think about it if chroma get his hand on "Roar" it is basically is going end up being his most powerful move set on his 1 and it would be perfect build for him for he does rely every ability boosting and smacking and he will actually buffing only himself for making his weapon dmg even greater for it might able take down the Eidolon in the steel path. For that gotta team it that one.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Yeah, no...his will be Charge. Lol

Rebecca even commented that it was the right logic to use when one of the other guys was guessing certain abilities are too good or too important to their identity to let others use.

That eases me a bit. I would hate seeing everyone with Iron skin or Roar.

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

@ChaoticEdge

none of what you say is realistic or relevant. we have solid predictions for what abilities we will get, and they certainly don't include roar and iron skin

what value will your words have in a few days when devs will unveil the list of abilities and it doesn't include signature and extremely powerful abilities like they said it wouldn't?

Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

Yea I know but still every warframe is really for the truth their signature moves if you think about it like Nidus for every ability he has is absolute signature moves.  That is the big problem and Frost do attend to use his ice waves for it should of been his other signature move but it didn't for it is slight possible that Roar more likely end up can be used in buffing self or either Iron Skin the true signature move.

To come think about it if chroma get his hand on "Roar" it is basically is going end up being his most powerful move set on his 1 and it would be perfect build for him for he does rely every ability boosting and smacking and he will actually buffing only himself for making his weapon dmg even greater for it might able take down the Eidolon in the steel path. For that gotta team it that one.

I think they're considering mechanically unique things to be their "signature" ability, like his Iron skin, whereas Roar is just too powerful of a buff to share with the entire warframe lineup. There are other stat buffers, but they aren't team-wide buffs to both weapon and ability strength. Since ultimate abilities were already excluded, that leaves his charge. That's the kind of logic Rebecca was talking about.

The mechanically unique ability of Frost that identifies him is his Snowglobe. His Ice Wave is just a different damage type and status effect than Nidus's 1 and Oberon's 2 so it's not mechanically unique enough for me to consider signature. 

With that said, I agree about Nidus, so his will likely be one of the ones Pablo mentioned will have unique adjustments for this system. His 1 is an energy generator which could be useful for a lot of frames, but it's damage is only great due to interaction with his passive and synergies. His 2 could potentially be too powerful to put in everyone's hands, and could be considered his signature more than his 1, but like you suggested he's more of a unique frame than others so they're all signature to a degree. My bet would be on his 3 being the transferable ability since it have multiple uses but not too powerful or too kit dependent like. We know that Pablo is changing certain things in this system so the fact that it costs mutation stacks would be irrelevant in the decision making.

Link to post
Share on other sites

we will get protea 1 

vauban balls perhaps but more probably his 3

ripline is cute but it's a bad ability, and giving to nova would really be a meme. but this isn't a thread on which frame will get which ability, but on predictions for what ability will each warframe give. yes, for valkyr it will be ripline 

again we are getting pull, but i don't see what that has to do with rhino or excal

i see you are trying to define a problem and have a specific view on this addition to the game, but this view of yours does not influence what abilities we are getting

we know with 60-98% certainty for each frame what abilities we will get, and for about 5 frames we already know 100%

 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

I think they're considering mechanically unique things to be their "signature" ability, like his Iron skin, whereas Roar is just too powerful of a buff to share with the entire warframe lineup. There are other stat buffers, but they aren't team-wide buffs to both weapon and ability strength. Since ultimate abilities were already excluded, that leaves his charge. That's the kind of logic Rebecca was talking about.

The mechanically unique ability of Frost that identifies him is his Snowglobe. His Ice Wave is just a different damage type and status effect than Nidus's 1 and Oberon's 2 so it's not mechanically unique enough for me to consider signature. 

With that said, I agree about Nidus, so his will likely be one of the ones Pablo mentioned will have unique adjustments for this system. His 1 is an energy generator which could be useful for a lot of frames, but it's damage is only great due to interaction with his passive and synergies. His 2 could potentially be too powerful to put in everyone's hands, and could be considered his signature more than his 1, but like you suggested he's more of a unique frame than others so they're all signature to a degree. My bet would be on his 3 being the transferable ability since it have multiple uses but not too powerful or too kit dependent like. We know that Pablo is changing certain things in this system so the fact that it costs mutation stacks would be irrelevant in the decision making.

I know, it is more likely his passive that type of "trash" is pretty much useless, more likely get Nidus's passive I mean who don't want be a tank that heals the same time?  More likely Inaros would like this ability.  Thx DE for making Inaros even further greater tank then before..  If you think about it this is DE's own trap but did we fall for the trap?  yes we did and it just work.

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I know, it is more likely his passive that type of "trash" is pretty much useless, more likely get Nidus's passive I mean who don't want be a tank that heals the same time?  More likely Inaros would like this ability.  Thx DE for making Inaros even further greater tank then before..  If you think about it this is DE's own trap but did we fall for the trap?  yes we did and it just work.

Yeah, some of the top tier might get marginally stronger, but at least DE confirmed they will be improving the useless abilities that will be transferable to make sure they are functional for allies.

Link to post
Share on other sites
30 minutes ago, (PS4)Ozymandias-13- said:

Yeah, some of the top tier might get marginally stronger, but at least DE confirmed they will be improving the useless abilities that will be transferable to make sure they are functional for allies.

Welp you know this means...I have to call in the troll team to see they are still actived in warframe here on out of view.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...