Dante Unbound: Known Issues ×
Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

ESC key stops working

stefanw1337

12 hours ago, ThuswindburnPerrier said:

Looks like this has been an issue for many people and for a couple of weeks now. I can't use ESC after going to the back room on Fortuna. It might occur in other places that I am unaware of. Please fix DE. 

same bug for me.

I returned from the Orb vallis , ESC menu was not aviable ... couldn't back orbiter.

• Like 1

On 2020-08-05 at 9:55 PM, Antip0dean said:

This happens to me regularly, ...snip...

Following up on this, in case it's useful... I raised a ticket with DE about it. They took a few days to have a human reply, who asked if it was still happening as they'd released a few patches since. Gave it a few days, and can confirm it doesn't appear to happen any more (for me, anyway).

I had a problem where my credits and plats still showing during a mission and my esc didnt work so I was standing still there without any way to move out of that partial esc menu, earlier today I got hostage in cetus bc my key once again stopped working (nakak has a funny accent btw), this is really annoying. 

Pls fix its not funny to alt+f4 and relaunch

I can confirm it's still happening. Happens to me randomly about every hour or so of playtime.
Happening to my GF as well on a completely separate computer and installation.

Can't access ESC menu, and sometimes can't see the UI bar at the top (squad, public/private session setting, etc)
Just had to force-quit Warframe because I couldn't solo extract from Deimos and couldn't leave squad.

On 2020-08-03 at 11:57 AM, stefanw1337 said:

Anyone got an actual solution? Or does the devs need to fix this. I found others having the same issue, and that was in 2015! 5 years, and this is still a thing. An ironically good job to you, hats off!

i found if i inspect someones profile it brings back the option to ESC

Like many others, the back room in Fortuna will consistently remove your ability to open the esc menu. 

Can be worked around by going into open world and returning to Fortuna through esc menu.

If at least one Dev plays on Fortuna still, I figured this would get some attention a bit quicker, so I hope y'all are reading this forum.

• Like 1