Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

What is a feature from another game you wish to see in Warframe?

Zahnny

1 minute ago, anarchy753 said:

Augments being treated like runes in Diablo 3. Make all of them toggleable basically. Really wouldn't mind if some completely removed the base function for the ability, like Shock and Fireball in order to swap in their augment instead.

Augments would be fine...if they did not take mod slot in config.

Honestly?

I want the Necromech system to work to a similar degree as Armored Core (maybe not as comically deep, but thoroughly customizable).

I'd also like to see them able to be used in space, a bit more in the flavor of Zone of the Enders (specifically 2).

Without getting into an entire discussion about the pros and cons of it, I would really like an in-game auction house for items instead of relying on outside websites. I think it is time. 

Power Customization, or an expansion to the Augment System; being able to color customize powers individually and then augment them with additional effects like applying a Fire Dot to Excaliburs' Slash Dash or giving Volt the ability to heal Warframes as he zip by them. Things like that. 

1 minute ago, Yakhul said:

Seriously? You guys have your priorities all messed up. The most important thing we need in warframe  is actual toilets. No, not even void magic can explain the lack of proper toilets!

I Poop in the Airlock and let Space deal with it....

9 minutes ago, Yakhul said:

Seriously? You guys have your priorities all messed up. The most important thing we need in warframe  is actual toilets. No, not even void magic can explain the lack of proper toilets!

I think you'd like a certain skyrim follower mod called Inigo.

True customization. Every mod should be decent. Everything should be viable. Other games allow for this. Sure there will always be a meta.  But if youve seen one person build in WF you know that all of the same frames use the same build.  

Actual world changing activities that we participate in wrapped with a good story/lore that make the game feel more alive and continuously changing, like the Division 2 did some time ago, and what Destiny 2 is currently doing.

That's what I thought DE was going for with The New War, but alas what we got was just an event.

It's usually the other way around for me: "I wish this game had this Warframe mechanic..."  The only exception is a game I feel is actually very similar to Warframe in many ways - Shadow Warrior 2.  For the uninitiated, SW2 (to me) is like a marriage of Warframe and Doom 2016/Eternal.  

I wish we had Shadow Warrior 2's weapon upgrade system, where I could permanently improve stats somewhat on weapons with a ton of investment (think focus... for guns and blades.)  Improvements like magazine capacity, reload speed, fire rate, and base damage, and I'm talking max of +10-15% here, maybe 20-30% for fire rate?

Borrowing from Shadow Warrior 2 again, the ability to permanently sacrifice/install a mod into a weapon, maybe even a warframe.  You can't get it back, but you can replace it.  I would limit this to only ONE installed mod at a time.

At the more generic/Doomy end of the spectrum...

We need more and better simple enemies, not better AI.  Like, why are ghouls not a part of the standard Grineer line up?  Such a waste to keep them as an occasional Plains encounter.  Why did the Nox seemingly give up it's charge ability all of a sudden, or do I just not notice it for whatever reason?  Where the butts are Warframe's variant of the cacodemon?  Any of the factions could have a floating toothy gasbag.

I would super appreciate being able to carry more weapons into battle, thus also justifying having a greater variety of enemies, not just simple recolors with a different form of fire-and-forget weaponry.  At least rendering AW weapons more readily available (as opposed to on a timer) would go a long ways to increasing my combat options at any given moment.

And for the record, I'm not concerned with power creep.  We've kind of tossed that out the window with Steel Path, which almost demands it to be a thing.

3 minutes ago, Tiltskillet said:

Romance Options.  Encumbrance.  Rollercoaster tycoon simulator.

The funny thing is, DE will come up with things that are far more off-kilter than any of those.

WELL

Spoiler

He's probably joking...right?

I want a lock button on our gear, like Destiny and Destiny 2 have. So much whining from people about accidental deletion (or use as a crafting item) could be avoided if we could just lock out our gear.

I want a build save system like Guild Wars 1 had. If I liked someone's skill build (analogous to Warframe's mod setup), they could literally just send me the .txt file of their build, I save it in the appropriate directory, and it automatically shows up in a drop down in-game. So much easier than having to screenshot something and then manually rebuild it.

I want an in-game trade board. NOT an Auction house where people can bid or place orders for items. Not for resources either. I just want a board where I can put up prime parts and mods for a fixed price of my choosing, then walk away and still play the game while the items wait to sell. I do not engage in trade because I have to sit in Maroo's relay with my fist in the air instead of actually playing the game. If I were to use Warframe.market, I would still have to stop what I'm doing and meet someone in a dojo to trade. It's annoying and disconnects me from the game: give me a trade board.

I want the ability to convert in-game currency to store currency, as in Guild Wars 2. There it was Gold to Gems, here of course it's credits to plat. And I would be okay if the ratio is huge, on the order of 1 million to 1. If I am willing to grind the index for hours so I can buy a 12-plat set of weapon slots, let me. We're already allowed to grind endless hours for frames instead of being forced to buy them for plat, or grind hours for prime fodder to trade for plat. I understand this is a pipe dream and would never happen, but I would welcome it if it did.

That's just four things off the top of my head.

Gravity in open worlds and certain archwing missions that aren't set in open space, to take benefit of energy fighting techniques like in any air sim or War Thunder and its predecessors.

It would even go well with the ninja theme in Warframe.

An Invoker-like frame with 8 abilities and synergies with these and synergies with the synergies synergising with the synergies between synergies.

An RTS mode, like in Battlestations:Midway, or a Grand Strategy mode, like in the Total War series.

Archived