Let us shoot while riding K Drives

I notice on the Heart of Deimos footage you ride a dragonfly looking creature that pretty much behaves like a k-drive.

And so, given that parallel transplant that into K drives. And let K drives level while you kill using the k drives and shooting on it in a similar way to arch guns.

But hey, first and foremost of it all. Fix the falling through the world bug involving K drives in Cetus.

4 minutes ago, Berzerkules said:

Isn't falling through the map the only way to get the K-Driven challenge? 

No, I've done it by circling in Orb Vallis.

45 minutes ago, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

I notice on the Heart of Deimos footage you ride a dragonfly looking creature that pretty much behaves like a k-drive.

And so, given that parallel transplant that into K drives. And let K drives level while you kill using the k drives and shooting on it in a similar way to arch guns.

But hey, first and foremost of it all. Fix the falling through the world bug involving K drives in Cetus.

Yes, they should definitely fix it, but if you find yourself falling through the map, just dismount and it should reset you to ground level.

At the very least K-Drives should still apply Enemy and Loot detection mods like Arch-Wing does. I was so excited thinking I could farm Cetus Wisps on it.....until it turned out that wasn't the case.

(By the way, old information, haven't properly K-drived for about 6 months. Let me know if I'm wrong and they changed this.)

• Like 1

Another gimmick that will be forgotten soon i fear, instead of working on existing things and evolve and expand on we get new thigns shoved in once again, if people get hyepd for such stuff by now, i am not suprised how the gamign industrie is today, back then i had high hopes for DE and welcomed such new things, but seeign how they forgot about it totally afterwards and never tocuh it agian, i stopped hoping.

Pretty sure K-Drive combat was already confirmed to come with the update, at least there are news articles going mentioning it.

Wishful dreams; fishing from k-drives, operator controlled K-drives, K-drives in normal mission nodes.

• Like 4
3 hours ago, Disjointed_Sky said:

Pretty sure K-Drive combat was already confirmed to come with the update, at least there are news articles going mentioning it.

Wishful dreams; fishing from k-drives, operator controlled K-drives, K-drives in normal mission nodes.

Oh dear god Operator K driving sounds amazing. They move so slow so if they can grab a K drive while pew pewing amps. Imagine the sick air you can achieve with void dashing. Hell could even sync trick points to energy gain.

Imagine grinding on a eidolon dealing void damage to it (ok its a bit silly)

• Like 3
4 hours ago, Marine027 said:

Another gimmick that will be forgotten soon i fear, instead of working on existing things and evolve and expand on we get new thigns shoved in once again, if people get hyepd for such stuff by now, i am not suprised how the gamign industrie is today, back then i had high hopes for DE and welcomed such new things, but seeign how they forgot about it totally afterwards and never tocuh it agian, i stopped hoping.

Such management energy lol.

6 minutes ago, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

Oh dear god Operator K driving sounds amazing. They move so slow so if they can grab a K drive while pew pewing amps. Imagine the sick air you can achieve with void dashing. Hell could even sync trick points to energy gain.

Imagine grinding on a eidolon dealing void damage to it (ok its a bit silly)

They move so slow? Someone doesn't have the Naramon Waybounds...

Operator is literally my go-to way to get anywhere fast. And that's on Switch where it often takes like 3 seconds to switch into and out of operator mode.

• Like 1

As soon as I saw reb shoot from that dragonfly I've been wishing this. I really do love k-drives, but they are impractical to the point of uselessness. If i could do drive-by murder, even if only with a secondary, I would immediately start using my k-drive for some bounties. It would also breathe new life into the k-drive mods and might make a few of the more combat-oriented ones viable.

DE please do this! pretty please?!

If the want to not waste k-drives and have this whole shooting whilst riding become more then just a little - 'see we did something for k-drives, yeah they are cool now go use them for an hour before you get bored again, go on' - they gotta make them:

a. not broken 
b. enjoyable
c. relevent in some way that links to the rest of the game

a. not broken - this is self explanitory, how grinding will preserve the combo most of the time, and just driving after landing a trick can cause it to fail is soo dumb.

b. They should learn from so many other games and have combos persist after landing, but that would make them too easy to level, so maybe cap the combo? I mean you can do tricks whilst driving on the ground (like this little helicopter spin thing) but WHATS THE POINT IF I CANT COMBO IT?? Remove the EXP cap on tricks, then limit the multiplier and now longer tricks can actually feel rewarding and failing will be a bummer. We can now level or boards whilst traveling around open worlds, without having to rely on bugs (jumping again the moment you touch the ground or dismount, let the k-drive hit the ground then remount without touching the ground) to keep the combo alive.

c. If they want to be more then an MR grind then better skatebo- i mean k-drive parks that actually work well with the k-drive mechanics  (like u'know that big golden spaghetti mess where you can't even grind properly on all the rails) would help.

Maybe even ventkid missions where the operator needs to k-drive to race or inflitrate a base or something idk sounds cool though (assuming the k-drive doesnt just break and throw you off of course) and have these missions give rewards that affect the mian gameplay, not just cordoned off into its own little safe space like railjack is.

Even an open world that has k-drives as the primary means of transport like some kind of ventkids skatepark where enemies don't just spawn, then proceed to grapple kick us into oblivion.

unfortunatley k-drives are, currently, just some cute little minigame thrown in that is forgetten about and doesnt affect normal progression apart from the MR from the boards and they won't gain much attention as only a very niche group of players cares about them outside of MR.

Edited by Shronkle
  • Like 1

I'm fairly confident the reveal of being able to shoot the gun while on the... bug thing was meant to reveal being able to use your gun while K-Driving since it was preceded by "we've added a much requested feature". I don't think the requested feature was to be able to skate board while firing a gun on an insect, although I don't pay as much attention to the feedback forum as I used too. 

Edited by Acos
  • Like 3
On 2020-08-05 at 7:38 AM, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

Maybe it will be added with Deimos since velocipods are functionally the same

On 2020-08-05 at 6:38 AM, (NSW)Yaibajin said:

They are..... next hotfix for PC gives them the mechanics for it....

14 minutes ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Why use the hoverboard at all when your archwing is vastly superior for getting around?  Illogical.

K drives are way more fun than archwing. and having the ability to actually kill things while using them is reason enough to dust them off for me.

Sure i might not go across the entire map with them if I have to but now I dont have to get off of them once i get to my destination.

2 hours ago, (PS4)Kakurine2 said:

Why use the hoverboard at all when your archwing is vastly superior for getting around?  Illogical.

Fun. If I'm solo, I use the k-drive