Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Can I build a good heavy attack zaw with this?

(PSN)NoTrollGaming

Question

7 answers to this question

1 hour ago, (PS4)NoTrollGaming said:

Riven is for plague keewar

+140% crit chance

+127% melee damage

any possible good heavy attack builds? 
scythe or polearm

Yeah that riven would suit a heavy attack build (really it’d fit any build) iirc Scythes have a very strong heavy attack, so I’d probably recommend going with that. Parts wise, just go all out with crit (though try not to sacrifice too much attack speed)

in terms of builds the staples are; Killing Blow, Corrupt Charge, Sacrificial Steel, Sacrificial/Primed Pressure Point, and amalgam organ shatter. After that you’re free to add whatever suits you best. Primed Reach is always nice to have, berserker/primed fury can let you spam heavy attacks more, gladiator might for more crit damage, elemental mods for more damage, or even something like Life Strike for healing. There’s a lot of room for experimentation to see what works best for you 

il y a une heure, -AoN-CanoLathra- a dit :

My Stropha would like to have a word with you.

Ok, but it doesn't make it good (or at least, better than a non-heavy attack build).

Unless you can build up your combo fast enough to go from 0 to 220 in a reasonable amount of time (which is definitely possible), you won't be able to use Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds effiently, which make the build inferior to what could be achieved with those mods, it's as simple as this.
Also, heavy attacks are generally slower than normal attacks, which make the use of Shattering Impact and status a lot reliable.

Overall, you would get more benefit from a normal attack build or a hybrid one because you they allow to make use of the best melee mods, while heavy attack ones lock you with much weaker mods that don't rely on combo and fast attacks. Heavy attack build are still usable, but much weaker than anything else on melee.

1 hour ago, lukinu_u said:

Ok, but it doesn't make it good (or at least, better than a non-heavy attack build).

Unless you can build up your combo fast enough to go from 0 to 220 in a reasonable amount of time (which is definitely possible), you won't be able to use Blood Rush and Weeping Wounds efficiently, which make the build inferior to what could be achieved with those mods, it's as simple as this.
Also, heavy attacks are generally slower than normal attacks, which make the use of Shattering Impact and status a lot less reliable.

Overall, you would get more benefit from a normal attack build or a hybrid one because you they allow to make use of the best melee mods, while heavy attack ones lock you with much weaker mods that don't rely on combo and fast attacks. Heavy attack build are still usable, but much weaker than anything else on melee.

Fair enough, but if I am already getting 1mil red crits on my heavy attack build, do I really need to build for more damage? (I am already using Arcane Avenger and Adarza for my Kuva Nukor, so crit chance really isn't a problem).

And even with a hybrid build, I would have to find room for status chance and/or Shattering Impact, so instead I just use corrosive or toxin damage depending on the faction I'm fighting, and ignore status entirely. Also, unless I wanted to run Naramon, I would need way more combo duration than what I could fit into a hybrid build in order to get and keep a 12x combo.

I tried a hybrid build on the Stropha and wasn't impressed. I do use a Hybrid build with Shattering Impact on the Sarpa, since that's what its stats support.

Besides, I can't stand the default and forward attacks of either Bullet Dance or High Noon, so heavy attack builds work better for me. That's not to say that I won't occasionally tap 'e' to do the quick shot at the beginning of the default and/or forward attack in Bullet Dance (IIRC) if the enemies in front of me don't need the full damage, because I do, but those and heavy attacks are pretty much all I do, and the damage is plenty high enough, even for Steel Path.

Archived