Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Mobile/web account improvements

The idea of a mobile app is great, and the limited access to the foundry and drones is sort of useful, but outside that it could do an awful lot more.

Most of this functionality should be possible signed in to the website as well as the app, but in either case there are a few features that would make a big difference:

1. Run while also in game. At the moment signing in to the mobile app can desync your save, but it really shouldn't. The app has the potential to be better at lots of things, for instance...

2. Chat. We should be able to access game chat in the mobile app and online. Direct messages should cause push notifications. My phone is a much easier device to respond to chat with than my controller, but also I will often drop out of the game and not wish to drop out of the conversation.

3. Trade. This is a fairly awful experience in game, often including multiple attempts to connect to dojos or Maroo's bazaar. Why can't we open a trade with anyone we've started a direct chat with? Same rules, trade tax, trading slots, exchange mechanic, etc, but online/in-app.

4. Wiki. The external site is well run, but it's an external site. The app is a great place to put this kind of lore and more complete codex.

5. Rich forums. These forums, basically, but all the ability to add linked looks, builds, rivens, captura, etc from the game directly in to posts. I'm signed in to Warframe's forums with my Warframe account, sharing a build on here should be a couple of clicks, and interactive for users (apply this build etc) rather than an image from a link from an uploaded screenshot from the OS/console (on X1 I also have to upload from console to XBL, XBL to mobile app, before these other steps).

6. Clan management. Let us see what's going on with our clan, who's signed in, and archive clan chat if we want.

All these would not just drive engagement with the game, by making communication between players easier it would drive engagement with the entire game.

• 2 weeks later...

I love the idea of the mobile app. Genesis! Digital Extremes. Me and my son play the game religiously. It would probably amplify our time on the game if we could do clan and player trades or purchases. Especially, if it was synced with the site wareframe.market & and our inventory. Keep up the good work. I originally wanted to approach your company with a prototype of said app. But, then I saw that you already had one in google just minus the features. I would love to be able to manage the game while I am away and I doubt I would mind a few ads in the app.

• 3 weeks later...

I would love to see a bit more to do on the app as well.  I dream of a top down game display where you can fight with your frames and level them up, gather resources and maybe even special items.  Or maybe some sort of companion only missions or something.  As it stands I log in once a day to move my drones.  There isn't much I'm crafting at the moment.

Archived