Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imagine calling someone bad in Warframe

IRyuubiI

Played eso with Volt. I have enough range and duration on my build but 90 percent strength. Its enough for the first zones. (im only going for the first zones at the moment for mastery). There was another Volt in my Squad who told me then that im bad at the game because im not doing high damage. Told him that i dont need that much but he continues saying "youre bad at the game". Its the first time for me hearing something like this in warframe, thought the community wasnt that toxic. How can someone even be bad at the game when theres no endgame at the moment, i can easily go steel path kuva survival for multiple hours with frames like ash. Should i report him?

1 minute ago, IRyuubiI said:

Should i report him?

This is a tough one....

Unless s/he was harrasing you and swearing Im going to have to say... no... you shouldnt Report him/her.

3 minutes ago, IRyuubiI said:

Its the first time for me hearing something like this in warframe, thought the community wasnt that toxic.

I think the community is awesome.... but yes there are some really bad eggs among us. 

1 minute ago, Aldain said:

I got insulted for having Redirection (they could tell by my shield value not being 300) on Excalibur by somebody who I revived 6 times in 5 defense waves once.

There's no accounting for stupid people.

LoL.... those ones are the most Hilarious.... they are so focuses on calling people bad they cant be bothered to even use Spoiler Mode to avoid getting killed. 

1 minute ago, Lutesque said:

LoL.... those ones are the most Hilarious.... they are so focuses on calling people bad they cant be bothered to even use Spoiler Mode to avoid getting killed. 

Funny useless Aldain history fact, my first thread here was actually me asking why more people didn't bother using survivability mods when they clearly can't survive without them, instead opting for obsessive min-maxing which leaves them on the floor so much that the power they have isn't usable.

Feels weird that I've come full circle with that story/question when I think about it.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Funny useless Aldain history fact, my first thread here was actually me asking why more people didn't bother using survivability mods when they clearly can't survive without them, instead opting for obsessive min-maxing which leaves them on the floor so much that the power they have isn't usable.

Feels weird that I've come full circle with that story/question when I think about it.

My priority in moding allways been survival first damage second.  I can do more damage alive then dead.

2 minutes ago, Emolition said:

My priority in moding allways been survival first damage second.  I can do more damage alive then dead.

My mindset is more that excessive damage is wasted damage, if I only need 100 damage to kill something why would I need a setup that can do 200,000 when a lesser setup that does 10,000 achieves the same result?

Then again I'm not a notorious min-maxer or endurance runner so that is a likely reason why.

IMO, you shouldn't report him. You get people like that all the time but they're definitely not worth a report for a couple of reasons;

1. While they are acting like a twit, they are just sharing their opinion of your playstyle, which isn't a report/ban-worthy thing as its simply just some random persons opinion on gameplay.
  2. It basically lowers the bar for reporting and could take attention away from reports of genuinely toxic people who going around spewing hatred.
  3. It's really not worth the effort to report them, since they're just being salty about the way you choose to play, nothing else.

You play how you want. Just ignore them and move on to the next mission.

The saltiest people are the least capable. I've had quite a few instances in PvP games where players have lost and blamed their team, despite usually bottom-scoring by a wide margin.

It's usually not worth the effort reporting or confronting them. Hell, treat them well, don't give them the satisfaction of dragging you down to their level.

Unfortunately, you're always going to have the occasional idiot making life difficult for others. Awhile back when the Ropoalyst was the active quest, had a dude who started screaming in the voice chat at everyone, when it was clear there were new players who didn't understand the fight mechanics. The boss was still downed, and no one died, so it was extra salty for no reason.

Unless they're egregious, I tend to just ignore and move on.

You think our community is “that toxic” because of some snotty kid? It’s just another internet troll. Nothing more. Put them on ignore and move on. No need to clog up the help desk with some spoiled brat, when other people have real issues to report. 

*insert Kermit the Frog sipping tea*

41 minutes ago, Aldain said:

That’s why I use Umbral mods gives me survival and damage in one mod set

1 minute ago, (XB1)shadowhedgehogk said:

That’s why I use Umbral mods gives me survival and damage in one mod set

I take it 2 steps beyond and actually use Primed Vigor and Redirection on frames with a reasonable base of shielding.

Is it comically sub-par modding? Yes. But hot dog if it hasn't saved my butt more times than I can count.

One can clearly be bad at the game by running inefficient or nonsensical builds. For example, a Slow Nova in a Defense mission is basically nothing more than a troll.

ESO does come down to efficiency, but this guy can just leave. Grinding affinity is quite decent in Steel Path, and it can be done solo.

Yeah. I'd ignore.  The reason for modding specific ways is to encourage play style. I don't always follow cookie cutter builds because some things just work better for me.  It might not be meta but it gets the job done. 

Volt has a lot of build options. In my opinion anyways. 

Archived