Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

The Revenant Rework

(XBOX)GearsMatrix301

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

In my house, me and my friend Pablo  were talking about removing his mesmer skin because is one of the stupidest broken abilities in this game.

Same for limbo, nova, wisp and many other stupid broken abilities.

You're probably trolling, but if DE_Pablo genuinely said something about Revenant's Mesmer Skin, I'd really like to know.

It'd be a gross miscarriage of balancing priorities if they did something to Revenant before they balanced Mesa/Saryn/Ember/Volt/Equinox nuking the game.

13 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

You're probably trolling, but if DE_Pablo genuinely said something about Revenant's Mesmer Skin, I'd really like to know.

It'd be a gross miscarriage of balancing priorities if they did something to Revenant before they balanced Mesa/Saryn/Ember/Volt/Equinox nuking the game.

But saryn, ember,saryn  and mesa doesn't need any balance but on low levels. The problem is that some new abilities are now totally broken and combining some abilities with older ones are even more broken.

14 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

But saryn, ember,saryn  and mesa doesn't need any balance but on low levels. The problem is that some new abilities are now totally broken and combining some abilities with older ones are even more broken.

What synergies with Mesmer Skin make it broken? I'm pretty sure the synergies itself could be looked at, just like how DE stopped the Xoris from buffing exalted weapons without gutting the weapon or the abilities.

26 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

There’s no reason to change the frames that are already good. If you keep changing where the top line is you’ll never see good improvements to the bottom line.

27 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

Yeah... I mean Mesmer Skin is really really broken OP in some situations. But there are creative ways for DE to break or harm Mesmer Skin effectiveness... like 4 player spawns in Steel Path, Profit Taker underbelly cannon, Tusk Bolkor/Condor Drop Ship turrets, or even the new Necramechs! You can beat Necramechs with Revenant comfortably, but that arm cannon is nothing to tank with using Revenant. Like with Exploiter Orb phase 1, you get in, you shoot the Necramech and then you hide and replenish Mesmer Skin as needed. I like Revenant for most of that fight from Bait station to toxicity to assisting Loid/Otak. I like Chroma better for fighting the Necramech itself, but he's terrible at protecting the Bait station and protecting Loid/Otak.

Given that DE has demonstrated that they're willing to bypass Mesmer Skin per-enemy time gating and stun mechanics, it'd surprise me if they really felt the need to change Mesmer Skin to damage reduction.

34 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

What synergies with Mesmer Skin make it broken? I'm pretty sure the synergies itself could be looked at, just like how DE stopped the Xoris from buffing exalted weapons without gutting the weapon or the abilities.

It's a stupid broken ability from the beginning. In what kind of serious game do you have total invincibility( but in an hilarious game like WF...)?

2 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

It's a stupid broken ability from the beginning. In what kind of serious game do you have total invincibility( but in an hilarious game like WF...)?

That didn't answer my question.

You mentioned synergy about old skills combining with the new. What is the synergy that makes Mesmer Skin broken that DE can't fix without reducing the skill into a generic DR?

3 minutes ago, Pizzarugi said:

That didn't answer my question.

You mentioned synergy about old skills combining with the new. What is the synergy that makes Mesmer Skin broken that DE can't fix without reducing the skill into a generic DR?

I was speaking in general, now you can just use cloak arrow on equinox for example making it stupidly broken.  Marked for death is totally broken. A serious developer could fix them immediately but DE will wait till everyone will have it, abusing  it and they will probably nerf it..

4 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

Diablo 3's Wizard had Energy Armor with the Force Armor rune which worked kind of like a 2-3 charge Mesmer Skin. If you receive more than 35% of your total health in damage, the damage is truncated to 35% of your health in damage. Then somebody made a Wizard with as little health and high regeneration as possible... and then Blizzard added the condition that the damage must not exceed 100% of the Wizard's health.

So there's an example of a similar mechanic used in a different game that could achieve near total invincibility. And it did exist without that 100% health condition until someone abused it!

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Armor

Just now, nslay said:

Diablo 3's Wizard had Energy Armor with the Force Armor rune which worked kind of like a 2-3 charge Mesmer Skin. If you receive more than 35% of your total health in damage, the damage is truncated to 35% of your health in damage. Then somebody made a Wizard with as little health and high regeneration as possible... and then Blizzard added the condition that the damage must not exceed 100% of the Wizard's health.

So there's an example of a similar mechanic used in a different game that could achieve near total invincibility. And it did exist without that 100% health condition until someone abused it!

https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Energy_Armor

Diablo 3 is a stupid Hack n slash, this is an ACTION game.They can't think to turn this game into an hack n slash...

Just now, bibmobello said:

Diablo 3 is a stupid Hack n slash, this is an ACTION game.They can't think to turn this game into an hack n slash...

As a former Diablo player, Warframe is a lot more similar than you think.

1 hour ago, bibmobello said:

It has a set limit on charges that requires micro managing to keep up and when your swarmed it can get knocked off fairly fast or you're just open to damage during recasting. I sware a lot of yall who bash on him just look at his abilities on paper or watch a good revenant player on a long survival and QQ about it. His whole gameplay loop is about managing Mesmer skin. Unless you want just a 4 build then your probably not going to have much in the way of survivability mods on him so you have room to make his 1-3 will work. 

This is directed at all those complaining about MS being uninspired not just the person quoted. 

There are so many frames with 90% DR where you add some health and adaptation yet you call one of the frames that does tanking different uninspired, all frames have their niche and this game is a power fantasy and all team stuff is coop where the whole team shares in the bounty regardless of the stats screen at the end of the mission any thought of balance is ridiculous unless your playing in PVP. Stop calling for nerfs cause some one got 90% damage dealt or 0% taken be glad they were in your team. If you're bored or find it too easy use a different frame, play solo, throw some dragon keys on, use a non meta build, set up team comps in your clan if you don't want to play with xyz frames that take all your kills. There are frames out there that actually need some work (looks at Hydroid) revenant is low on that list.

58 minutes ago, Kaiune said:

It has a set limit on charges that requires micro managing to keep up and when your swarmed it can get knocked off fairly fast or you're just open to damage during recasting. I sware a lot of yall who bash on him just look at his abilities on paper or watch a good revenant player on a long survival and QQ about it. His whole gameplay loop is about managing Mesmer skin. Unless you want just a 4 build then your probably not going to have much in the way of survivability mods on him so you have room to make his 1-3 will work. 

This is directed at all those complaining about MS being uninspired not just the person quoted. 

There are so many frames with 90% DR where you add some health and adaptation yet you call one of the frames that does tanking different uninspired, all frames have their niche and this game is a power fantasy and all team stuff is coop where the whole team shares in the bounty regardless of the stats screen at the end of the mission any thought of balance is ridiculous unless your playing in PVP. Stop calling for nerfs cause some one got 90% damage dealt or 0% taken be glad they were in your team. If you're bored or find it too easy use a different frame, play solo, throw some dragon keys on, use a non meta build, set up team comps in your clan if you don't want to play with xyz frames that take all your kills. There are frames out there that actually need some work (looks at Hydroid) revenant is low on that list.

What micro management and microcrap, you just spam that ability and use rolling guard. BTW i don't give a #*!%, this game   a jumble of messy incompleted ideas.

1 hour ago, Kaiune said:

bibmobello actually has experience with Revenant. You can see that he/she even knows that Mesmer Skin is often OP. And in another thread, he/she told me about his/her experience in Corpus Arbitration with Revenant. So seeing a contrasting opinion about Mesmer Skin from an experienced Revenant player is really quite something... bibmobello definitely deserves some attention!

27 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

What micro management and microcrap, you just spam that ability and use rolling guard. BTW i don't give a #*!%, this game   a jumble of messy incompleted ideas.

The micromanagement isn't so much of an issue in normal game play. But it becomes real, in say... Necramech! But that's only because Mesmer Skin is not very good against a boss like Necramech (or Profit Taker). And I bet you were micromanaging more in that Corpus Arbitration?

8 hours ago, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

I’m talking about how his last reply literally took what I said, and changed the words in the quote just to create something he can think of an argument against. Instead of just admitting defeat.

Actually, Not so much...

What you said...↓

On 2020-08-29 at 11:38 PM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

They made a frame. Called it an Eidolon Warframe. And failed to deliver on that.

How I fixed it...↓

On 2020-08-30 at 1:15 AM, Padre_Akais said:

They made a frame. Called it Revenant. And I'm not happy with it.

Not sure where the "contrived argument" or "admit of defeat" is in that though...

If anything...I'm just ensuring you remain consistent with the other stuff you've said↓

On 2020-08-29 at 8:51 AM, (XB1)GearsMatrix301 said:

Revenant isn’t named Eidolon frame

😁

1 hour ago, nslay said:

The micromanagement isn't so much of an issue in normal game play. But it becomes real, in say... Necramech! But that's only because Mesmer Skin is not very good against a boss like Necramech (or Profit Taker). And I bet you were micromanaging more in that Corpus Arbitration?

I use ivara most of the time spamming navigator, wire and perma invisible in prowl and  i have never micromanaged a crap and i doubt revenant requires so much strategy...

3 minutes ago, bibmobello said:

I use ivara most of the time spamming navigator, wire and perma invisible in prowl and  i have never micromanaged a crap and i doubt revenant requires so much strategy...

Take him to Iso Vaults and kill a Necramech. It's definitely more work than face tanking Necramech with Chroma. I don't know if I would call it sophisticated strategy, but you definitely have to be more careful.

7 minutes ago, nslay said:

Take him to Iso Vaults and kill a Necramech. It's definitely more work than face tanking Necramech with Chroma. I don't know if I would call it sophisticated strategy, but you definitely have to be more careful.

Probably if it would exist a SP version of nekramech i could give it a try , considering it dies generally with few hits and it's just a cheap mini boss(but when someone else enters in  the room and i kill myself with millions of slash damage lol).

Archived