Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Steel Path, the Derelicts, and you

[DE]Momaw

45 minutes ago, Disrevoid said:

As much as I appreciate the preservation of the old rewards, I don't think anyone was worried about this

What Steel Path players are more concerned about, is whether our Derelict progress will translate to Deimos progress, because the Derelict had 2 of the longest boss fights in the entirety of The Steel Path. I think I speak for a large majority when I say I don't want to fight another level 140 Lephantis or Zealoid Prelate again.

i was, i really like the look of the derelict and i would love to have the reward but im nowhere close to being able to even complete a sortie

1 час назад, [DE]Momaw сказал:

After Heart of Deimos launches, finishing the Deimos region will give you BOTH the Deimos and Derelict rewards regardless of whether you have previously finished the Derelicts. This way everybody has a chance to finish their entire set, and thematically it respects both areas: the original Derelicts, and the new Deimos landscape.

I sure hope that everyone who already done Derelict will also automatically get Deimos rewards. This way everybody who already did this missions won't have to re-do them for the full set just because they played too early

No problem with Derelict statue not being limited time only, I just don't want all the time spent on boss fights (solo!) go to waste

33 minutes ago, (PS4)Oracle-Raven said:

I think that's an unhealthy mindset. Punishing newer players for showing up late is never good design. There are better ways to reward veteran players without catering to elitism.

I don't agree with that. It's a cosmetic reward that has a circumstance attached to it to earn it.If that reward circumstance isn't a thing anymore why should someone get it for not doing it? Having exclusive rewards not every player can have is a cool thing for veterans. We already have some of that in Dojos for older clans. Rooms that aren't a thing anymore and Trophy's from events and what not. More of that should be around.

57 minutes ago, AVSManfred said:

i'm also curious about this progress transfrer, quite a concern for me tho Lephantis with slow Nova and corrosive accelerata got trashed easily when i went duo with friend form guild, but yeah 1st phase of Prelate was ridiculously tankky, literally took longer that the lantern shiineneganse fight later, also wonder if we will be allowed to keep current derelict trophy from SP as legacy item or wil lit be replaced with Deimos one

1 hour ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Hello Tenno!

As some of you are aware from Tennocon, with the upcoming Heart of Deimos update we will be removing the “Orokin Derelicts” region from the map. Its map nodes will be instead given to the pulsing, infested Deimos region.

This raises the question: What happens to players on the Steel Path? You get a unique Emote and Trophy for each region that you have completed, but if the Derelicts aren’t on the map how will you get these rewards?

The answer is: After Heart of Deimos launches, finishing the Deimos region will give you BOTH the Deimos and Derelict rewards regardless of whether you have previously finished the Derelicts. This way everybody has a chance to finish their entire set, and thematically it respects both areas: the original Derelicts, and the new Deimos landscape.

I've previously thinking - and dreaming - about a Derelict rework with old Arcanes' Helmets changed - and included into Derelicts - for newly Arcanes Dragons (like Corrupted Mods in the Vault but for Arcanes with Orokin-Infested design) for using this Arcanes on any Warframe with no-more linked to a particular Warframe's Helmet Design. I'd like to see this thing one day linked to Infested Orokins tilsets ; a dream maybe or ? ♥️

2 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Hello Tenno!

As some of you are aware from Tennocon, with the upcoming Heart of Deimos update we will be removing the “Orokin Derelicts” region from the map. Its map nodes will be instead given to the pulsing, infested Deimos region.

This raises the question: What happens to players on the Steel Path? You get a unique Emote and Trophy for each region that you have completed, but if the Derelicts aren’t on the map how will you get these rewards?

The answer is: After Heart of Deimos launches, finishing the Deimos region will give you BOTH the Deimos and Derelict rewards regardless of whether you have previously finished the Derelicts. This way everybody has a chance to finish their entire set, and thematically it respects both areas: the original Derelicts, and the new Deimos landscape.

So players who never bothered to do Derelict will gain both rewards. But those of us who already did will still need to play through the new nodes to get the new reward?

So players who finished the derelict are being punished while players who didn't bother are being rewarded? That doesn't seem right to me. I think you guys should reconsider. This isn't a game mode that is supposed to be for everyone. Giving those of us who powered through it in the first couple of months exclusive derelict rewards that other players who didn't grind it out the way we did turns it into a cool and exclusive cosmetic. 

Rather than punishing the players who did the content how about rewarding us instead?

1 hour ago, Disrevoid said:

As much as I appreciate the preservation of the old rewards, I don't think anyone was worried about this

What Steel Path players are more concerned about, is whether our Derelict progress will translate to Deimos progress, because the Derelict had 2 of the longest boss fights in the entirety of The Steel Path. I think I speak for a large majority when I say I don't want to fight another level 140 Lephantis or Zealoid Prelate again.

Do you mind me asking how you managed to beat the Prelate?

Cuz that was the most frustrating thing i've ever seen, after nearly 40 minutes we had done next to nothing to him during the lanturn pahse.

Bullet sponges are not hard mode. They're not hard, they're time consuming. Time consuming =/= Hard.

4 минуты назад, (XB1)Grimsley Clause сказал:

Cuz that was the most frustrating thing i've ever seen, after nearly 40 minutes we had done next to nothing to him during the lanturn pahse.

Bullet sponges are not hard mode. They're not hard, they're time consuming. Time consuming =/= Hard.

Did it with Octavia, solo 22 min. Not the best time, but quite easy mission, just boring. Her 1 beats mobs, so you dont need to bother killing to keep lamp working. I went invisible, took my zaw with gas dmg and hit Prelate with it for 20 minutes xd

2 minutes ago, (XB1)Grimsley Clause said:

He's weak to gas and not status immune so a gas modded crit melee with a lot of slash will tare him up pretty quick.You can also use a status CO applicator secondary to make it go even faster (kuva nukor,tysis,cyanex,pox). I can solo him in about 7 minutes with a reaper prime,or kronen prime. But the first time certainly took me around 20.

1 minute ago, exturkconner said:

He's weak to gas and not status immune so a gas modded crit melee with a lot of slash will tare him up pretty quick.You can also use a status CO applicator secondary to make it go even faster (kuva nukor,tysis,cyanex,pox). I can solo him in about 7 minutes with a reaper prime,or kronen prime. But the first time certainly took me around 20.

Wanna share the builds you got running there?

vor 2 Stunden schrieb saghzs:

Was really hoping for it to become unobtainable, since it doesn't really do much gameplay wise, but rather is a trophy.
So having a trophy to show off that you were there and you did that thing during that timeframe would be nice.

Who do you want to flex for? Your E-Girlfriend?

3 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Hello Tenno!

So if I already have finished the derelict, will I have to redo all the missions again to get the deimos statue? Or can I just do a deimos steel path bounty and any new nodes and get the statue?

I'm sure this has been said, but I also wanted to clarify. It seems that the actual approach to this is that the derelict sector will be renamed deimos, with all nodes the same, and will no longer require derliect keys to access. Then they are tacking on the new open world. On stream When the hovered over the other nodes in deimos they had the same appearance as a derilct mission.

So, tldr, derlicts are remaining, will still offer corrupted mods and will no longer require keys to access.

4 hours ago, Mysandwich said:

That is what I assume but clarification is always nice. Plus it is not like they got rid of a whole area on the starchart and moved it to a new area for PoE so you can't really compare the two.

but they did for lua with the new starchart
also demios is a new region on the starchart and it needs mission nodes other than it's "plains" and town or it would look rather awkward and this is probably less effort than adding another 6-10 new nodes that we don't really need but i guess we will have to see as a new tileset is always nice

4 hours ago, exturkconner said:

So players who never bothered to do Derelict will gain both rewards. But those of us who already did will still need to play through the new nodes to get the new reward?

So players who finished the derelict are being punished while players who didn't bother are being rewarded? That doesn't seem right to me. I think you guys should reconsider. This isn't a game mode that is supposed to be for everyone. Giving those of us who powered through it in the first couple of months exclusive derelict rewards that other players who didn't grind it out the way we did turns it into a cool and exclusive cosmetic. 

Rather than punishing the players who did the content how about rewarding us instead?

Agreed. +1

Unfortunately that's just how this game works. It's always about the people who do it later, not the ones who did it on release. 😞 

6 hours ago, [DE]Momaw said:

Hello Tenno!

I wish you all had time to remaster the Derelict to make it look more like the Infested look of Empyrean's Abandoned Derelicts. That would make it fit more closely with Deimos. Will DE at least be changing the intro cutscene for the Derelicts to reflect Deimos?

As a matter of fact, (This is only an idea, not sure if it was already talked about by staff) what if those who have already completed the SP Derelict missions were to receive a riven of some kind (Or an extra 2 Steel Essence or 2 riven slivers) alongside the Deimos items on the Steel Path?

Considering how if people buy frames before completing a quest, they have gotten a riven rather than the BP for that particular frame. Of course it wouldn't be mandatory that people get an extra something if they already own the Derelict Steel path items, but it could take the place of getting a duplicate of those items. That being said maybe some would like to get a duplicate to donate to their clan dojo for decorating there 🙂

(As far as dojo decorating goes, maybe Teshin would be able to have the items be purchasable with steel essence after unlocking & receiving one of said item, so you can get a secondary complete collection for the dojo)

Just a few ideas that could help for those who've already done the Derelict missions. Steel Essence, rivens & their slivers can be obtained normally as is, but it could give them something possibly still useful if need be. I'm definitely looking forward to the update no matter what.

Archived