Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Revenant Rework

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

5 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

There’s no reason for him to be a vampire. His visual appearance does not look vampire like. His backstory has nothing to do with anything related to vampires.

theres a difference between imagination and ignoring a frames obvious theme in favor of just making him a vampire with abilities stolen from other frames.

and... "muh visual appearance/theme" argument

this looks like denial buddy

Tell you what, why don't I go make a rework of Revenant that makes his kitty better without it being overly convoluted like this one. Will that make you happy, or does it have to match your theme too?

1 hour ago, TurquoiseGnome said:

I don't want him reworked and would rather they make a different warframe that matches whatever theme you want more closely than take away his current kit.

That’s completely nonsensical. It’s like saying you don’t want Nyx reworked but would prefer DE make another Psychic frame that gets all the things Nyx should’ve gotten.

1 hour ago, (PS4)thefallenloser said:

and... "muh visual appearance/theme" argument

this looks like denial buddy

Tell you what, why don't I go make a rework of Revenant that makes his kitty better without it being overly convoluted like this one. Will that make you happy, or does it have to match your theme too?

Literally every frames visual appearance match their theme. Except Revenants. His abilities don’t match the theme of his visuals.

I’m not in denial. You’re all just ignorant and oblivious af.

If the rework keeps his 1-3 in any way shape or form I’m going to immediately write it off.

15 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

That’s completely nonsensical. It’s like saying you don’t want Nyx reworked but would prefer DE make another Psychic frame that gets all the things Nyx should’ve gotten.

is that honestly the only thing you got from what I said?  If you get a rework like you want I lose the warframe I like.  To be perfectly clear the sentence before this one, which shall be referred to as my point from now on, is what I am saying.  Do not ignore my point just so you can cherry pick words from my response so you can feel better about whatever your idea is.  My point does not mean that Revenant shouldn't get the kit he deserves but the kit he has should not be removed so your theme lines up a little better.  Try to understand what I'm saying this time since from your other comments it doesn't seem like talking to you any more is going to get through to you even if you do understand what I'm saying.

20 minutes ago, TurquoiseGnome said:

is that honestly the only thing you got from what I said?  If you get a rework like you want I lose the warframe I like.  To be perfectly clear the sentence before this one, which shall be referred to as my point from now on, is what I am saying.  Do not ignore my point just so you can cherry pick words from my response so you can feel better about whatever your idea is.  My point does not mean that Revenant shouldn't get the kit he deserves but the kit he has should not be removed so your theme lines up a little better.  Try to understand what I'm saying this time since from your other comments it doesn't seem like talking to you any more is going to get through to you even if you do understand what I'm saying.

It’s genuinely not my problem that you like a garbage Warframe.

Revenant should be properly Eidolon themed. And I have zero interest in any sob story that says otherwise.

vor 10 Stunden schrieb (XB1)GearsMatrix301:

It’s genuinely not my problem that you like a garbage Warframe.

Revenant should be properly Eidolon themed. And I have zero interest in any sob story that says otherwise.

And you just should L2P Rev because he is the strongest WF in the game. 

otherwise you just suck if you cant use him right... maybe Candy Crush is the right game for you if Revenant is too hard for you. 

5 hours ago, Hikariwatashi said:

And you just should L2P Rev because he is the strongest WF in the game. 

otherwise you just suck if you cant use him right... maybe Candy Crush is the right game for you if Revenant is too hard for you. 

I know literally everything about Revenant. He’s trash. Calling him the strongest Warframe is like calling stug the greatest pistol in the game. You’re so caught up in “100% this and 100% that”. You don’t take a step back and look at just how impractical and redundant his abilities are.

Honestly, playing Candy Crush sounds a lot more fun than playing Revenant.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I know literally everything about Revenant. He’s trash. Calling him the strongest Warframe is like calling stug the greatest pistol in the game. You’re so caught up in “100% this and 100% that”. You don’t take a step back and look at just how impractical and redundant his abilities are.

Honestly, playing Candy Crush sounds a lot more fun than playing Revenant.

And your so caught up in your biased hatred of his theme that you refuse to acknowledge any benefits the frame does currently possess.

44 minutes ago, (PS4)thefallenloser said:

Whoa, didn't know all dudes in suits and top hats controlled dimensions!

Atleast Limbo is his own thing. Like when you’re starting from scratch you can kind of do whatever you want as long as it makes sense.

Revenant they took a pre existing faction with known powers and attributes. Made a frame out of that faction, and had zero intention of giving him any of those powers or attributes. It would be like if they made Nidus as the “infested frame” but instead of doing what he currently does he’s farting out butterflies or stopping time.

On 2020-08-26 at 2:53 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

No...

Revenant is what he is now—You simply don't like it and disagreed with what got released.

That's the point where you ask for another frame matching your desired theme.

Your argument has enough merit specific to that point (theme) to get DE to listen. Likewise, DE makes so many frames that a pure Eidolan based frame likely wouldn't be that much of a stretch asset wise and it creates an opportunity to add new content to its' oldest open world map.

I applaud your tenacity on the matter but what you are really doing now is just harassing the Revenant fanbase so you can have what you want at this point.

2 hours ago, Padre_Akais said:

No...

Revenant is what he is now—You simply don't like it and disagreed with what got released.

That's the point where you ask for another frame matching your desired theme.

Your argument has enough merit specific to that point (theme) to get DE to listen. Likewise, DE makes so many frames that a pure Eidolan based frame likely wouldn't be that much of a stretch asset wise and it creates an opportunity to add new content to its' oldest open world map.

I applaud your tenacity on the matter but what you are really doing now is just harassing the Revenant fanbase so you can have what you want at this point.

I’m honestly shocked that people are so adamant about keeping Revenant from being an Eidolon Frame. His character model is blatantly obvious theme, his backstory revolves around them. There is absolutely zero reason for anything vampire related to be on him. Yet you people consistently find the most nonsensical of arguments to keep him vampire themed.

I guess if Volt was called the electricity frame but all his powers had to do with ice I should just suck it up and ask for a completely new frame to actually get an electricity themed frame. I guess if Nekros was called the Necromancer but all his abilities revolved around throwing different types of grenades I should just suck it up and ask for a completely new frame for DE to actually make into a necromancer.

As it stands now. Revenant is referred To as an “Eidolon frame”. But 3/4 of his abilities do not accurately represent anything that Eidolons do. I’m not going to sit around and hope that maybe one day DE will think “hey let’s make another Eidolon frame but this time actually give it Eidolon powers”, when there is already a frame in the game that available to be made into such.

1 hour ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m honestly shocked that people are so adamant about keeping Revenant from being an Eidolon Frame.

You shouldn't be... Revenant fits both his quest and the descriptors supplied to him before, during, and after his introduction to the game.

The only thing your argument hinges on is a bland thematic announcement from a dev that didn't actually design him, "We are releasing an Eidolan frame".

Revenant definitely fits the theme of an existing frame corrupted by an Eidolan.

What you wanted was an Eidolan frame—That being an Eidolan corrupted by the Operator into becoming a frame.

Those are two entirely different things... 

Put simply, you wanted Chocolate and got a Reese's instead...You should be asking the devs for another piece of chocolate instead of demanding they scrape the peanut butter off the existing one. 

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

You shouldn't be... Revenant fits both his quest and the descriptors supplied to him before, during, and after his introduction to the game.

The only thing your argument hinges on is a bland thematic announcement from a dev that didn't actually design him, "We are releasing an Eidolan frame".

Revenant definitely fits the theme of an existing frame corrupted by an Eidolan.

What you wanted was an Eidolan frame—That being an Eidolan corrupted by the Operator into becoming a frame.

Those are two entirely different things... 

Put simply, you wanted Chocolate and got a Reese's instead...You should be asking the devs for another piece of chocolate instead of demanding they scrape the peanut butter off the existing one. 

You guys literally pulled the “he was vampire themed before the corruption” out of your butts. Nowhere in Revenants backstory does it mention what his powers were before becoming Revenant. Because it doesn’t matter. Because we didn’t get Warden. We got Revenant. 

If there was no intent to make a frame that had Eidolon abilities, then what was the point of choosing an Eidolon frame model and Eidolon related backstory? And the only conclusion I can draw from that is that none of you have a good answer. Because there’s nothing you can say to actually make sense of it.

You’re also wrong. I’m not making my claim that he should be Eidolon themed because someone who didn’t designed him said so. I’m making the claim because the person who made his concept art literally called him an Eidolon Warframe. And during Tennocon that same person made it very clear that Revenant was not meant to be turned into a vampire.

29 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

You’re also wrong. I’m not making my claim that he should be Eidolon themed because someone who didn’t designed him said so. I’m making the claim because the person who made his concept art literally called him an Eidolon Warframe. And during Tennocon that same person made it very clear that Revenant was not meant to be turned into a vampire.

Concept art and intentions are irrelevant because the frame came out as it is today.

Everything else is irrelevant to the realities of that fact.

What you want and what you got differ... That's happens.

It is simpler to ask for an entirely different frame than it is to ask that the frame that already exists be changed to suit your purist preferences.

You don't have to accept that fact...But it remains a simple fact regardless.

On 2020-08-27 at 11:24 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Because any benefit is massively overshadowed by the 50 things holding it back.

Which, as we've discovered through the many pages of both this thread and every other Revenant thread you've haunted, are mainly nitpicks over the most trivial things plus some anti-synergies some people would agree DE should fix (that doesn't result in destroying Revenant's kit). Nobody else who dislikes Revenant nitpicks this hard and they'd agree that he has some issues which should be addressed.

There's nothing about teammates killing thralls that justify nuking Revenant when it could simply not be made possible, you just don't like him.

There's nothing about Mesmer Skin both benefiting and interfering with Danse Macabre that justify nuking Revenant when it could simply not stun shooters while its active, you just don't like him.

There's nothing about Reave that justify nuking Revenant, you just don't like him.

1 hour ago, Padre_Akais said:

Concept art and intentions are irrelevant because the frame came out as it is today.

Everything else is irrelevant to the realities of that fact.

What you want and what you got differ... That's happens.

It is simpler to ask for an entirely different frame than it is to ask that the frame that already exists be changed to suit your purist preferences.

You don't have to accept that fact...But it remains a simple fact regardless.

If that’s the case then if the Alchemist frame ends up having nothing to do with Alchemy then I expect a 5 paragraph post where you defend why the Alchemist frame has no business being an alchemist.

I wanted the Eidolon frame to actually be an Eidolon frame. IDK how that makes me the bad guy.

I don’t know how “Wanting a frame to actually fit its theme” is considered a personal preference. It should be common sense to want that. Which now explains how you’re all hell bent on stop it. As it’s common knowledge that forum users lack such a trait.

36 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Which, as we've discovered through the many pages of both this thread and every other Revenant thread you've haunted, are mainly nitpicks over the most trivial things plus some anti-synergies some people would agree DE should fix (that doesn't result in destroying Revenant's kit). Nobody else who dislikes Revenant nitpicks this hard and they'd agree that he has some issues which should be addressed.

There's nothing about teammates killing thralls that justify nuking Revenant when it could simply not be made possible, you just don't like him.

There's nothing about Mesmer Skin both benefiting and interfering with Danse Macabre that justify nuking Revenant when it could simply not stun shooters while its active, you just don't like him.

There's nothing about Reave that justify nuking Revenant, you just don't like him.

But there’s everything about his 1-3 not making sense being on what’s supposed to be an Eidolon frame. So nuke ‘em.

1 minute ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

If that’s the case then if the Alchemist frame ends up having nothing to do with Alchemy then I expect a 5 paragraph post where you defend why the Alchemist frame has no business being an alchemist.

That'd be your job...

The Alchemist frame would've already been released at that point, thus making swaps to the powers in its' kit senseless.

For example: You haven't seen me attempting to make changes to Xaku's powers even though it clearly doesn't match its' initial theme.

I haven't done that because that would be dumb.

8 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I wanted the Eidolon frame to actually be an Eidolon frame. IDK how that makes me the bad guy.

I don’t know how “Wanting a frame to actually fit its theme” is considered a personal preference. It should be common sense to want that. Which now explains how you’re all hell bent on stop it. As it’s common knowledge that forum users lack such a trait.

Because it is a personal preference...That's how.

Common sense would be seeing that it doesn't match what you wanted or expected and accepting that it doesn't. 

22 minutes ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

But there’s everything about his 1-3 not making sense being on what’s supposed to be an Eidolon frame. So nuke ‘em.

Personal feelings about how abilities don't fit the theme isn't a reason to nuke the frame. DE has never nuked a frame for having theme mismatches (in your opinion).

Archived