Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Matrix Elevators

Llyssa

Was (finally) watching last week's livestream, and I started wondering: Why can't we matrix the elevators?

It's been done in a few movies and such, but the basic concept is the same--you grab the elevator pull, break it, and let the counter-weight catapult you to the top.

I realize that we don't have cables on elevators in-game right now, but if we did, it would be entirely plausible to use them to catch up to the group that left you behind, or to get to that next survival enemy swiftly.

It's also like, a million times more badass and ninja-like than merely riding up(which should still be an option, of course).

It would make sense/be desirable if all of the elevators had a parkour option or zipline option, on top of just standard usage.

I'm totally okay with people just taking the elevator normally, but I'd like the option to speed up the process when we need to, or to circumvent it when it's less than ideal(like when you've been left behind or you MUST reach a capsule NOW). Just hack the console, get in, and go the hard(but fast) way to the other end.

It would be, at the least, a nice touch, and at the most, life saving.

1 question, how will you use it back again?>

I mean, You broke the elevator to make it go Down very fast... you can get down with no problem but getting back up will require sometimes insane amounts of wallruning... 

Edited by PiotrGracz

If you look closely, the elevators work with rails. There are no counterweights to cut.

My point is: We should be able to use an elevator shaft without having the elevator. Climbing the rails or bouncing up the walls or... anything, besides standing still and waiting.

My point is: We should be able to use an elevator shaft without having the elevator. Climbing the rails or bouncing up the walls or... anything, besides standing still and waiting.

Since you didnt answered my first question, ill approach from different side...

How is 4 guys...

wallruning all the way up to the longest shaft you have there...

...faster than elevator?

and imagine one of these 4 have wallruning problems,

like most of new players...

and hes nearly there at the top..

nope. it was lag.

he fell down

Really faster and better?

• 2 weeks later...

Since you didnt answered my first question, ill approach from different side...

How is 4 guys...

wallruning all the way up to the longest shaft you have there...

...faster than elevator?

and imagine one of these 4 have wallruning problems,

like most of new players...

and hes nearly there at the top..

nope. it was lag.

he fell down

Really faster and better?

Have you ever seen how slow the elevators are?

Also, I didn't say ONLY. I hate it when people pretend that. I NEVER said "ONLY". I said OPTION. As in "you can still ride the elevator if you're laggy or unskilled or whatever your problem is, but it's going to be the same old(much slower) speed".

OPTION. As in "you can still ride the elevator if you're laggy or unskilled or whatever your problem is, but it's going to be the same old(much slower) speed".

how cutting counterweight/breaking rail that supports give you option to use it back again>? 

(i already asked twice)

No. we don't need more ways to troll.

Edited by PiotrGracz

how cutting counterweight/breaking rail that supports give you option to use it back again>? 

(i already asked twice)

No. we don't need more ways to troll.

Nobody said "more ways to troll". Besides, you're already quite skilled at trolling. As everyone has pointed out, repeatedly on this thread, we don't actually use counterweights.

Nobody said "more ways to troll". Besides, you're already quite skilled at trolling. As everyone has pointed out, repeatedly on this thread, we don't actually use counterweights.

that's why i asked about the rails too.

Still, how are you going to reuse in a normal way, the elevator you break.?>

by not answering that question for the 4th time, yore not going to make point you know?