Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Hydroids new passive?

dismoo

Since Hydroid got so much from this tennocon (which was amazing btw), I believe we should send his meme off with one update to him (his passive). I don’t feel that his passive is even a passive, it doesn’t help the frame and doesn’t really ever be used since the one tentacle comes out from a slam attack. An idea a Passive that increases Power Strength by a certain % for every Enemy inside is Undertow. It's literally just Ember's Passive but specialized for him. Right now he feels pretty weak in harder content because of how slow his Puddle takes to scale. This would make it much more tolerable. All credit goes to u/Pso2redditor. His idea was amazing and I just had to share it here in hopes that the DE will make it real.

3 hours ago, TheGodofWiFi said:

Seriously dude, Hydroid's passive absolutely sucks. The tentacles are complete rubbish for both damage and CC even when there is ten of them. His passive is one of the most useless in-game. 

no sorry it isnt. mag has the most useless passive. all they need to do is remove the RNG from hydroids. both heavy blade and hammer have slam attack combos either jump slam or use melee that make it easier. its far from useless even in its current state.

22 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

hydroids passive is fine. take a hammer and use crushing ruin. CR RMB combo ends in a slam attack. only change i would make to it would be to give it a 100% chance to spawn a tentacle and cap how many can be out at a time (new ones made replace the oldest one)

I wont say its the worst, but its not fine. The tentacles dont feel impactful enough, especially when the combo you suggested to proc them often blows enemies away from the explosion point anyway, invalidating the tentacles. 

Personally, I just wish they’d make his 4 aug his passive. He’s a pirate after all, why shouldnt be just find extra loot hidden on dead enemies. Maybe lower the chance to like 50%, but change the bonus to “enemies damage by hydroid within X seconds have a 50% chance to drop extra loot”

3 hours ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

I wont say its the worst, but its not fine. The tentacles dont feel impactful enough, especially when the combo you suggested to proc them often blows enemies away from the explosion point anyway, invalidating the tentacles. 

Personally, I just wish they’d make his 4 aug his passive. He’s a pirate after all, why shouldnt be just find extra loot hidden on dead enemies. Maybe lower the chance to like 50%, but change the bonus to “enemies damage by hydroid within X seconds have a 50% chance to drop extra loot”

It already kinda does. If you go for the loot/pirate route instead of just the "water monster" path by slotting his augment.

Let his passive spawn 1 tentacle every 3rd regular slam, but also spawn tentacles equal to combo counter spent on heavy slams summoned right under enemies to grab/slam em down from lifted status, with up to 25 tentacles (cap shared with 4 and repositioning current free ones if at cap with duration refreshed). Maybe/possibly/hopefully also a trigger to let you manually slam tentacles to make em grab like on reload from empty or on lift with non-slam melee attacks.

15 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

no sorry it isnt. mag has the most useless passive. all they need to do is remove the RNG from hydroids. both heavy blade and hammer have slam attack combos either jump slam or use melee that make it easier. its far from useless even in its current state.

I disagree. Hydroids is the most useless passive in the game due to how his abilities work. The tentacles are useless even in groups as they are slow, small, RNG based and just horribly unreliable to use, so in what situation would spawning one pathetically small and slow tentacle ever be useful, especially in a wide open map. It is most definitely useless in its current state.

Hydroid's passive could be something so much more useful.

22 hours ago, EinheriarJudith said:

no sorry it isnt. mag has the most useless passive. all they need to do is remove the RNG from hydroids. both heavy blade and hammer have slam attack combos either jump slam or use melee that make it easier. its far from useless even in its current state.

I like Mags passive. Id like it to do more. I think it could be better.  But it's not horrid.  That being said.  Id really like Hydroid passive to do the tentacles but if he did a heavy attack there would be 100 percent chance of a tentacle spawning.

strength for every enemy in undertow?

not a bad suggestion but feels more like an effect of the ability than a passive.

Also restricts you as you cant really cast other abilities at long range while in undertow.

i would rather have his 2 be turned into his roll animation as a passive that has the effect of removing status from you and allies.

Eh, for the niche I use Hyrdoid in, I actually appreciate his passive.

I use Undertow to get a whole load of enemies into a single point and use a Heavy Attack build weapon to double-jump out of the puddle, reveal all of my victims, and smash them with the Heavy Slam attack. Any survivors usually have a tentacle stuck through them and I can just Heavy Attack again to finish them off, then rinse-and-repeat.

2 hours ago, (PS4)DidelphisV said:

The main problem with his current passive (aside from it doing next to nothing) is that his toolkit doesn’t encourage melee whatsoever.

Just very technically, 1-2-3 are all solid on design to support melee aoe attacks (knockdown+strip, grouping of enemies with dot, quick reposition to pick up more and push together a group), issue is physics being buggy with the puddle and wave and DE refusing to use proper pull/push/lift mechanics on abilities that say they do so (except bastille and kinda-sorta-stomp) means its not practical to do so.

On 2020-08-05 at 5:26 PM, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

A Pirate is always out in search for booty/treasure. So his 4th augment as his passive would fit very well.

As the water warframe, I really wished his play style was flooding the area around him with water.

Every time he uses a skill, the area around Hydroid starts to fill up with a water. (Shallow shimmering effects -> Dark shimmering effects)
Namely Flood stacks. (Max 10 stacks)
Enemies who come into this radius have reduced movement speed (about -10%)
Flood stacks will slowly be lost if Hydroid doesn't use his abilities for a period of time.

For every Flood stack his 2 & 3 & 4 would get stronger as there is more water for Hydroid to utilize.
2: Will now convert Hydroid to water form. He will not be able to attack, but will able to move faster as well as sweep up enemies while he moves as a wave.
3: Will trap all enemies standing on water into a water prison. If Hydroid converts to his water form(2), they will submerge with him and move together(Old Undertow, but faster movement)
    Extra flood stacks will Drown enemies faster and will reduce energy consumption per enemy trapped.
4: Now an exalted pet, Kraken will follow Hydroid around.(doing basically the same thing as before, but just mobile)
    Extra flood stacks will allow Kraken to spawn bigger tentacles which have stronger damage and more range.

6 hours ago, (PS4)Crow_Massacre said:

A Pirate is always out in search for booty/treasure. So his 4th augment as his passive would fit very well.

He isnt a pirate tho just as Saryn isnt a busty schoolgirl themed frame despite what you can fashion their primes as.

On 2020-08-09 at 10:59 PM, Andele3025 said:

He isnt a pirate tho just as Saryn isnt a busty schoolgirl themed frame despite what you can fashion their primes as.

I mean Obviously. I call him a Pirate because that is his theme. Even DE stated That Davy Jones inspired his theme. So he pretty much is.

Either way; im still gonna call him a Pirate because i can. Its not like calling him Pirate is derogatory to him in any way.

As for Saryn; I just called her a Poison/Toxin theme Warframe.

On 2020-08-09 at 10:59 PM, Andele3025 said:

I also want to apologize if my previous post sounded a bit snarky and passive agressive.

I meant no disrespect or nor was it a way to provoke you in any way. I understand; that all warframes are their own thing.

I do respect your statement in regards to their theme. And i also hope you have a great evening 😄

3 hours ago, (PS4)Crow_Massacre said:

I mean Obviously. I call him a Pirate because that is his theme. Even DE stated That Davy Jones inspired his theme. So he pretty much is.

Davy Jones aint a pirate, his saying is about divine vengeance of the seas upon those that dont respect it, but if that aint enough the base hydroid reveal, prime access text, rework text AND devstreams themselves (channeling the power of the depths, ocean man jokes, etc) all call describe him as water/sea and fears from below it themed frame.

Archived