Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Orokin Derelict

Lxndr77

So did i hear right that the Orokin Derelict is being removed? If so why? Why not just remove the keys, make a connection from Sedna to the Derelict (with a Nekros specter) and increase the enemies from 25-35 to 40 -50 and make the missions a level 4 missions like in the void. With the new enemies the tiles will be a whole new experience. Personally i just don't wish to see a perfectly good tile set disappear, plus vaults, got to love those vaults.

17 minutes ago, General-Pacman said:

The derelicts wont be removed, they will just be placed as nodes inside of deimos, along with the new open world area.

This. Also, from the fact that the "Secret Faction" of the Open World area revolves entirely around Spoiler, it's been theorized that either the Open World segment of Deimos will be locked off until Newer Players complete the War Within, or you'll just be locked out of the Faction's area, and won't get the "Distress Call" mentioned in the opening segment until after you complete the War Within (Putting the "Secret" in the "Secret Faction", as Steve referred to it as.)

EDIT: Evidence of the later likely being the case: On the map shown the Hub Area's node is locked BEHIND the Free Roams, in terms of star chart progression.

Just now, (PS4)reddragonhrcro said:

I do find it a shame that we are losing derelicts as a location considering it is supposed to represtent the orokin ships/structures that was left in deep space, untouched for a long time and taken over by the infestation.

Same. I hope they do something with the concept though with Railjack, but instead of just the occasional Derelict zones that spawn as a bonus objective in a mission, it'd be great if they randomly appeared on the Star Chart as a Node to investigate once a mission is over, like a "While you were in conflict, the scanners picked up a nearby location. Might be worth checking out, Tenno."
A whole Railjack area that's dedicated to the a Derelict, instead of just one little broken and floating building bit.

1 hour ago, Nez-Kal said:

This. Also, from the fact that the "Secret Faction" of the Open World area revolves entirely around Spoiler, it's been theorized that either the Open World segment of Deimos will be locked off until Newer Players complete the War Within, or you'll just be locked out of the Faction's area, and won't get the "Distress Call" mentioned in the opening segment until after you complete the War Within (Putting the "Secret" in the "Secret Faction", as Steve referred to it as.)

EDIT: Evidence of the later likely being the case: On the map shown the Hub Area's node is locked BEHIND the Free Roams, in terms of star chart progression.

Where in the reveal trailer was it dependant on the spoiler? The only place with a spoiler door was the room with the requiem mod info as far as I saw, and that room is likely the Quills/Vox Solaris equivalent.

Wouldn't be surprised if the secret faction played a larger roll but not sure why you'd think it's required for access.

5 hours ago, Lxndr77 said:

So did i hear right that the Orokin Derelict is being removed? If so why? Why not just remove the keys, make a connection from Sedna to the Derelict (with a Nekros specter) and increase the enemies from 25-35 to 40 -50 and make the missions a level 4 missions like in the void. With the new enemies the tiles will be a whole new experience. Personally i just don't wish to see a perfectly good tile set disappear, plus vaults, got to love those vaults.

its being moved onto demios as mission nodes. 
It will now be option for you to go with randoms doing derlict missions instead of having a squad premade

15 hours ago, Lxndr77 said:

• The Derelict tileset will probably be reused for the Deimos nodes, save for the free-roam Cambion Drift. During the stream Rebb momentarily hovered over a Mobile Defense node on Deimos and the thumbnail art looked like the Derelict. This is intended because the Derelict currently does not have matchmaking, and they want to change that. The nodes MIGHT give MR once they are moved to Deimos (DE has not spoken to this).
  • Since the tileset will likely be reused, Vaults for corrupted mods and kavat scanning for codes will likely still be possible. Also, enemies on these nodes will likely still drop mutagen samples. Further, since the nodes wont be locked behind keys we should be able to deploy extractors to help automate the Mutagen farm.
  • Lephantis and Emissary will likely be the two assassination nodes on Deimos seen on the map in the stream, so there will be no change to the Nekros and Pathocyst farms.

Basically, Heart of Deimos is not as huge an update as it sounds: they're just moving the Derelict out to the main star chart rather than it being off on its own, renaming it, and adding an infested open world node. Further, as has been said, they'll likely lock the free-roam area and hub behind War Within: the map progression shown on the map shows your arriving from Mars, having to go through one node, then you gain access to the Cambion Drift (free roam), and only after getting through the drift can you get to the Necralisk (hub). Since the demo showed a sort of 'quest intro' when Rebb loaded in, I imagine that the Drift and Necralisk will be hidden until the player completes War Within, much like the Ropalolyst node on Jupiter is hidden until the player completes Chimera Prologue. Or, at the very least, the Quest wont unlock until then.

15 hours ago, Sentinel-14 said:

Basically, Heart of Deimos is not as huge an update as it sounds: they're just moving the Derelict out to the main star chart rather than it being off on its own, renaming it, and adding an infested open world node.

Overall it is disappointing, they could have left the current derelict and just connected it to Sedna and created a whole new derelict to go with Deimos. Lets hope the free roam is worth the change.

8 hours ago, Lxndr77 said:

Overall it is disappointing, they could have left the current derelict and just connected it to Sedna and created a whole new derelict to go with Deimos. Lets hope the free roam is worth the change.

I'm okay with it being moved. It's annoying having to create keys, especially Lephantis and Emissary keys considering they take an hour to craft: I cant just farm them on a whim if I want to. And I dont mean to make it sound like it's not a big update: it is. It's just not "whole new world" big. It's the same as Plains and Fortuna: existing world gets a new node, quest, frame and bounties. And while yes, they could have just connected the Derelict to Sedna, this gives them the opportunity to push the new open world without having to create a whole new planet to put it on: it's a smart use of resources given the somewhat limited working capacity they have thanks to the plague.

Archived