Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Railjack/Avionics Setup

Almagnus1

Question

So I've been out for a while, and I'm coming back and the avionics are now all different, unslotted, and de-ranked.  In any case, how good is this avionic setup:

Integrated

• Bulkhead
  • Hull Weave
  • Hyperflux
  • Hyperstrike
  • Polar Coil
  • Predator
  • Section Density
  • Forward Artillery
  • Warhead

Tactical

• Battle Forge
  • Intruder Stasis
  • Fire Suppression

Battle Avionics

• Not a clue here, open to suggestions

Also, while I'm fitting Zetki Apocs in the forward slot, and I'm up for recommendations on the rest of the gear for the ship aside from the Vidar Reactor.

9 answers to this question

Bulkhead
Hull Weave
Hyperflux
Hyperstrike
Turret Velocity
Ion Burn
Conic Nozzle
Artillery Cheap Shot
Warhead

Battle Forge

Munitions Vortex
Tether
Seeker Volley

Zekti Photor on front
Zekti Apoc on sides

Vidar reactor, shield array, engines

This is my current setup, can speedrun Gian Point in under two minutes and also solo the highest level Veil mission

The thing most people do now is use tether to clean the trash and then the cannon (preferably with cheap shot) to explode the crewships.

For that to work, besides, obviously the tether itself you really want cheap shot, hyperflux, battle forge (this playstyle is very dependent on flux&dome always being there) and basic survivability; hull weave and bulkhead, maxima depending on whether you can fit it and whether you have any specials activated by shields being down. The rest is really whatever you can fit and find useful, cloak, intruder stasis, etc.

If you don't have/don't want to use tether, particle ram also works, though mostly at lower levels... Void hole is OK, but even more draining on flux than tether, didn't see many people use anything else lately.

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Integrated

• Bulkhead
  • Hull Weave
  • Hyperflux  Conic Nozzle
  • Hyperstrike
  • Polar Coil
  • Predator -  Pred + Section Density are only good on Apocs.  If you arent using them dont bother with these.
  • Section Density -  ^^^
  • Forward Artillery - Early on you dont need,  in the middle nodes its a nice insurance policy to make every shot a kill,  in the last handful of nodes of veil it wont let you one hit kill so dont need it.  In general, if you are not running the hardest nodes in veil then use it.
  • Warhead - This is only needed if you use void hole, since void hole doesnt kill anything, thats what yours missiles are for since they are all grouped up.  So upper the damage of missiles in  that situation is good.  If your not using void hole the only thing your shooting missiles at are ramsleds, outriders, and crewship shields.  Until you get into the hard nodes of Veil normal missiles will drop shields in one hit.  Hard veil.. not sure a warhead buffed missile is enough to one hit them...    Instead of Warhead use  Ion Burn for more speed,  Artillery cheap shot for occasional free artillery strike.

Tactical

• Battle Forge If you are using the forge that often you have other problems
  • Intruder Stasis - Sure this could be useful... I bet boarding parties still set off a fire before you can freeze them sometimes,  if so then its worthless. 
  • Fire Suppression Theres only one fire, they hurt,  most people will be engineer 10 by now... even if your not just get your butt out of your chair and fix it.
  • Death Blossom = no heat for 30 seconds..
  • Battle Stations = +75% turret damage for 30 seconds  

I hate activating tactical Avi... DB+BS are rarely used by me so I'd rather dump them and downgrade my reactor for more flux(not that you need it)

Battle Avionics

• Tether - Shoot it into rocks or disabled crewships.   (if you get behind crewships and shoot their exaust ports they cant move or shoot, forever.  They can launch ramsleds =/)

With the integrated and just tether you can run a Zekti reactor and have tons of flux.  Lavan is a nice middle ground.  Vidar to me is overkill for a bunch of avionics that arent even going to be used or be helpful...  

----------------

If you go void hole then pair it with Warhead and Breachloader(+ more missiles) and maybe even ordinance cheap shot.

If you are doing the really hard nodes of veil...I would just focus on your missiles and tether.  2 tethers is still cheaper than 1 void hole.  (if the 1 void hole can even kill anything lol).  Spam tether for fighters,  spam missiles to drop crewship shields.  BOARD the crewships.  Not worth wasting artillery on them.  

How many people you have in squad affects the hp/armor of enemies.  So where in the Veil hard nodes start will constantly change depending on your group size.  I go solo so its like the upper left and center that I cant one hit stuff.   

4 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

If you are using the forge that often you have other problems

Max speed Gian farm can benefit from it. You need to forge at least 3-6 domes and ~400 flux per run (depending on how trigger-happy the pilot and gunner are and how cooperative the RNG is) Occasional revolite and munitions too, all under 3 minutes, and periodically you do run out of free forges slowing the things down.

Doing the tough nodes/anomaly farming... Yea, less need there, but it's still a nice insurance/security blanket.

7 hours ago, nebfab said:

Max speed Gian farm can benefit from it. You need to forge at least 3-6 domes and ~400 flux per run (depending on how trigger-happy the pilot and gunner are and how cooperative the RNG is) Occasional revolite and munitions too, all under 3 minutes, and periodically you do run out of free forges slowing the things down.

Doing the tough nodes/anomaly farming... Yea, less need there, but it's still a nice insurance/security blanket.

no.

You start with 5 dome shots, 450+ flux.   You make 2 dome shots per forge station and 150 flux per station...  Sounds like an over eager engineer who is constantly spamming forges when its not actually needed.  Only needing 1 dome shot,  being a little less than max on flux...   

I solo veil and It doesnt matter what node im at I can take out all the fighters without needing more flux.  Dome charges you only have to take out 6 crewships at most.... you start with 5 shots...should easily be abel to make 4 more just from one forge sessions.  Thats 9 shots... for 6 ships and you need more ?   In the hardest veil nodes just screw the artillery and board the ships...  

1 hour ago, Almagnus1 said:

Is there any consensus on what make the best sideguns?

If the pilot is running tether, you dont even want people to use side turrets.  They shoot the tether before it can deploy.  The pilot can take out fighters extremely fast with tether, let him do his thing.  

My current meta is me in pilot killing all the fighters and disabling/getting behind crewships.  A guy on artillery taking out crewships as soon as I get behind them ( I like to disable first but if you wanna shoot moving targets ok..).  When your being effecient the gunner doesnt really have time to go forge ammo, so a third guy there will help tons (this is also why you run artillery cheap shot, so you dont have to forge dome charges as often).  NOBODY on my turrets.   Im thinking of making them cryo just so there is gaps a tether could get through lol.  Mk1 cryo with slowest RoF possible...  

Stupid noobs who wanna fake being useful just sit on the side turrets and shoot crewships non-stop and fire missiles at them. =/

(I hope/wish DE makes tether invulnerable for .5-2 seconds so it can deploy before you can actually damage it.  Its extremely stupid to have people NOT use your RJ guns)

Intrinsics:

1. Bulkhead and Hull Weave are no-brainers
  2. Artillery Cheap Shot is important - crew ships are meant to be exploded with Artillery, and you need more than 5 Dome charges - this is the answer.
  3. For shields, Anode Cell is more important than Maxima, I use both with Zetki shields and my shields are great
  4. Hyperflux is very useful in giving you more fuel for your Battle avionics
  5. Other Intrinsic Avionics are really build/preference  - options I like are Maxima, Conic Nozzle, Forward Artillery, Hyperstrike, and Polar Coil
  6. You really don't need to buff your turrets, but so long as you consider #1-4 first, do what you like

Tactical:

1. I like the convenience of having Battle Forge, not really needed, but sometimes I use it
  2. I like the fun and damage avoidance of Void Cloak, especially when flyng solo
  3. Some people use no Tactical avionics - whatever

Battle Avionics

1. Tether is great (best in my opinion) - you will probably need to buy it rather than getting it as a drop... Use it as your only Battle Avionics.
  2. Apart from Tether, I would go with Particle Ram + Seeker Volley - really good combo, but use a Rank 0 Particle Ram and never launch it, just have it up all the time.
  3. Some people use Void Hole - YMMV, but I don't like it. It is always used in combo with other Battle Avionics - maybe with Munitions Vortex 

G'Luck! :redveil:

EDIT:  I enjoy the following equipment:

Reactor: Lavan III (Balanced Avionics and Flux)
Engines: Vidar III (Max Base Speed)
Shields: Zetki III (Max Recharge Speed)

Nose: Zetki Photor III (+60% Heat)
Wings: Zetki APOC III or Zetki Carcinnox III (Both are +60% RoF)

2 hours ago, (PS4)AbBaNdOn_ said:

You start with 5 dome shots, 450+ flux.   You make 2 dome shots per forge station and 150 flux per station...  Sounds like an over eager engineer who is constantly spamming forges when its not actually needed.  Only needing 1 dome shot,  being a little less than max on flux...   

No, I'm not talking about wasting the forge by using it to make just 1 dome, etc, and yes, it's not a big deal in a short run. But I do feel that without the BF you run out of forges eventually, around the 6th-8th repeat...

And, OK, I like battle forge and it's not really like it's difficult to fit, even with a 80 capacity reactor.

Archived