Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What happened to damage after the launch of Railjack?

Decinomic0n

Question

I just returned to the game a few days ago (Have not played since the launch of railjack), and all the weapons I had that could 1 or 2 shot lvl 80-100, now struggle to even kill trash mobs of that level. I don't have any rivens, never needed them for the content I played. My opticore for example struggles to kill lvl 80 trash mobs when before what ever update changed damage it was my go to sortie weapon.

15 answers to this question

8 minutes ago, Decinomic0n said:

all the weapons I had that could 1 or 2 shot lvl 80-100, now struggle to even kill trash mobs of that level

Weird, enemies kinda got a bit squishier, actually (lowered Armor scaling).

Do you maybe have an Extinguished Dragon Key equipped?

3 minutes ago, NinjaZeku said:

Weird, enemies kinda got a bit squishier, actually (lowered Armor scaling).

Do you maybe have an Extinguished Dragon Key equipped?

I do not, just made sure.

11 minutes ago, Aadi880 said:

Look up the status rework.

I did, cool status effects changed, still doesnt explain why my crit finger suddenly struggles.

4 minutes ago, Srovy said:

You probably have it built for something that doesn’t work well anymore eg. Gas

I never used gas except on sentinel weapons 

Possible reasons off the top of my head:

1. Enemies now have shield-gating of sorts.  So if they have any amount of shields up and you do more damage than their shields can soak, only a small portion of the remaining damage will overflow into their health.
  2. This doesn't relate to your Opticor example, but if you have a weapon like the Tigris Prime, shotgun status has been changed so that it will no longer guarantee all the procs.  So what used to be a go-to one-shot weapon for many is a mere shadow of the beast it once was.  Some shotguns improved with this change, but many suffered a bit.

But yeah, enemies overall did become squishier, so it's hard to think of why you might be having more trouble killing effectively.  Nothing obvious.  The more specific you can be with your examples, the more likely we'll be able to discover in on the reason for what's going on, because what ever it is it's likely to be nuanced.

And yeah, Viral is pretty much the meta right now (with some Corpus exceptions).

Oh, also, one other thought: level 100 enemies where?  Because depending on the level you entered into, there are often modifiers.  Which is to say, not all level 100 Bombards are the same.  For example, in Steel Path levels, there is a Steel Path modifier.  I know that certain maps (like the Void) also have hidden modifiers to enemy stats.  Again, not sure, just tossing spaghetti at the wall.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)Unstar said:

Oh, also, one other thought: level 100 enemies where?  Because depending on the level you entered into, there are often modifiers.  Which is to say, not all level 100 Bombards are the same.  For example, in Steel Path levels, there is a Steel Path modifier.  I know that certain maps (like the Void) also have hidden modifiers to enemy stats.  Again, not sure, just tossing spaghetti at the wall.

Lvl 80-90 enemies on kuva litch missions.

Sounds weird. Nothing changed beyond an enemy armor scaling rebalance. The same build should have minor variances. Unless the way things ended up being is that the armor reduction and health increase made it so builds that relied on armor removal were less effective, but even then that just seems odd. Change up your aura or use a dragon key recently?

4 hours ago, Grey_Star_Rival_Defender said:

Sounds weird. Nothing changed beyond an enemy armor scaling rebalance. The same build should have minor variances. Unless the way things ended up being is that the armor reduction and health increase made it so builds that relied on armor removal were less effective, but even then that just seems odd. Change up your aura or use a dragon key recently?

Well, forma aint exactly plentiful, cant afford to change aura polarity. And no all ive done since I came back to the game I farmed protea, and killed the litch I left behind. I don't think I even own a dragon key, always ran the minus health one.

Oh, I just thought of one more thing that could possibly be affecting your Opticor.  AoE's were changed so that the amount of damage they deal falls off with distance from the center of the AoE.  So it's possible that enemies may be getting hit by the AoE, but far enough from the center that the damage is much less than normal.

10 hours ago, Decinomic0n said:

I just returned to the game a few days ago (Have not played since the launch of railjack), and all the weapons I had that could 1 or 2 shot lvl 80-100, now struggle to even kill trash mobs of that level. I don't have any rivens, never needed them for the content I played. My opticore for example struggles to kill lvl 80 trash mobs when before what ever update changed damage it was my go to sortie weapon.

they put in shield gating for both player an enemies, so now your weapons have to work a lil harder

Archived