Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What say you about an Augment Slot?

Sebastianx

Basically title. We get a new Augment-only slot on every Warframe.

This slot costs no modding capacity either (as we're already capping modding even with 8 formas)

This will allow us more freedom when creating a build, finally diversifying ourselves from the same meta build everyone runs by putting our own unique touch on it.

Augments put anywhere other than the augment slot will still cost modding capacity, so basically you'll have 1 free augment of your choosing.

No. Gaining something at zero cost is just blatant powercreep which we really don't need more of. If anything it would be better for augments to be buffed if they aren't "worth" slotting/too niche or if they just barely don't count for an exilus augment for them to be reworked into being purely utility as to qualify for said slot.

14 minutes ago, trst said:

No. Gaining something at zero cost is just blatant powercreep which we really don't need more of. If anything it would be better for augments to be buffed if they aren't "worth" slotting/too niche or if they just barely don't count for an exilus augment for them to be reworked into being purely utility as to qualify for said slot.

It's not that they're weak, but they take up a mod slot that increases the Warframe's power over-all for just a tweak to a skill, I'd need an augment that's stupid powerful to consider putting it on any Warframe

41 minutes ago, Wyrmius_Prime said:

Augments would have to be divided into 2 categories: dogS#&$e and the actually decent ones. Only the dogS#&$e augments should be allowed to put into their own slot. Some augments are powerful enough to not need a slot of their own.

That defeats the purpose of "customizing". Maybe nerf the powerful ones a bit, buff the weak ones, and give us an Augment slot?

I was just discussing this at length last night actually. I agree with the above that zero cost for the slot is too much powercreep, so i suggested a later game, such as the new war or tau drop of an 'augment mod adapter', kinda like an exilus adaptor. It would give the warframe 5 capacity (so as not to tie mastery behind adding extra levels to all frames) and if you had a reactor installed this would give you 10 capacity. Now augments cost 9 capacity, so effectively you'd be adding 1 capacity to every frame which would help with umbral builds a little.

Now if you were to forma this new slot, you'd be getting 5 capacity extra to your build, which might take the strain further off umbral forma builds. Yes this is a little powercreep, but with the helminth system adding abilities to other frames that may require the augment, it's putting the frame at bursting point. I think no matter what in some format an augment slot is a good idea. But too much power creep, no.

Edit: Maybe give 3 capacity, so that with reactor it gives +6, then you must forma the slot to gain +1, and therefore less power creep.

3 minutes ago, (PS4)CommanderC2121 said:

Besides the obvious power creep, the monkey’s paw would be in full force here. “Oh, you get an augment slot? Well, no you can only use one augment at a time per build.”

This does not sit right with me as my current Ivara Load Out is using Two Augments...

I would remove all augaments from warframes as they are - a mod card.

Instead I would revisit the original warframe system from beta times - skill trees (but they had everything, stats, mod slots etc.).

Currently the system of ranking up frame for higher ability levels or unlocking the abilities is simply poor and gimping the expriance. Most abilities are useless till they reach their max rank - they have to low dmg, to high costs, to small aoe, to low duration etc. I would suggest to give them 50% of power from the rank1 and make them all avaliable from rank 1 frame.

Each 2 ranks you would get a skill point to spend to augament your abilities in the tree, up to 15 skill points to spend on rank 30. You would have 4 skill points to spend on 1-3 ability and 3 on ultimate. Each ability would have 3 choices per skill point, giving you the choice of how you wanna spec given ability. You could go for higher dmg, higher duration, higher utility, special effects, even above the current stats for the given aspect at the cost of other stats.

Warframe as a game really lacks the customization process - we have few mods that globaly change all abilities to chose from. Literally just a handfull of them.

6 minutes ago, herflik said:

Warframe as a game really lacks the customization process - we have few mods that globaly change all abilities to chose from. Literally just a handfull of them

I don't think your Suggestion changes any of that. Unless if I understood it wrong you're just swapping out Mandatory Mods with Mandatory Skill Points. There's no additional customizing of any kind 

6 hours ago, Sebastianx said:

Basically title. We get a new Augment-only slot on every Warframe.

This slot costs no modding capacity either (as we're already capping modding even with 8 formas)

This will allow us more freedom when creating a build, finally diversifying ourselves from the same meta build everyone runs by putting our own unique touch on it.

Augments put anywhere other than the augment slot will still cost modding capacity, so basically you'll have 1 free augment of your choosing.

I just think they need to make all augments exilus.

Opens up a whole range of new builds.

45 minutes ago, Lutesque said:

I don't think your Suggestion changes any of that. Unless if I understood it wrong you're just swapping out Mandatory Mods with Mandatory Skill Points. There's no additional customizing of any kind 

If they make it well, it will be really good customization system, in example lets take Volt Speed into consideration:

1st point choice - Buff last two times longer (multiplicative) OR 50% more powerfull (multiplicative) OR Always apply to the whole team (infinite range for allies)

2nd point choice - Energy cost is reduced by 50% (multiplicative) OR "Speed" portion no longer affect attack speed of melee, but fire rate of guns OR "Reload speed" portion instead affect Heavy attack wind up speed

3rd point choice - Buff is 50% more effective on allies, but 50% less on you (multiplicative) OR Combo counter accumulate two times faster OR Also grants 50% resistance to electric damage (scale with ability str, max 90%), resisted portion of damage is reflected back at enemies

4th choice - Buff effect is reduced by 50%, but it becomes a passive ability and still affect allies in range OR Damages everything around user with electric proc OR For the first 33% of ability duration, power of the buff is doubled. This effect have cooldown of 100% ability duration.

6 hours ago, DrivaMain said:

Just make augments slotable  in the ability screen instead of the mod screen. They are mostly band aid mods anyway. I am still salty on this..

latest?cb=20200415192248

WHY CAN'T YOU JUST MAKE THIS THING INNATE DE?!?!?!??!?!

Same would be great for the larva augment. They could just remove the damage and leave that for the augment, would make it a better ability when you can end it and reuse it when you want/need to.

Archived