Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Heavy Caliber Corrupted Mod

ender33

I'm disappointed with the modification in this patch.

A heavy caliber round is 100% accurate, but you will do have bigger recoil, why did you change it??
It was perfectly done before, its meant for big weapons, snipers are having difficulties in accuracy now, and machine guns will have its accuracy decrease due to this recoil anyway.

Do not destroy this mod potential for snipers, and bows.

Edited by ender33

Recoil is a more interesting mechanic than less accuracy...

Recoil can be counteracted, means you have to readjust your aim. Little accuracy just means you need to stand closer to your enemy if you want to kill them.

To simulate the time needed to readjust your aim with the huge recoil Heavy Caliber gives you, for recoilless rifles they should add some sort of overheat mechanic. Also creates difficulties for prolonged fire, in exchange for great ammounts of damage.

Edited by Sherbniz

Recoil is a more interesting mechanic than less accuracy...

Recoil can be counteracted, means you have to readjust your aim. Little accuracy just means you need to stand closer to your enemy if you want to kill them.

To simulate the time needed to readjust your aim with the huge recoil Heavy Caliber gives you, for recoilless rifles they should add some sort of overheat mechanic. Also creates difficulties for prolonged fire, in exchange for great ammounts of damage.

Best suggestion ive seen so far. They should have adressed the weapons with no-recoil (because thats already strong as it is) instead of doing this fix hurting weapons who did experience the recoil effect. If my grenade launcher could dish out 10 shots in a short amount of time i wouldnt care less about the change but in reality both the ogris and torid and very slow and have low clip, so every shot hitting accurate is importent for maximum dps.

I'm disappointed with the modification in this patch.

A heavy caliber round is 100% accurate, but you will do have bigger recoil, why did you change it??

It was perfectly done before, its meant for big weapons, snipers are having difficulties in accuracy now, and machine guns will have its accuracy decrease due to this recoil anyway.

Do not destroy this mod potential for snipers, and bows.

Well, as has been stated the change was necessary since the setback was not affecting weapons with default 0 recoil (i.e bows and snipers)

Well, as has been stated the change was necessary since the setback was not affecting weapons with default 0 recoil (i.e bows and snipers)

It wasnt necessary to ruin it for weapons like Ogris and Torid. I feel like im taking crazy pills here. Everyone seem okay with the change to the no recoil weapons but forgetting Ogris and Torid players are now screwed over.