Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Now that the Helminth room will open up a million new build options, it is time to ask for a very easy loadout tweak again

BillyMancer

Hi tenno,

I have a pretty minor suggestion that will add some quality of life to our loadout screen. I posted this at the end of last year on reddit, but now with Helminth and the skill swap system introducing an unspeakable amount of new potential builds, it is more relevant than ever, and SHOULD be pretty easy to implement.

Currenty, when selecting a "loadout image" for one of the loadout slots, you are limited to the default image of the warframe, and also all the glyphs you own, like this:

r/Warframe - Let us use tennogen/deluxe skin thumbnails for our loadout slot pictures.

However, this "default" image is only the regular skin of the frame (prime or non-prime, depending what the frame is). Meanwhile, perfectly good thumbnail images already exist for all other warframe skins, like this:

r/Warframe - Let us use tennogen/deluxe skin thumbnails for our loadout slot pictures.

Sadly, none of these are selectable options as a loadout thumbnail. My suggestion is to make make the thumbnail of any skin you own of a warframe available to that frame in the loadout image selection interface. This way, if you are like me and you like to tie different builds to different cosmetic options, you now have that option.

A horrible photoshop as example:

Alternatively, the default could simply be whatever skin you have equipped (which is any what the game already does in the arsenal screen) on the frame in that build:

I know it is minor and many people don't even fully use the loadout system, but in my view this should be some pretty low hanging fruit and a great bonus for those of us who do.

Thanks!

I agree with this. I too use the loadout system to customize my various setups. 

Clearly the thumbnails exist for the deluxe and tennogen skins to exist in this, since they already appear in the arsenal when choosing frames. I'm not sure why they weren't added to the loadouts in general. 

Another thing to point out: Many of the deluxe and tennogen skins change the thumbnail in the arsenal after you have equipped them as config A in your chosen frame. But, this happens much more often with prime warframes. Non-prime warframes often have their non-prime thumbnail even with  a deluxe or tennogen skin equipped. It's a problem in the UI that has existed for a long time. I have brought it up several times in bug posts, and have given up on the non-prime thumbnails ever getting updated 😞

Archived