Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

I Think We Should Be Able To Change Our Forum Avatars To Whatever We Want.

Playur

im fine with it the way it is honestly.

a lot less hostility that way.

To counter that I think it would be a good idea to setup something that will go trough all the pictures and confirm/decline them based on the images content.

To counter that I think it would be a good idea to setup something that will go trough all the pictures and confirm/decline them based on the images content.

then whats the point?

DE would have to police what we use and force us to use what they see as acceptable.

thats not really any different than what we have now.

another way to look at is like this, is it more annoying to be told...

"no, you cant use that avatar/whatever because we wont allow it"

or...

"here is a list of things you can pick from"

individuality is nice and all, but in cases like this, its not needed.

Edited by alchemistjkt

then whats the point?

DE would have to police what we use and force us to use what they see as acceptable.

thats not really any different than what we have now.

another way to look at is like this, is it more annoying to be told...

"no, you cant use that avatar/whatever because we wont allow it"

or...

"here is a list of things you can pick from"

individuality is nice and all, but in cases like this, its not needed.

Okay fair enough :<

the reason why DE doesnt allow it, its because there are tons of bronies catpersons and tons of other kind of people who plays this game

Imagine their avatars..

I think forum is just fine like this or maybe they can give us more things to pick as avatar.

I have an avatar of my own that I'd like to use, based off of my red signature in my profile.

Though I think the reason we can't is because our avatars are tied to our in-game avatars, which are plat purchases, which helps put food on the table for DE.

I'd love to be able to choose my own avatar. I always use the same one for every forum I join, but I can't here :(

Sure, we'd see a bunch of ponies and troll faces, but honestly, I'd happily sit through them if I could choose mine.

(As long as animated ones aren't allowed)

If there's any really offensive ones, they would be seen by moderators at some point. And DE should give moderators the ability to hide certain players avatars instantly

Please, DE. *insert sad cat eyes here*

I'd love to be able to choose my own avatar. I always use the same one for every forum I join, but I can't here :(

Sure, we'd see a bunch of ponies and troll faces, but honestly, I'd happily sit through them if I could choose mine.

If there's any really offensive ones, they would be seen by moderators at some point. And DE should give moderators the ability to hide certain players avatars instantly

2005_07_21_shrek_cat.jpg

2005_07_21_shrek_cat.jpg

Hah! We have them now!

There's no way DE can say no to that!

I kind of prefer how the avatars are strictly warframes, gives you a general idea of who each person's favorite character is. 

Until the person pays for his or her favourite avatar, no.

But I'm ok with avatars being restricted. What I want is a larger gallery.

Also, signatures.

Until the person pays for his or her favourite avatar, no.

But I'm ok with avatars being restricted. What I want is a larger gallery.

Also, signatures.

Yes to Avatars and a big HELL NO to Signatures. They get abused way too much

What about increasing the amount of avatars we can choose from?

Like say having more than one excal, more than a few Rhinos, more than a few frosts...

Or have the avatar's colours customizable.

Or allow us to take pics of our warframe from within the game to use as avatar.

Also a HELL NO for signatures. Please remember the ones with crappy connections.

What about increasing the amount of avatars we can choose from?

Like say having more than one excal, more than a few Rhinos, more than a few frosts...

Or have the avatar's colours customizable.

Or allow us to take pics of our warframe from within the game to use as avatar.

Also a HELL NO for signatures. Please remember the ones with crappy connections.

Thats a rather interesting sudgestion actually. Im cool with that. 

For example my Excalibur in a pose about to use Slash Dash would be cool. 

The signature issue is not new, just that hopefully a restriction of 200x700 will do. I'm sure if your net can load the background of the forum you can load some more signatures too...?

As long as they enforce 50 kb or so per signature or allow me to hide or not load them, I'm fine with it. (technically speaking I have already addons that prevent the load of anything bigger than X, but not anyone is a firefox nerd)

But 99% of sigs are clutter, and require mod attention. Especially with the pending PS4 release, we don't need to have mods waste their time with sigs instead of locking/deleting flame and nonsense.