Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Imagine calling someone bad in Warframe

IRyuubiI

2 hours ago, IRyuubiI said:

Its the first time for me hearing something like this in warframe, thought the community wasnt that toxic.

No community is perfect: every game has toxic community members. You just had the bad luck of running into one of the more vocal examples, apparently.

2 hours ago, IRyuubiI said:

Should i report him?

Don't be ridiculous; just ignore him and move on. If it bothers you that much you can block him, but his attitude is hardly worthy of a report. He was just trash-talking. Reports should be for active trolling and actual, legitimate harassment. Chat barely gets used as it is because people are afraid the over-zealous bots will ban them for something innocuous: if we start reporting everything that even mildly offends us, there won't be many people playing the game much longer.

2 hours ago, Aldain said:

I got insulted once for having Redirection (they could tell by my shield value not being 300) on Excalibur by somebody who I revived 6 times in 5 defense waves.

There's no accounting for stupid people.

I try and find these people. They fun to mess with. Yet, when ever I switch to public, it’s either dead quite or people having polite random convos. I never get to have any fun 😕

Well, this one time, in Steel path, I had Wukong and the other guy had Inaros, and he kept dying (constantly), and had the gall to call out my bad aiming (for some reason), to which I responded humorously with "said the guy who keeps dying with Inaros xD". His response, if memory serves right, was to continue to belittle me, while I was trying to understand if he was serious or not, which I found out that indeed this was the case.

Such people are just lost causes, as I was about to report him, but decided that nah, not worth it. So i just blocked him.

4 hours ago, IRyuubiI said:

Played eso with Volt. I have enough range and duration on my build but 90 percent strength. Its enough for the first zones. (im only going for the first zones at the moment for mastery). There was another Volt in my Squad who told me then that im bad at the game because im not doing high damage. Told him that i dont need that much but he continues saying "youre bad at the game". Its the first time for me hearing something like this in warframe, thought the community wasnt that toxic. How can someone even be bad at the game when theres no endgame at the moment, i can easily go steel path kuva survival for multiple hours with frames like ash. Should i report him?

O noes! Someone you dont know said you were "bad" at a game??  You must be so sad right now    /carebearstare   🙂

Seriously...why can't people just worry about their own life...djeeezus  😄

4 hours ago, IRyuubiI said:

... Should i report him?

which of the following grounds for action would your report be based on?

48zMHCAJ_o.png

41 minutes ago, (PS4)ErydisTheLucario said:

I'm a petty *@##$, if you're a toxic $&*^ for no reason, I'm gonna report or block you. I don't stand for toxicity in any form personally, I've dealt with it enough in real life, not doing it in warframe. 

you sound frustrated and aggrieved. looks like you want to take it out on someone. the "bad guys" as you see them. that's exactly how people become toxic. 

- - -

also remembering someone's supposed wrongdoing and reporting it hours or days after the fact is not something that will reflect well on anyone's report. more likely it will make you look vindictive and like a potential harasser. reports need to be made immediately. 

Funny thing. I've seen quite a few bad players in this game. I think the funniest moments were while doing the Steel Path with a friend. We were pubbing it and during a couple of missions we had a third or fourth that hadn't a clue. I don't mean the newbie version of not knowing what's going on. These people were one step beyond....

So there are people who are bad at the game. Insulting them is not how you fix the problem however.

11 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

48zMHCAJ_o.png

you sound frustrated and aggrieved. looks like you want to take it out on someone. the "bad guys" as you see them. that's exactly how people become toxic. 

- - -

also remembering someone's supposed wrongdoing and reporting it hours or days after the fact is not something that will reflect well on anyone's report. more likely it will make you look vindictive and like a potential harasser. reports need to be made immediately. 

They're legit blocks or reports tho, you make it sound like its something I always do. Its not if someone is legitimately toxic. I do it immediately, I don't wait hours to report or block, that's stupid.

2 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

yes the last paragraph which i edited in is directed at the op, not you specifically, sorry for the confusion

Either way I don't report or block for no reason, that makes me look even worse. If they're legit toxic for no reason with no prodding from me, then I deal with it accordingly. I hate the unnecessary toxicity, but I'm still reasonable.

16 minutes ago, Traubenzuckr said:

48zMHCAJ_o.png

So, if start saying in squadchat...

LOOK AT THEM!

They come to this place! When they know they are not pure!

Tenno use the keys, but they are mere transparcers, only I, VOR, know the true power of the Void.

I was cut in half, destroyed, but through its jAnus key, the Void called to me. It brought me here. And here I was reborn.

My brothers! Did I not tell you of this day? Did I not prophesied, this moment?

We cannot blame these creat---

*the whole squad left the game*

I'VE STOPPED THEM!

What would it be?

5 hours ago, IRyuubiI said:

Played eso with Volt. I have enough range and duration on my build but 90 percent strength. Its enough for the first zones. (im only going for the first zones at the moment for mastery). There was another Volt in my Squad who told me then that im bad at the game because im not doing high damage. Told him that i dont need that much but he continues saying "youre bad at the game". Its the first time for me hearing something like this in warframe, thought the community wasnt that toxic. How can someone even be bad at the game when theres no endgame at the moment, i can easily go steel path kuva survival for multiple hours with frames like ash. Should i report him?

user just doesn't fully understand how volts powers work is all

Don't report him/her. Stop being such a snowflake and just mute him if your tender ego can't tolerate nonsense gibberish from a nobody that matters nothing in the scheme of things. Otherwise just say, "No, U" and be done with it.

Just now, (PS4)Yggranya said:

Report them. If they get banned, then they obviously deserved it. Why do people say you shouldn't report them? Because people like them are the reason you are here asking this question. Consider reporting them too.

😮 !!!

Ignore him.  Most people in this game don't even talk to each other outside some joke or random comment.  I barely even pay attention to what my team members are doing.  Personally, I think that player needs to "git gud" because if he were able to solo the mission (like a true endgamer), he wouldn't even care what you were doing.  

People this days... A nobody called you bad in a videogame and your first instinct is to call for a public linching in the forums and ask if you should report him. Grow up, kid. Back in the day, you were not a man until a 10 year old claimed you he f***ed your mommy, a russian ear-r*aped your soul and your entire team f-bombed and slurred you for doing some inconsequential sh*t. 

So first of all. If you really took offense to that, go ahead and report him (especially if he was repeating that stuff over and over again). If not - ignore and move on.

More importantly, I see 2 facts here that you should consider: he called you a bad player and you didn't take it well. Why?

Seeing how most people shrug off insults that have no connection to reality (like If I called you a terrible sailor, you probably wouldn't care). My assumption is you either think he's right, or at least you're not sure that he's wrong (again, because otherwise it wouldn't bother you).

My advice: If something bothers you like that, try to stop and think why. Maybe you are a bad player and maybe you aren't. Either way, why would you care about THAT person's opinion enough to feel bad about it? The dude doesn't pay your salary, he's not your family, nor a friend. In short, he's a nobody to you, so why do you care? It's a crappy advice, because it's hard to follow (to most people, anyways), but it sure beats letting him live rent-free in your head.

Oh and a side note. "Toxic community' is a self fulfilling prophecy. If you believe people are toxic you will react much more negatively and add to your perception, while if you believe that you just encountered a rotten apple, in a good community, you will forget about it and move on.

7 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

People this days... A nobody called you bad in a videogame and your first instinct is to call for a public linching in the forums and ask if you should report him. Grow up, kid. Back in the day, you were not a man until a 10 year old claimed you he f***ed your mommy, a russian ear-r*aped your soul and your entire team f-bombed and slurred you for doing some inconsequential sh*t. 

what used to be a 'normal gaming' experience doesnt make like the op's experience less S#&$ty and weird regardless , maybe op over-reacted who knows , but what the other volt said was toxic either way , so .. yea

5 minutes ago, ixidron92 said:

Grow up, kid.

why should he do that though? if corporations and today's politics enable this butthurt behavior, then let it run its course, it's gonna bite them in the a$s later on anyway

they will only learn through experience, you're wasting keystrokes by trying to talk some sense into them

Imagine not knowing how to make a proper nuke Volt build even with a Power Donation slapped on top of it.

These casuls come to this place when they know they aren't pure and as such should git gud or get rekt in my humble opinion.

9 hours ago, Aldain said:

Funny useless Aldain history fact, my first thread here was actually me asking why more people didn't bother using survivability mods when they clearly can't survive without them, instead opting for obsessive min-maxing which leaves them on the floor so much that the power they have isn't usable.

Feels weird that I've come full circle with that story/question when I think about it.

I do this.  I don’t figure it will be an issue till I have to quit a mission.

4 hours ago, Kaotyke said:

So, if start saying in squadchat...

LOOK AT THEM!

They come to this place! When they know they are not pure!

Tenno use the keys, but they are mere transparcers, only I, VOR, know the true power of the Void.

I was cut in half, destroyed, but through its jAnus key, the Void called to me. It brought me here. And here I was reborn.

My brothers! Did I not tell you of this day? Did I not prophesied, this moment?

We cannot blame these creat---

*the whole squad left the game*

I'VE STOPPED THEM!

What would it be?

Spam, easy.

9 hours ago, IRyuubiI said:

He's not wrong per se. I mean, YOU're not going for high levels, but he probably is, and if you're doing less than optimal damage, that lowers HIS chances of going on because of low efficiency at the lower levels.
At 90 PS, that's not a good build, not for ESO, where you want to kill fast, not to stop the enemies away from an objective.

Archived