Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Add all normal frames to simaris and have them purchasable if they are already mastered

Talinthis

I doubt anybody wants to farm all the base frames again for this new system that is coming, so adding them all to simaris would be nice so we can slowly gather them all over time doing ANY and ALL content instead of being forced to do boring missions or god forbid the defecation mode (no i didnt accidently spell it that way). as per the title, only make them purchasable if they are already mastered. just have them locked like when you dont have sufficient rank in syndicates or something.

i probably wasted a bunch of my 50 million keypresses on the lifespan of my keyboard since this will never be acknowledged, but at least i gave my suggestion.

It's honestly so much worse doing Simaris rep cap daily in my opinion than running a few easy and quick missions. I kinda get that S#&$ like Vauban, Hildryn, Gauss and Nidus are kinda S#&$ty to farm, but time-wise it doesn't take long time at all. I guess this would be an option for some people.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if its just me, but I have spare parts of most of the warframes in my foundry anyway, just from regular gameplay.

36 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

I doubt anybody wants to farm all the base frames again for this new system that is coming

*Pops out of 6+ hour Frame Farm* "H-huh? What was that?"

EDIT:
In all seriousness though, I have been enjoying farming a few areas again to get the Duplicates. THAT SAID, I am also dreading farming Nidus again, as they're almost the last one I have to do. =w="

43 minutes ago, Talinthis said:

I doubt anybody wants to farm all the base frames again for this new system that is coming

Maybe not, but is it wrong for DE to incentivize platinum purchase for the sake of keeping the updates and new content coming, through this kind of move? There is no such thing as a free game. Real goodwill games where you dont ask anything in return, don't exist on this scale. DE needs to keep their employees happy and paid, because it's not a charity, it's a company, a business. So the best we can hope is for them to make things worth spending platinum on and not just worthless unfun platinum sinks.

What I'm saying is, DE wants you to buy those hardest-to-farm warframes with platinum. If you don't like it, you should suggest another way for DE to remove platinum from circulation.

You can always make the platinum needed to buy those frames some other way in-game, or just find a buddy or two to farm them with, because time flies with good chatting company.

14 minutes ago, Nez-Kal said:

*Pops out of 6+ hour Frame Farm* "H-huh? What was that?"

EDIT:
In all seriousness though, I have been enjoying farming a few areas again to get the Duplicates. THAT SAID, I am also dreading farming Nidus again, as they're almost the last one I have to do. =w="

yeah i mean most of them arent too bad, nidus and harrow and khora and maybe gauss and equinox could be extremely frustrating but basically all the other ones are fine since there is a guaranteed drop for one of the 4 parts every run. the bounty ones are fine too since i nearly every time get at least 1 of the parts each damn bounty when i run them :vomit:

7 minutes ago, SolitaryMan7 said:

Maybe not, but is it wrong for DE to incentivize platinum purchase for the sake of keeping the updates and new content coming, through this kind of move? There is no such thing as a free game. Real goodwill games where you dont ask anything in return, don't exist on this scale. DE needs to keep their employees happy and paid, because it's not a charity, it's a company, a business. So the best we can hope is for them to make things worth spending platinum on and not just worthless unfun platinum sinks.

What I'm saying is, DE wants you to buy those hardest-to-farm warframes with platinum. If you don't like it, you should suggest another way for DE to remove platinum from circulation.

You can always make the platinum needed to buy those frames some other way in-game, or just find a buddy or two to farm them with, because time flies with good chatting company.

well i mean in my opinion they need to keep innovating if they want people to spend money. having to refarm things everybody sold because they wanted to make room for newly made frames doesnt really strike me as an incentive to spend platinum getting them again, if anything it is demoralizing. farming the good ones is probably what i will be doing but i just dont find it very engaging having to play the same node tons of times in a row. doing said thing on monster hunter world or other games where things can escalate extremely quickly and you get your ass beat suddenly because unforeseen and unfortunate things happen all the time, now that is hella fun!

personally i never really find the normal frames worth buying, and i wont be buying any this time either.

40 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

It's honestly so much worse doing Simaris rep cap daily in my opinion than running a few easy and quick missions. I kinda get that S#&$ like Vauban, Hildryn, Gauss and Nidus are kinda S#&$ty to farm, but time-wise it doesn't take long time at all. I guess this would be an option for some people.

EDIT: Also, I don't know if its just me, but I have spare parts of most of the warframes in my foundry anyway, just from regular gameplay.

not that easy and quick for some of them. what about when you have to run it 30-50 times? 100? doing rotation C of that slow and boring defection mission, or that weird but decently interesting infested salvage nobody remembers? and khora and equinox. some of these can take an extremely long time and you can cap simaris scanning in 8 minutes or less with stealth(maybe faster now with steel path? havent tried). i would rather do that and be guaranteed what i am after instead of doing rotation C for days or a week+

a few select frames being added could definitely ease the pain by adding them to his wares 

I'm going to hate having to farm rep for the Simaris frames that I'll already have to get from him, but it makes sense that he would get their codex information so I don't see why it would be an issue to allow you to also get it from him once it's mastered. It's more options that doesn't harm the default system in place at all.

19 hours ago, Talinthis said:

I doubt anybody wants to farm all the base frames again for this new system that is coming, so adding them all to simaris would be nice so we can slowly gather them all over time doing ANY and ALL content instead of being forced to do boring missions or god forbid the defecation mode (no i didnt accidently spell it that way). as per the title, only make them purchasable if they are already mastered. just have them locked like when you dont have sufficient rank in syndicates or something.

i probably wasted a bunch of my 50 million keypresses on the lifespan of my keyboard since this will never be acknowledged, but at least i gave my suggestion.

this is not realistic and we are not getting this. the point is to rehabilitate this part of the game, not additionally marginalize it. if you want an instant frame you can buy it with plat.

1 minute ago, Traubenzuckr said:

this is not realistic and we are not getting this. the point is to rehabilitate this part of the game, not additionally marginalize it. if you want an instant frame you can buy it with plat.

yes because getting veterans to beat their head in on low level missions they dont want to do because they opened up some free slots in the past is a great gameplay addition. Also they are all blueprints from simaris, they have never been an instant frame and it is completely different than buying it with plat. if you ask me it is very realistic 

37 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

The primary point of this, if anything, would to be encouraging the plat sales. Revitalizing low level boss nodes is only a very short term perk, since going forward all current newer players will just have an option to donate the frame to Helminth as an alternative to selling it, and only one time. There's no long term benefit to it, so I don't think it's actually an unreasonable option. Again, I think most people would still prefer to farm bosses than Simaris in most cases, but neither is necessarily easier than the other or makes the other obsolete if it already requires mastery of the frame to buy from Simaris.

Archived