Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What Is The Logic Behind The Mod Drop System

SniffYoBunnies

A demonstration,if you will:

1.Why does a LANCER,the standard Grinneer troop enoucntered at the beginning of the game,drop a SENTINEL mod?!

2.Why does Heated Charge drop so easily,yet Hellfire is so hard to get?

3.Why do I get TONS of Speed Trigger,but no Gunslinger?

I feel like the drop tables for each enemy should be changed by:

1.Adding like 5 more mods to each enemy-then each enemy would have approx.15 mods that he could drop:5 of them being common,5 uncommon,and the last 5 rare.

2.TIERING the enemies by level-A lvl1 Lancer should drop the essential newbie mods:Vitality,Redirection,Steel Fibber,3 starter abbilities of each of the starter frames,while a lvl.20 Lancer could drop you Serration,Piercing hit or Hellfire.

3.FINALLY MAKING THAT DARN DROP TABLE FOR ENEMIES!

4.Make it like the daily-reward system-when you finally get a mod,the chance for it to drop again decreases a little bit,giving you a bigger chance at getting other mods aswell.

Thank you for reading,Tenno

1) More stuff in a pool, more difficult to get any one thing in that pool.

2) Howsabout tiering the drops following the mission tiers? They already have the Tier 1/2/3 thing for determining reward tiers. Applying it to mod droptable to slighly increase the chance of mods in that tier to drop (T1-Common, T2-Uncommon, T3-Rare). It'd give me a reason to actually venture beyond Earth/lower tiered missions.

3) Guess they've started working on it, so now we wait.

As discussed on past Livestreams, we have been planning a Codex style system in-game for drops. The shovel is in the ground to get an in-game Codex that stores and presents information on where players have obtained pickups.  This task is no small feat, and currently we can’t estimate an exact completion date but we will show you the progress along the way in the Developer’s Workshop posts and Livestreams

4) If 1 and 2 are implemented, then this would be nice.

The problem iwth droptables is DE didnt give enough thinking.

Some really useful mods drop from some enemys that appear it low quantities, while other mods drop from enemies that we encounter at high quantities, thus why we get loads of certain mods, and few from the other mods.

Plus level of the enemies doesnt make it easier to get better mods. After the last drop tables they did I have encountered way way less rare mods, and too many common mods, really frustrating.

1- Adding more mods to enemy drop tables will decrease the chances of you getting the mod you want, and just more frustrating. Rage, a rare mod drop from Napalms are hella hard to come by. I've probably killed over 700 of them for my 5 rages.

2- In survivals it'll be possible to get all of that factions' mods without going to another planet, which is eh. There's no motivation to go to other planets, you know.

3- Agreed.

4- Not the best idea. If you accidentally fusion a mod your chances would be more rage inducing. Also, if you sell a mod that you thought would be bad but then got an updated version that's better - rage inducing.

The problem iwth droptables is DE didnt give enough thinking.

Some really useful mods drop from some enemys that appear it low quantities, while other mods drop from enemies that we encounter at high quantities, thus why we get loads of certain mods, and few from the other mods.

Plus level of the enemies doesnt make it easier to get better mods. After the last drop tables they did I have encountered way way less rare mods, and too many common mods, really frustrating.

This. Some of the drops are downright silly and unintuitive. Case in point, the fact that as of the last information we had, the only enemy that drops Hell's Chamber is the Fusion Drone - i.e. the drone that detaches itself from the Fusion Moa when it takes about 50% damage, but isn't killed outright.

The old Drop 1.0 system was definitely better, in my view. Basically it was the case back then that you could get pretty much any mod from any enemy, though it seemed that Grineer had a tendency to drop weapon mods, infested would generally drop warframe/skill mods, and the Corpus would drop sentinel mods more often than not - there was a certain logic to it, atleast in most cases. It also gave you a bit more freedom in how you hunted for stuff and removed some of the tedium - you didn't need to say, run Vor 'till you bled from the eyes if you were looking for Focus and got sick of trying to get it from defense as a wave reward.

It was also the case then that you didn't really need a table to find out what dropped what, atleast insofar as mods went.

the biggest gripe is getting skill mods for other frames, or repeated ones for your frame which have no value whatsoever other than diluting your "normal" useful drops, this i feel will put many off buying their MOD Packs for platinum as no-one wants to waste cash on what is essentially junk.