Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Next gen graphics ?

Some part of me kind of wishes we never got past N64/PS1 graphics.

These days so many people have this insatiable lust for more and more graphics, often at the price of gameplay becoming more and more shallow due to budget allocation.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned...but I honestly don't care about new top-of-the-line nose hair rendering or being able to pick out individual fibers on a shirt in video games.

2 minutes ago, Aldain said:

These days so many people have this insatiable lust for more and more graphics, often at the price of gameplay becoming more and more shallow due to budget allocation.

Maybe I'm just old fashioned...but I honestly don't care about new top-of-the-line nose hair rendering or being able to pick out individual fibers on a shirt in video games.

I mean your kind of right but this is warframe uping the graphics can only be a good thing we already have the game it would just be a new coat of paint is the way I look at it 

4 minutes ago, (XB1)SecretSociety06 said:

uping the graphics can only be a good thing

Not if it comes at the cost of performance, dev time (higher-quality visuals take longer, after all), and those without high-end hardware.

Up the resolution and frame rate, sure, but a "new coat of paint" isn't necessary. Warframe looks fine as-is.

And the above post is exactly what I was talking about.

"This looks like crap now, imagine if it looked like THIS!" is an endless and often pointless attempt at chasing the cutting edge rather than refining what you have and having a strong art style.

Photo-realism always ages, because unlike a refined and strong art style it always winds up outdated.

40 minutes ago, (XB1)SecretSociety06 said:

Do you guys think when warframe comes to next gen consoles we would see it in 4k 60 or is that to much to ask I think if they focused on making warframe look like a next gen game there would be alot of new people interested 

People in general are superficial and with games it is the same. Today's companies that only care about graphics are the ones that have the most expensive games, without spice, without charisma and without depth. I can mention some like Bet ... da, * ctivsi **, Eletron *** Ar * S ..... these companies are the worst in the market because they serve a superficial / disposable / casual audience. What counts for me in a game is its story, good animation, content, gameplay and quality music and sounds. Companies that focus only on graphics have not lost focus on what a game is and encompasses many other variables. I value content, gameplay, sounds and music and history. What has garbage games on steam and other platforms is that for every 100 games there is only 1 good game ....

Warframe is a good game in every way and today I don't know any game that has the qualities of a warframe.

1 minute ago, Luciole77 said:

People in general are superficial and with games it is the same. Today's companies that only care about graphics are the ones that have the most expensive games, without spice, without charisma and without depth. I can mention some like Bet ... da, * ctivsi **, Eletron *** Ar * S ..... these companies are the worst in the market because they serve a superficial / disposable / casual audience. What counts for me in a game is its story, good animation, content, gameplay and quality music and sounds. Companies that focus only on graphics have not lost focus on what a game is and encompasses many other variables. I value content, gameplay, sounds and music and history. What has garbage games on steam and other platforms is that for every 100 games there is only 1 good game ....

Warframe is a good game in every way and today I don't know any game that has the qualities of a warframe.

It could still be warframe and look amazing even if it's in 8k graphics it's still warframe at its core better graphics is never a bad thing

5 minutes ago, Aldain said:

And the above post is exactly what I was talking about.

And this is the ignorance that permeates with the subject. 

Differentiate high end graphics from standard current gen quality graphics. These are two different subjects. 

"This looks like crap now, imagine if it looked like THIS!" is an endless and often pointless attempt at chasing the cutting edge rather than refining what you have and having a strong art style.

This happens when people devote themselves to ignorance.

Horizon Zero launch:

28 February 2017

Photo-realism always ages, because unlike a refined and strong art style it always winds up outdated.

He can't differentiate Unreal engine 5 from Decima Engine. 

You have zero knowledge on this subject. Check. 

2 минуты назад, (XB1)SecretSociety06 сказал:

It could still be warframe and look amazing even if it's in 8k graphics it's still warframe at its core better graphics is never a bad thing

Well for the record they improve graphics from time to time, just chek how game looked back in 2012 and now.
But better graphics is not a one day miracle, it is a long hard work struggling with engine limitations and hardware limitations. 

4 minutes ago, Lord_Dio_Brando said:

Well for the record they improve graphics from time to time, just chek how game looked back in 2012 and now.
But better graphics is not a one day miracle, it is a long hard work struggling with engine limitations and hardware limitations. 

Precisely. 

Decima engine > Evolution engine. 

14 минут назад, Felsagger сказал:

Decima engine > Evolution engine

well it is pretty silly to compare this two like Decima is 2013 year release engine and Evolution is like 2008 or even earlier, and you cannot just say "screw it" and start rebuilding your game on different engine. I mean you can but at this point it is counterproductive.

well it is pretty silly to compare this two like Decima is 2013 year release engine and Evolution is like 2008 or even earlier, and you cannot just say "screw it" and start rebuilding you game on different engine. I mean you can but at this point it is counterproductive,

I know exactly the reaction that I'm getting. And It worked perfectly like the ITER assembly. 

Engines needs updates. Fact. 

Engines needs quality standards that accommodate to the current pipe lining flow. Fact. 

Engines needs to prioritize the balance of graphics and performance without compromising development time. Fact.

Gantt table management on kernel game play versus graphical presentation. Both are important for the game branding and the acquisition of players. DE takes care of the players Iris and the player skill at the same time. Fact. 

Graphics are very important. They are not appearance. Graphics is a subject that focuses on Architecture HARDWARE USE for OPTIMIZATION. Game play and graphics are tied together. 

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

I would rather have them stop wasting a fortune on voice acting in all games. Graphics don't matter to me.

1 hour ago, Aldain said:

My biggest beef is that with improvements to graphics, clarity seems to drop in turn.  Doom 1995 wasn't anything spectacular to look at, but I could make out all the details that were there.

1 hour ago, (XB1)SecretSociety06 said:

Do you guys think when warframe comes to next gen consoles we would see it in 4k 60 or is that to much to ask I think if they focused on making warframe look like a next gen game there would be alot of new people interested 

That's up to the power of the consoles themselves rather than DE. I myself do 4K60 with a 1070 on PC and have been doing so for 2 years now, only dropping to 1080p when using deferred rendering + HDR.

9 минут назад, Felsagger сказал:

Graphics are very important. They are not appearance. Graphics is a subject that focuses on Architecture HARDWARE USE for OPTIMIZATION. Game play and graphics are tied together. 

It is hard to argue with that, but my idea was that people tend to forget that graphic improvements in ongoing online game is hard job.

They feel it is like a snap of a fingers and viola we have better graphics already. 

It is hard to argue with that, but my idea was that people tend to forget that graphic improvements in ongoing online game is hard job.

They feel it is like a snap of a fingers and viola we have better graphics already. 

True. 

I'm not demanding better graphic's DETAILS. I'm demanding better standards. 

Archived