Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

So how about nechramech's PVP?

RiceHat_

46 minutes ago, Sevek7 said:

The current state of conclave is actually very balanced frame-wise. The unbalanced things are exploitable bugged weapons (telos boltace, staticor, etc...). 

But I think I understand what you mean. Warframes are very mobile, which means that players who have practiced by shooting Grineer will have a difficult time until they learn how to fight Tenno. Necramechs might be better since they move more like Grineer, so the PvE players won't be at such an initial disadvantage when giving it a go!

Yes, the frames are reasonable, the weapons most definitely not, I agree. But the mobility is just too much and gives a learning curve that is simply insanely steep and I bet even if you climb that curve as far as you can go , it makes the difference between a mediocre pvp'er (=me, at best) and a good one a vast and very demotivating chasm.

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Madurai-Prime said:

The "I play games to relax, not be a sweaty tryhard!" People.

It's a waste of resources and we'd be better off with more operator stuff.

The conclave is a waste right now, I knew some people and asked me if Warframe has a pvp and I answer like Im not sure and they haven't fully scrapped it so I think this would serve as a better way of pvp than the current, well for me at least.

There is a lot of room for improvement in warframe PvP.

Warframe vs warframe: I think it is somewhat obvious not to use mods or ninja mobility, balance everything based on the basic damage of weapons and abilities, being able to acquire mods and upgrades in battle. And approach the whole PVP as a training in which you are trained to face unexpected threats in unexpected conditions or something like that.

Obviously, a PvP railjack mode cannot be missed focused on sabotaging the enemy ship while protecting your own ship. They can present it as a simulator.

With the robots no idea but something could be done.

And let's not forget Stalker mode which could somehow link it to unlocking Stalker as Warframe or creating a warframe that replicates his abilities.

Not to mention PvPvE where you have to face the other team and hordes of AI enemies.

14 hours ago, RiceHat_ said:

So I just saw a video of potato and blurted some pretty cool thing, nechramech's PVP. Imagine the our little dudes and gals fighting in the conclave using the mech suits, blasting each other, like real steel or pacific rim style? No fast bullet jumping warframes or stuff, just Nechramech steel cling and clangs! Pretty awesome to imagine and that would cough* revive the "conclave"? I guess?😁

I'd definitely give it a try. Although I'm not sure, it probably won't be able to interest me more than the Warframe combat. But it's too early to speculate on that, anyway, with what little information and action we've seen yet.

21 hours ago, RiceHat_ said:

So I just saw a video of potato and blurted some pretty cool thing, nechramech's PVP. Imagine the our little dudes and gals fighting in the conclave using the mech suits, blasting each other, like real steel or pacific rim style? No fast bullet jumping warframes or stuff, just Nechramech steel cling and clangs! Pretty awesome to imagine and that would cough* revive the "conclave"? I guess?😁

Remove operator dashes (way too OP, or just cap them at 1 dash every 5 seconds, or just give operators a new more skill based way of moving in PvP) and let us fill a bar that will let us call mechs Titanfall style and that's gonna be pretty fun lol

I think it will take more than Mechs to revive Conclave. if I want to fight other players in Mechs, I'll boot up Titanfall 2.

I wish they'd just scrap conclave, it's wasting it's time, just stagnating there. teshin has a new purpose in The Steel Path now, so we can't even use that excuse anymore. let it die.

22 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

In theory the Stalker is something that most of us can obliterate in seconds so the imbalance is clearly favouring us. But many people reacted very badly to the mere idea of one that was controlled by a human player. 

That's why I'm not sure if people would be any happier about a fight against an equally equipped player. 

The main reason why people reacted badly to the idea of a player controlled stalker is not because he would be hard to kill, but because it would become an outlet for trolling. The moment it was shown the forums lit up with “I’m gunna go stalker and kill the mission objective”. The design council tossed around tons of idea to try and make it a viable and fun thing. DE just needs to find a way to implement it. 

I love the idea of player controlled stalker simply because it would have a better reward pool. Conclave on the other hand could get lost in the void for all I care.

17 minutes ago, (PS4)Kamranos said:

The main reason why people reacted badly to the idea of a player controlled stalker is not because he would be hard to kill, but because it would become an outlet for trolling. The moment it was shown the forums lit up with “I’m gunna go stalker and kill the mission objective”. The design council tossed around tons of idea to try and make it a viable and fun thing. DE just needs to find a way to implement it. 

I love the idea of player controlled stalker simply because it would have a better reward pool. Conclave on the other hand could get lost in the void for all I care.

If you love it because of theoretical rewards, then you don't actually love the idea of PvP, you just love the rewards you imagine you'll get. 

People who love it for the idea that they can use it to troll, also don't love PvP, just trolling. 

And that, Tenno is the rub. Neither group is truly interested in the idea of facing off against other players for the sheer challenge it will bring. Once you have your rewards you would probably abandon the mode. Once they close the loopholes that allow trolling, the trolls abandon the mode. 

Neither of those looks like a great roi for the game. 

2 hours ago, (PS4)guzmantt1977 said:

If you love it because of theoretical rewards, then you don't actually love the idea of PvP, you just love the rewards you imagine you'll get. 

People who love it for the idea that they can use it to troll, also don't love PvP, just trolling. 

And that, Tenno is the rub. Neither group is truly interested in the idea of facing off against other players for the sheer challenge it will bring. Once you have your rewards you would probably abandon the mode. Once they close the loopholes that allow trolling, the trolls abandon the mode. 

Neither of those looks like a great roi for the game. 

Which is why it isn’t in the game currently. I liked the idea when it was supposed to bring added rewards. Not for the pvp, but I hate all things pvp. The operator makes the stalker obsolete whether controlled by ai or player. The trolling aspect has been well fleshed out in discussions to be sure to exclude that as well as making it so players have to choose. Like you said though, once you get the rewards, you can simply opt-out. Loopholes will always be found no matter how much DE tries to button things up, so it would just become a matter of chasing those much like how players have chased the “new draco”.

Pvp and Player stalker could be fun if and only if there was an actual balanced system. Unique warframe abilities make some better than others when it comes to hunting and killing players. That, I think, is the root of the pvp problems on warframe.

Am 3.8.2020 um 16:44 schrieb RiceHat_:
Am 3.8.2020 um 16:43 schrieb o0Despair0o:

Don't even go there... please.

Why?

Some people just read a keyword and proceed to an instant knee-jerk reaction without really thinking about it.

Ontopic: I would be interested in a PVP Mode with those Mechs.

For me, the biggest negative factor of Conclave ironically is the thing which makes Warframe so fun in PvE - the movement.

Imo, its simply not suited for PVP and just gets stupid...its neither fun to play against nor to do it yourself.

So a PVP-mode with a more basic movement system could be fun and everything could feel more "fair" (especially if we take the matchmaking/hosting into account)

How many combinations of Necramech are there? Speculation is you can fit archwing weapons, how many combinations does that make?

Given how thinly DE is stretched, let alone COVID do we really want them to take yet another shot at a system that will require constant balance passes (See how often Overwatch needs balancing, that game is trivially simple systemically compared to Warframe) We've seen how many people want PvP in Warframe, DE have tried with simplified systems, not enough people are interested and the people actually playing are by-and-larde not just uninterested but actively hostive to PvP (I know I am)

So no, no PvP not ever.

Archived