Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Where does a Corpus get their education?

-Vahagn-

The Corpus specialize in a very impressive array of technologies. Though this makes me wonder, where do they get their education? It is not just the scientists I am referring too. Even a basic crewman knows how to handle advanced robotics and weapons. Even so I am still curious on where their top scientists learn from.

Are there Corpus collages and schools? Or are they taught on the job?

I understand if this might sound silly, but I am pretty bad with Corpus lore.

3 hours ago, TARINunit9 said:

Indoctrination camps, according to the lore fragment "Corpus Crew" (Venus)

2 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

Their helmet has an augmented reality heads up display that gives constant instructions on what to do and how to perform tasks.

So the Corpus brainwash their victims and just tell them what to do? That is actually pretty messed up. So this is why Nora called the Corpus dude a machine. 

I would like to visit one of these indoctrination camps in game as a mission to shut them down.

3 hours ago, Lutesque said:

Maybe... or maybe they just moved there for School... and moved back home when they got their degree in Corporate Greed from Professer MoneyBags...

Ok this actually made my day. 😆

You will need to be very specific when you mention education,

Knowledge is a resource and i doubt Corpus would let such a valuable resource be acquired for free,

How to shoot a gun will probably be taught in military camps to those deemed worthy to hold a weapon,

How to repair stuff and other practical skills would be taught to apprentices / slaves that can assist and have the necessary talent,

The actual letters to read and write would probably not be taught to all cause that would allow them to acquire other skills and possibly break free of their bondages,

Only noble and loyal corpus would be taught the letters (and a few rebels that manage to learn it by themselves),

That is how  you control the peasants and slaves, its aristocracy 101.

6 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

but I am pretty bad with Corpus lore.

Don’t worry, that happens a lot around here. The forums are full of head cannon. And DE loves their retcon. The only real lore we have about the corpus are from bits of info. Namely the Simaris scans, Venari’s story, Vallyr Prime Trailer, Protea’s quest and a few past events no longer active. 

They will have lots of different schools for the descentents of higher ups that offer business degrees that you pay for with a loan at usurious rates.

I can imagine the poorer soldiers and techs also have loans, but they can cost an arm and a leg to repay.

2 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

I would like to visit one of these indoctrination camps in game as a mission to shut them down.

Ok this actually made my day. 😆

Says the genocidal maniac who murders thousands upon thousands of crewmen just to get the new shiny.

Who are we to judge them or their culture?

12 hours ago, (XB1)Skippy575 said:

They probably have some sort of education if they're brainwashed into the "money is power" ideology.

Correct. The old planetary descriptions mentioned Indoctrination Temples in Neptune's sector.

10 hours ago, SweetAnubis said:

Frome GCUU of course (Greed Corp Universal University)

"Profit Association for Yearning Magister of Economics" for those looking to deepen their careers beyond university levels.

AKA "PAYME".

10 hours ago, WH1735S0W said:

So the Corpus brainwash their victims and just tell them what to do? That is actually pretty messed up.

It is messed up, but they're not kidnapped slaves. Those go to Fortuna. Crewmen are... Well, imagine you're a normal indoctrinated Crewman, and you decide to visit the breeding facility on your regulation one day off a month. You meet a nice breeding worker, you decide to hit things off, get her serial number when you come back next month, share a glass of synth juice. Maybe on your third meeting you agree to pay her breeding fee, have a little organic fun. You have to move to Jupiter after that, but you send a couple texts back and forth to keep in touch.

Nine months later you get a tax stipend congratulating you for the good genes in your gamete sample. A little present to celebrate you being a good father

Archived