Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

More Boss Fights

AreaneR.

Hello,

What are your opinions on more boss fights during the missions ?

The Infested faction already has a boss fight known as Juggernaut,it appears on most of infested missions. But what if we had a Grineer and Corpus boss fights too ?

Similar to when the Grineer or Corpus faction sends Zanuka or G3 to hunt you after you assisted opposite faction,so should Infested get a chance in this role.

Furthermore,the Grineer and Corpus factions will have their bosses appear in regular missions,just as Juggernaut appears on infested tiles.

Some new major loot can be implemented this way and make the mission more thrilling. Stalker and Wolf are also good examples.

With Steel Path introduced,i'm sure this will be a good addition to the table.

Thoughts ?

3 minutes ago, AreaneR. said:

Thoughts ?

well, Ambulas can appear on pluto Missions via Dropship, and Fortuna enemeis can deploy special Hyenas and Jackals after you, so the corpus are covered, but the Grineer don't have a field boss, outside of maybe Tusk Thumpers. Manic Bombards would be a good fit if their AI wasn't totally Scrambled and they had better attacks.

if you want a true Assassin, like Stalker, but for the Infested, Phorid would be ideal, if he ever got a damn rework: instead of just appearing on nodes and getting rinsed, he could be sent by the Hive to track down Tenno who do "too many" Infested Invasion missions. 

Yes but not the way you describe, some players (including myself) have farming methods that require stealth for either leveling weapons or focus, and usually that kind of enemies just bust in and start making chaos triggering the enemies for the alarm or just wasting your time, which ruins the whole process, this time around cephalite spawns are really annoying sometimes.

I'd prefer bosses on an instanced epic environment and would be better if they'd reward with a decent amount of "endgame" resource, in a certain way the Eidolons fit in my ideal, but they are really boring (the rewards are fitting tho'). Profit-taker on the other feels more fun but the credits reward and the toroid just feels a little "meh".

Each Faction has a mini boss that comes in during  Clem missions. 

What would be butter is if doing Phorid missions gives a chance of a Phorid X Faction manifestation as well. You do a Corpus tile, you get Phorid with the Lephantis Corpus head growing out of his corspe that you have to fight as it chases you.

Still looking forward to the day the Jackel, Ambulas, Raptors, and Hyena Pack all link together...Voltron style

17 minutes ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

well, Ambulas can appear on pluto Missions via Dropship, and Fortuna enemeis can deploy special Hyenas and Jackals after you, so the corpus are covered, but the Grineer don't have a field boss, outside of maybe Tusk Thumpers. Manic Bombards would be a good fit if their AI wasn't totally Scrambled and they had better attacks.

if you want a true Assassin, like Stalker, but for the Infested, Phorid would be ideal, if he ever got a damn rework: instead of just appearing on nodes and getting rinsed, he could be sent by the Hive to track down Tenno who do "too many" Infested Invasion missions. 

I approve the second part with Phorid.

As of Fortuna, i'm more focused on regular missions such as exterminate where you can simply just run and hack.

1 hour ago, (PS4)robotwars7 said:

You want a field bass watch what happens when a napalm or manic/ manic bombard Gets too high in level

Archived