Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Gravity Warframe Concept

BLT185

So here's an idea me and a friend of mine were mulling about. He asks me what sort of exalted weapon I'd like to see, being an avid hammer user my answer was fairly predictable. But after some discussion we wound up building a full kit around the concept of gravity.

Gravity Themed Warframe Concept:

Role: Crowd Control

Name Ideas: Hadron, Newton, Polaris, Boson

Abilities

Passive: Immune to Knockdown

1-     Repel: Knockback all enemies away within a certain radius.

2-     Polarity: Warframe summons hammer, and slams ground causing enemies within a certain radius to float for a certain amount of time

3-     Neutron Bomb: upon activation, the warframe throws object that draws enemies in within a given radius, ability is on a timer and when the timer runs out, the object explodes damaging all enemies that were caught in the gravity well. Alternatively, player can press the ability button again to manually. The explosion damage depends on how many enemies were drawn into the gravity well.

4-     Quantum Hammer: Exalted Weapon, Slam attack with hammer knocks down and immobilizes enemies within radius and grounds flyers

15 minutes ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

That sounds cool, for a league of leyends type of game tho

that I do agreed.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Pretty much this concept sound like it is stolen or try copywriter from destiny 2 game.

3 hours ago, ChaoticEdge said:

that I do agreed.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Pretty much this concept sound like it is stolen or try copywriter from destiny 2 game

3 hours ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

2 hours ago, Kaggelos said:

Some of the abilities are already in game in one way or another. But in all honesty, i'd love a gravity/telekinesis themed warframe, similar to adepts from Mass Effect (3 and Andromeda in particular)

I don't play Destiny 2 or League of Legends, so I actually didn't know, thanks for telling me. As for the repeat of other abilities thing, I mean there are a lot of abilities in game that do similar things to one another, but I definitely appreciate the feedback. What are the Adepts from Mass Effect 3? I've only ever played the first one. The main concept was basically to create a dude with hammer and gravity powers.

21 minutes ago, BLT185 said:

What are the Adepts from Mass Effect 3

In ME3 and Andromeda (which is great btw), adepts are basically telekinetics. Similar to Mag's Pull and Magnetize, but with better synergy between the two (pull and singularity for adepts). Personally, not a fan of weapon themed characters, more of a powers being the center of focus instead of equipment, weapons etc, but that's just a personal preference of mine ^^

I wont elaborate any further, since my idea of a gravity based warframe is much different and borders on the telekinetic aspect (like Pain from Naruto). Although, gyrokinetic combat would have been pretty dope, but alas, our melee is weapon based instead of pure hand to hand combat (fisticuffs don't count, they're weapons).

honestly, this is average at best.

- knockdown immunity is already a passive on Atlas. and nowadays you need somethign far more useful to compete, like Protea's passive, which actively encourages use of her powers.

- 1st ability sounds just like Sonic Boom. we have enough crappy 1st abilities, as people will be reminded when Helminth Chrysalis goes live and we see just how underwhelming the transferrable powers are (while asking us to weither give up a warframe or farm/buy a new one entirely.)

- 2nd ability is literally Rhino Stomp.

- 3rd ability sounds like a mix of Spellbind and Antimatter Drop, and it's not bad.

- 4th ability.. another Exalted weapon.. because we sure don't have enough of those.. if I roll my eyes any harder they might fall out of my head.

IMO, this is not very imaginative for a Telekinesis/gravity frame; you should be slamming enemies into the floor, or making gravitational fields around them that slow them down. you could also cancel gravity on yourself and float around, there's a LOT of options here.

5 hours ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

honestly, this is average at best.

- knockdown immunity is already a passive on Atlas. and nowadays you need somethign far more useful to compete, like Protea's passive, which actively encourages use of her powers.

- 1st ability sounds just like Sonic Boom. we have enough crappy 1st abilities, as people will be reminded when Helminth Chrysalis goes live and we see just how underwhelming the transferrable powers are (while asking us to weither give up a warframe or farm/buy a new one entirely.)

- 2nd ability is literally Rhino Stomp.

- 3rd ability sounds like a mix of Spellbind and Antimatter Drop, and it's not bad.

- 4th ability.. another Exalted weapon.. because we sure don't have enough of those.. if I roll my eyes any harder they might fall out of my head.

IMO, this is not very imaginative for a Telekinesis/gravity frame; you should be slamming enemies into the floor, or making gravitational fields around them that slow them down. you could also cancel gravity on yourself and float around, there's a LOT of options here.

Thanks for the feedback, it actually really helps to refine the concept better. By the way what’s your take on exalted weapons? I’m just curious, I personally find the concept of them cool just none of them are weapons I myself prefer to use in game. When designing the concept I actually based it off of the thought “what sort of frame would have a hammer as an exalted weapon.”

i like the gravity but id say merge the 2 and 4 into one ability hammer that can do either or function. then for the 2 make an aoe gravity dome that deals damage overtime slows enemies to a crawl and prevents bullets from going more than a few inches before plunging ibto the ground

11 minutes ago, SweetAnubis said:

i like the gravity but id say merge the 2 and 4 into one ability hammer that can do either or function. then for the 2 make an aoe gravity dome that deals damage overtime slows enemies to a crawl and prevents bullets from going more than a few inches before plunging ibto the ground

I like that, I was also replacing one ability with something that draws enemies in and using them as a sort of orbiting meat-shield for the duration of the ability, or until the enemies affected die (Whichever comes first naturally)

Did a revamp of the abilties, thoughts and feedback is appreciated; also ideas for a visual theme would also be appreciated, but sadly I am no good at drawing.

Gravity Themed Warframe Concept:

Role: Crowd Control

Name Ideas: Hadron, Newton, Polaris, Boson

Abilities

Passive: Immune to Knockdown

1-     Orbit: Draws enemies within a certain radius and causes them to orbit the warframe. Enemies affected will act as a shield until the abilities duration ends or the enemies’ hp drops to 0 (whichever comes first)

2-     Polar Dome: Warframe produces that deals impact damage over time, and slows enemies for the duration.

3-     Neutron Bomb: upon activation, the warframe throws object that draws enemies in within a given radius, ability is on a timer and when the timer runs out, the object explodes damaging all enemies that were caught in the gravity well. Alternatively, player can press the ability button again to manually. The explosion damage depends on how many enemies were drawn into the gravity well.

4-     Quantum Hammer: Exalted Weapon, Slam attack with hammer knocks down and immobilizes enemies within radius and grounds flyers

32 minutes ago, Felsagger said:

True. 

I don't want any of that League of Legend crap in War Frame. 

20 hours ago, (PS4)Apoleon_amarr said:

Could you elaborate further? I don't play League of Legends so I'm not really seeing it

9 minutes ago, BLT185 said:

Okay, so I'm having trouble figuring out a passive for this kit, immune to knockdown is just kind of underwhelming. anyone want to pitch me an idea?

Atlas already has that passive so it's a good idea not to use it. I would've suggested a mini loot vacuum but Mag already has that...so...

Maybe have on ability cast it leaves a residual area of greatly increased gravity xx meters in radius (probably 3-5 meters), this would last for xx seconds (probably 2-3 seconds). Enemies who enter this are are slammed on the floor pinning them down until the duration expires, no damage is actually inflicted bc it is a passive.

You could instead add some type of meter passive like Ember has but that would require reworking the entire kit.

1 hour ago, BLT185 said:

Neutron Bomb: upon activation, the warframe throws object that draws enemies in within a given radius, ability is on a timer and when the timer runs out, the object explodes damaging all enemies that were caught in the gravity well. Alternatively, player can press the ability button again to manually. The explosion damage depends on how many enemies were drawn into the gravity well.

There is a bit of a problem with this ability... it is far too similar to Nidus' Larva with the Larva Burst Augment.

Archived