Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

About Kubrow/Kavat Size

(NSW)Yaibajin

Question

I've been reading some threads and I'm pretty much asking months/years later after these questions were asked to confirm the correctness of these findings.

1. 2 Imprints of the same creature guarantees the best chances of an exact clone.

2. 2 imprints of two different appearances is a literal coin flip between the two types. Not a combination where the new pet gets traits from both "parents." A Thicc Raksa (referring to their stock photos) and a long thin limbed Sunika. Isn't gonna make a thin limbed thicc body Kubrow. But one or the other.

3. Imprints only affect the model type (like for kubrow there are only a stock few set models) and fur pattern. Variables like size/height are pure RNG.

4. A helminth will copy the model's build of the imprinted kubrow used when you use two types. I can confirm this myself as I created a rather tall lanky Kubrow and came out with a Helminth of the same build and similar size. Like its a tall helminth but not sure if thats due to imprint or rng since its not the exact same height from what I can tell.

5. Kavats are all pretty much the same sizes heightwise. Body build might differ, from face type and variables for body and limbs.

6. Vasca born from Vasca virus normal Kavats will mimic the proportions of that Kavat.

8 answers to this question

1. Confirm

2. Sounds wrong

3. Description is unclear, but size and build of kubrows remains random

4. idk

5. Kavats are all the same height AND build - no variation except bodyparts, and moonless skinned kavats are larger (same as kavat + armor)

6. Kavat proportions do not vary.

7 hours ago, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

1. 2 Imprints of the same creature guarantees the best chances of an exact clone.

there have been very rare cases of it being a differnt kubrow like less than 1% chance
while sizes have been known to be different from what you breed of the kubrow with the imprints to what is seen on imprints.
i had made a bulky lotus that had black an white with some yellow on it making it look like a prime kubrow. 
gave imprints to a friend an she made a copy which the imprints had the kubrow kinda tall but not omega an they got a teacup like size.
friend returned imprints an later i gave imprints to a clan mate who did not get a teacup but more of a normal size kubrow.
the breed, fur pattern an colors will be the same but size can be random

8 hours ago, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

2. 2 imprints of two different appearances is a literal coin flip between the two types. Not a combination where the new pet gets traits from both "parents." A Thicc Raksa (referring to their stock photos) and a long thin limbed Sunika. Isn't gonna make a thin limbed thicc body Kubrow. But one or the other.

it will take on either a bulky or athletic build.
while it can draw on any of the parents colors
will pick one of its parents breeds if both are differnt breed
take on one of parents fur pattern if both have differnt fur patterns
any colors an fur patterns you change on your kubrow an take imprints of wont carry onto the imprint as your taking the base look of it

3. Imprints only affect the model type (like for kubrow there are only a stock few set models) and fur pattern. Variables like size/height are pure RNG.

correct

4. A helminth will copy the model's build of the imprinted kubrow used when you use two types. I can confirm this myself as I created a rather tall lanky Kubrow and came out with a Helminth of the same build and similar size. Like its a tall helminth but not sure if thats due to imprint or rng since its not the exact same height from what I can tell.

a helmith cant have imprints of it made, an you only use a cyst on a warframe an a egg to make one.
color an size of it will be rng
along with what warframe an how its colors does not affect your helmith

5. Kavats are all pretty much the same sizes heightwise. Body build might differ, from face type and variables for body and limbs.

yup kavats stay same size, while head an tail are all that really differnt between them.

6. Vasca born from Vasca virus normal Kavats will mimic the proportions of that Kavat.

all it will do is take the colors of infected kavat imprint.
so if you take 2 infected imprints from 2 differnt kavats you will mix an match the colors
while using 2 of the same will get you a carbon copy

10 hours ago, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

1. 2 Imprints of the same creature guarantees the best chances of an exact clone.  Not a chance, it is an exact clone

2. If you use 2 different BREEDS im not sure which Breed you would get I dont actually breed dogs.   Its either 50/50 or the order of your imprints could affect it....

3. Mixing 2 different imprints....  Imprints only affect fur pattern, colors, and the thickness of the dog(the 1st imprint contributes one thing, the 2nd contributes the other,  You would have to research this info).    Height is completely random.   Breed see above... 

4. A helminth will copy the model's build of the imprinted kubrow used.  NO.  You dont even use kubrow prints to make a helminth.  Helminths have random colors and random HEIGHT.   There is no different thickness's.  

5. Kavats are all pretty much the same sizes heightwise. Body build might differ, from face type and variables for body and limbs.  Kavat's do not have height/thickness.  Kavat's have different ears, tails, energy colors,  fur colors.  Not sure how the breeding works and what imprint affects what.  

6. Vasca born from Vasca virus normal Kavats will mimic the proportions of that Kavat.  There is no proportions..  I have heard people say they have mixed half Vasca and half smeeta/adarza and gotten a vasca looking kavat but the breed is smeeta/adarza....  I havent touched my vasca since I mastered it...  

10 hours ago, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

That's because DE cannot into eugenics.

In my opinion, this could be made into a much more interesting system by adding the option to make certain traits dominant or recessive with the use of a genetic tool or a resource, in a similar fashion there are suggestions to lock certain stats on a riven.

Imagine the possibilities, if there would be almost an infinite number of combinations, it would be much more than the abomination meme we currently have/had.

Think about something like the creatures in the Spore games.

Wouldn't that be interesting in Warframe? Especially if this could affect and create a multitude of ability and stat combinations?

33 minutes ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

I have heard people say they have mixed half Vasca and half smeeta/adarza and gotten a vasca looking kavat but the breed is smeeta/adarza.

Can confirm this, i got a Vasca by fusing a Smeeta and Vasca imprint.

Looks like a Smeeta (actually my best looking kavat, the traits aren't the same as the ones of the original, the colors are different f.ex.)and it's a Vasca.

11 hours ago, kgabor said:

That's because DE cannot into eugenics.

In my opinion, this could be made into a much more interesting system by adding the option to make certain traits dominant or recessive with the use of a genetic tool or a resource, in a similar fashion there are suggestions to lock certain stats on a riven.

Imagine the possibilities, if there would be almost an infinite number of combinations, it would be much more than the abomination meme we currently have/had.

Think about something like the creatures in the Spore games.

Wouldn't that be interesting in Warframe? Especially if this could affect and create a multitude of ability and stat combinations?

I'm thinking something in terms of fusing kuva weapons.

First slot gives the breed. Second slot transfers the physical traits like fur patterns and build/model.

And the ability to choose the colours via what gene patterns you got or simply leave it randomised.

And so. If you got a Kubrow you wanted the breed for but wanted to reroll the build and you don't have a 2nd imprint that has that build.

Just put in the breed imprint and hope for the best.

also do you have pics of this vasca smeet breed? I'm imagining it mimics the physical proportions and then the vasca skin is put on top of it.

e.g. if you put in an adarza (the scottish fold looking head). The Vasca would have its bat wing ears folded in.

also do you have pics of this vasca smeet breed? I'm imagining it mimics the physical proportions and then the vasca skin is put on top of it.

e.g. if you put in an adarza (the scottish fold looking head). The Vasca would have its bat wing ears folded in.

I might upload it when i have time and will be near my pc.

It looks like a normal Smeeta, i'm not sure of the details, but iirc. pointy ears, leaf tail etc., default colors are white-blue-golden. (the part in the tail that can't be changed in the appearence tab is golden, the original had a green color)

Currently running a comparison.

I created a helmith with a Lanky tall kubrow (Sahasa to clarify).

In the oven is a helminth with thick huras and just as tall as the above kubrow.

Yes using 2 prints of the same kubrow in both cases. Will update once done.

Conclusive results are in: Helminth does not inherit any physical traits from the parent. Including height. I had fat kubrow thats big printed on my newest helminth. Nop just like kavat they have only 1 build. Height is rng based on these 2 samples of both using tall imprints.

Archived