Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

PSA: Steel Path, the Derelicts, and you

[DE]Momaw

22 hours ago, Disrevoid said:

Zealoid Prelate

oh Ive competely forgot this was in the game, wonder how many people dont even know it exists despite playing WF for hundreds hrs, DE is hiding the content so well it might as well not exist

On 2020-08-04 at 12:27 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

“Orokin Derelicts”

I forgot to ask this question since the Derelict (Deimos) will have Public Matchmaking for the first time: will mission variants (Void Fissues, Nightmare Missions, Lich Territory, Sorties, Syndicate missions, etc.) also occur at Deimos as well?

On 2020-08-04 at 4:54 PM, (PS4)Oracle-Raven said:

I think that's an unhealthy mindset. Punishing newer players for showing up late is never good design. There are better ways to reward veteran players without catering to elitism.

Wish DE would bring back old events that happened years ago, then. There's at least a dozen operations/events that I'll never have a score on or rewards.

On 2020-08-04 at 10:37 PM, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Should be literally just Derelict tileset missions with corrupted mods on Deimos, with one landscape area. The entirety of Earth doesn't look like PoE.

Derelict tile set textures looks realy old right now besides have you have seen the new derelict tile set on railjack missions ? They are looking amazing , they have the new light and shadow system with way better texture quality. To my opinion even the eris tile set should get a graphical update with Heart of Deimos update

On 2020-08-04 at 9:27 PM, [DE]Momaw said:

removing the “Orokin Derelicts” region from the map. Its map nodes will be instead given to the pulsing, infested Deimos region.

This trend of just deleting classic maps is absolutely terrible. Move them in some cozy corner for veteran fans to enjoy forever.

Not sure why you dislike the 'legacy' content so much, even if you priority is attracting new players.

Classic Corpus maps were fantastic including Gas City. Overdesigned levels replacing them are meh - a matter of taste maybe but there are ZERO good reasons why not leave both in game, just as the Derelicts.

Not only you keep losing touch on what good design is but fail to recognize when something of value is lost  :thinking:

8 hours ago, Orakan said:

Derelict tile set textures looks realy old right now besides have you have seen the new derelict tile set on railjack missions ? They are looking amazing , they have the new light and shadow system with way better texture quality. To my opinion even the eris tile set should get a graphical update with Heart of Deimos update

Yeah in your opinion we could get an Eris graphical update but that hasn’t been announced. More likely the Emissary Derelict tileset, a slightly visually upgraded version of the current one that’s been going unused, will be replacing the current derelicts on Deimos. I doubt the Empyrean Derelict tileset will be replacing the regular derelicts in any way.

On 2020-08-05 at 9:25 AM, Lxndr77 said:

The question is; Why cant the Derelict be connected to Sedna and changed into a regular planet with node progression and a new tile set be made for Deimos? I'm sure there are plenty of ideas from the open world to use.

The Derelicts are literally becoming the Deimos tileset. There’s not enough room on Deimos for anything other than the open world. Deimos is smaller than Phobos, and we don’t even go Phobos’ surface.

1 hour ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Yeah in your opinion we could get an Eris graphical update but that hasn’t been announced. More likely the Emissary Derelict tileset, a slightly visually upgraded version of the current one that’s been going unused, will be replacing the current derelicts on Deimos. I doubt the Empyrean Derelict tileset will be replacing the regular derelicts in any way.

If DE will put that old tile set to the mars' satelite without any visual update that would be a major epic fail to my opinion. Cause they have already got that new derelict tile in the game. But we will see in the upcoming days

21 minutes ago, Orakan said:

If DE will put that old tile set to the mars' satelite without any visual update that would be a major epic fail to my opinion. Cause they have already got that new derelict tile in the game. But we will see in the upcoming days

There’s three Derelict tilesets in the game. The original Derelicts “derelict,” the Emissary derelict “emissary,” and Empyrean derelict “lua derelict.” The Railjack “Lua derelict” tileset is infested versions of tiles on Lua, not infested versions of Orokin Towers. So it’s EXTREMELY unlikely DE will be using that tileset to replace the Derelicts, especially when the Emissary derelict tileset is still in the game and that’s a touched up version of the current derelicts.

5 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Deimos is smaller than Phobos, and we don’t even go Phobos’ surface.

You might want to check that again mate.

A new derelict done with the new orokin designs found on deimos would have been welcome as we cant expect every ship designed by the orokin to look the same.

25 minutes ago, Lxndr77 said:

You might want to check that again mate.

A new derelict done with the new orokin designs found on deimos would have been welcome as we cant expect every ship designed by the orokin to look the same.

Deimos as a planetoid has less volume than Phobos. We don’t even have any missions set on the surface of Phobos, it’s all Corpus ship missions.

Don’t be surprised when Heart of Deimos drops and it’s the same / Emissary Derelict tiles on Diemos and not a new tile set.

23 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

We don’t even have any missions set on the surface of Phobos, it’s all Corpus ship missions.

As i said you might want to check that again. There are 2 missions on the surface of Phobos, memphis and zeugma.

On 2020-08-07 at 8:59 AM, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Don’t be surprised when Heart of Deimos drops and it’s the same / Emissary Derelict tiles on Diemos and not a new tile set.

I wont be which makes the moving of the derelict mission even more pointless.

2 minutes ago, andrew19925 said:

Wait... so there wont be derelict for steel path-ers and non-steel path-ers?

Not in the same way. But as far as I can tell all the vaults and mission nodes will still exist, just on Deimos. The nodes never gave any Mastery as far as that goes. But with the coming update, the "derelict mission keys" won't be a thing anymore, I've heard.

Please no.

Do not transfer the SP Derelict rewards (the emote and statue). That shouldn't be a "freebie" given to people that didn't complete the Derelict on SP, and as others have said, isn't a game-impacting item to have. It's just a trophy, so please let us keep our exclusive trophy as an "I Was There" tchotchke.

15 hours ago, Lxndr77 said:

As i said you might want to check that again. There are 2 missions on the surface of Phobos, memphis and zeugma.

I wont be which makes the moving of the derelict mission even more pointless.

Those are both Infested missions on the Grineer asteroid tileset, aren’t they? Those aren’t surface missions considering they’re literally Grineer space bases.

Moving the Derelicts at least allows random match making, syndicate missions, void fissures, etc. to that place. Also, here’s a source for same missions.

Just now, (XB1)Kavriel said:

RE: Derelict Statues being unlocked by completing Deimos

You know what would be cooler? Converting the Derelict key blueprints into a Derelict Statue blueprint.

Do you mean a statue decoration of the black & blue mission key itself (I was thinking about that recently 🙂 ), or the Derelict ship?

But being able to craft or purchase more than one of a given statue would help too, for those who need more for decorating their dojo, etc.

As long as those who have completed the derelict nodes, or even just Lephantis and the Emissary, get their progress carried over (nodes still marked as completed so I don't have to do them again) and no noticeable difficulty changes are made I don't have an issue with the cosmetic rewards being given to future players.

Same content for same rewards. Exclusive cosmetics for retired content (that has only existed for a few months in terms of the steel path) aren't something I agree with. Exclusive cosmetics for an event or retired content that was in the game for a year or more are understandable though.

The only things I'm actually worried/have questions about:

a) What happens with the vaults/corrupted mods? It has been a really fun mechanic that allowed/encouraged exploration of the map. Few game modes currently encourage that--especially any with an actual good reward. Plus, the Dragon keys are fun to use to drop a warframe's base capabilities and play other game modes as a challenge. I am worried because I hear that the keys are going away.

b) What happens to the feral kavats? Will they be moved to the Plains with the Vasca Kavats? Will they be moved with the Derelict tileset? Or will something else happen with them? Seeing as how they are the only way to get Kavat genetic codes, it would cause a lot of issues getting Kavats and Khora if they were just removed. (Plus, they look super cool.)

On 2020-08-09 at 12:29 AM, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Those are both Infested missions on the Grineer asteroid tileset, aren’t they? Those aren’t surface missions considering they’re literally Grineer space bases.

Moving the Derelicts at least allows random match making, syndicate missions, void fissures, etc. to that place. Also, here’s a source for same missions.

Seriously? You said there no surface missions there are, i dont care what they are and are not, your point was that phobos was too small and deimos was even smaller, well guess what, they put a freaking open world on the smaller planetiod. Your original point is void.

As for the second part you clearly missed what i said, again. I said make a new derelict for the open world and connect the current one to sedna like a regular planet. This also allows for random match making and gives us a brand new derelict which was the point of my post in the first place, why move it at all when you can make a new interesting tileset?

Archived