Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Steel Path, the Derelicts, and you

[DE]Momaw

Hello Tenno!

As some of you are aware from Tennocon, with the upcoming Heart of Deimos update we will be removing the “Orokin Derelicts” region from the map. Its map nodes will be instead given to the pulsing, infested Deimos region.

This raises the question: What happens to players on the Steel Path? You get a unique Emote and Trophy for each region that you have completed, but if the Derelicts aren’t on the map how will you get these rewards?

The answer is: After Heart of Deimos launches, finishing the Deimos region will give you BOTH the Deimos and Derelict rewards regardless of whether you have previously finished the Derelicts. This way everybody has a chance to finish their entire set, and thematically it respects both areas: the original Derelicts, and the new Deimos landscape.

Was really hoping for it to become unobtainable, since it doesn't really do much gameplay wise, but rather is a trophy.
So having a trophy to show off that you were there and you did that thing during that timeframe would be nice.

3 minutes ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Should be literally just Derelict tileset missions with corrupted mods on Deimos, with one landscape area. The entirety of Earth doesn't look like PoE.

That is what I assume but clarification is always nice. Plus it is not like they got rid of a whole area on the starchart and moved it to a new area for PoE so you can't really compare the two.

I agree with what some have said here:
mastery shouldn't be tied behind unplayable missions, so that should be handled. 

However, a trophy with no impact on gameplay, and a couple farmable resources are not so important. I think they should be left for those who are "old enough" to have played the derelict before it was removed. There really is no harm, and down the road it'll be a cool "I remember when that was a thing" trophy. I hope that you change this. Think of it this way: it's a lot better of a way to make vets happy without caving to the people asking that everyone be subjected to the same bugs and horrible grind we put up with before changes came to make them better, right?

16 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Hello Tenno!

As some of you are aware from Tennocon, with the upcoming Heart of Deimos update we will be removing the “Orokin Derelicts” region from the map. Its map nodes will be instead given to the pulsing, infested Deimos region.

This raises the question: What happens to players on the Steel Path? You get a unique Emote and Trophy for each region that you have completed, but if the Derelicts aren’t on the map how will you get these rewards?

The answer is: After Heart of Deimos launches, finishing the Deimos region will give you BOTH the Deimos and Derelict rewards regardless of whether you have previously finished the Derelicts. This way everybody has a chance to finish their entire set, and thematically it respects both areas: the original Derelicts, and the new Deimos landscape.

That's good to hear @[DE]Momaw! I'm still re-watching the stream (Some lag occurred throughout, so I haven't seen the entire stream yet; Not seeing too many spoilers so far!) myself, but I did hear of the derelicts possibly being done away with, etc. on Reddit yesterday. So with the help of some others & my Mirage Umbra (& other builds), I cleared every SP derelict node last night. I think the Emissary was the toughest out of all that!

Thank you for the confirmation on the derelicts :]    (Looking forward to seeing the rest of Tennocon, so far I'm past the Art panel!)

39 minutes ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Thank you, it's a cool looking statue, so it's good that people will get to enjoy it without having to have happened to be playing within specific month without much warning

As much as I appreciate the preservation of the old rewards, I don't think anyone was worried about this

What Steel Path players are more concerned about, is whether our Derelict progress will translate to Deimos progress, because the Derelict had 2 of the longest boss fights in the entirety of The Steel Path. I think I speak for a large majority when I say I don't want to fight another level 140 Lephantis or Zealoid Prelate again.

13 minutes ago, Disrevoid said:

As much as I appreciate the preservation of the old rewards, I don't think anyone was worried about this

What Steel Path players are more concerned about, is whether our Derelict progress will translate to Deimos progress, because the Derelict had 2 of the longest boss fights in the entirety of The Steel Path. I think I speak for a large majority when I say I don't want to fight another level 140 Lephantis or Zealoid Prelate again.

i'm also curious about this progress transfrer, quite a concern for me tho Lephantis with slow Nova and corrosive accelerata got trashed easily when i went duo with friend form guild, but yeah 1st phase of Prelate was ridiculously tankky, literally took longer that the lantern shiineneganse fight later, also wonder if we will be allowed to keep current derelict trophy from SP as legacy item or wil lit be replaced with Deimos one

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

disappointing the derelict emote and decoration doesnt become limited edition content 

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Deimos region

So do you mean that we need to AGAIN finish all nodes on Deimos in order to get the new Deimos statue ya? Do all nodes again or just the 6th bounties on Deimos open world?

il y a une heure, Frost_King a dit :

What about Mastery?

SP Derelict nodes don't give mastery.

Just did the SP Derelict Exterminate for the first time and my mastery didn't change at all.

It's also stated on the wiki :

Citation

Neither Derelict Nodes nor Jordas Golem and Mutalist Alad V Assassinate nodes are required to reach maximum Mastery (27,501) from Steel Path missions.

17 minutes ago, Grimm said:

disappointing the derelict emote and decoration doesnt become limited edition content 

I think that's an unhealthy mindset. Punishing newer players for showing up late is never good design. There are better ways to reward veteran players without catering to elitism.

Archived