The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The New Alchemist Warframe

Bigred

With the announcement of the three new Warframes coming this year, the one that has me most intrigued is the alchemist. I'm looking forward to seeing what DE have in store for this concept. I'm sure by now, the frame is conceptually finished and done, but I thought I'd throw my idea for this frame anyway.

So the obvious way of implementing potion like abilities is to use the “tap to cycle through abilities” and “hold to cast ability”, like Ivara's Quiver ability. However, my idea is to do something mechanically not yet seen in Warframe.

If anyone has used the magic system in a game called “Outward”, you'll probably understand what I am getting at. The idea on how the abilities would work is about making combinations, like how alchemy is about combining ingredients together.

Instead of pressing a key and casting an ability, this Warframe would have to combine two abilities for an effect. The Alchemist's first three abilities do nothing on their own, but two abilities must be combined to create an effect.

Passive Ability

Distil – The Alchemist's systems pump with purifying liquid. Harmful status effects only last half as long.

Ability Names

1. Phial – A small bottle that is quickly drunk to create a self used ability.

2. Potion - A bottle that is thrown forward with small splash radius. Buff allies, debuff enemies.

3. Mist - Breaks a beaker at his feet which releases a mist that covers a large area around you.

4. Constrict – Uses snakes for damage and crowd control.

The first cast determines what type of effect you want, whether you want the ability to affect yourself, a target, or a larger group. The second cast determines what the ability will do, i.e. Heal, buff or debuff. So casting “Phial (1)” first makes the ability affect you, casting “Potion (2)” first is a thrown bottle that affects a target, and “Mist (3)” creates a wide area effect.

The second cast will determine what the ability does, either healing or buffing yourself and allies, or debuffing enemies. The strength of the effect differs. “Phial (1)” abilities give a medium boost to yourself, “Potion (2)” give a stronger boost as they must be aimed at a target, and “Mist (3)” abilities are weaker but affect all allies in range.

Ability combination ideas

KOpOOfM.png?1

The ultimate, constrict, roots the alchemist in place while sending out a number of snakes that entangle nearby enemies, keeping them in place for a duration and causing toxic damage to them. This would make it easier to cast a thrown “Potion” ability at them to debuff for example.

Hope the explanation made some kind of sense. Thanks for reading. Let me know what you think of this concept. Maybe too many combinations? Too complicated to implement or use effectively?

Thanks.

PS. This frame desperately needs either a plague doctor skin, or alternative mask at the very least.

If I got that right.
-The Warframe is snake bassed.
-The Warframe has tubes on its arms for its abilities.
-The Warframe should have its very special close-up combat animations (would be really something new).
- He's supposed to have an asthma mask.

Sounds a lot like an improved version of the Greneer unit Nox.

Archived