The Lotus Eaters: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Apostasy Prologue was released way too soon.

Rekkou

When Lotus left the tenno in Apostasy prologue, i honestly thought this is just a temporary thing and there will be a quest where she'll return within the next update. 3 Years later and still no sign that Lotus will even return...

Within the game update timeline Lotus was introduced in 2013, Apostasy prologue where Lotus left was released in 2017. Lotus has been with players for 4 years and we're now in 3rd year without Lotus. And this is only true for players who have been playing since 2013-2014, for players who joined after 2015 it means they have spent more time without Lotus than with Lotus. 

Not to mention that Lotus plays important role in events and contents pre-2017 but post-2017 no events or contents include old Lotus anymore, so players who joined after 2017 would have different attachment level to players who joined pre-2017.

If DE are planning to create a future content or quest that rely heavily on player's attachment to Lotus, then i think they are making a big mistake with their planning. 

14 minutes ago, NightmareT12 said:

I remember Steve said a loooooooooooooooooooooong time ago that the New War was about us growing up (as well as family, also for Natah). As in, leaving mom behind and becoming an adult (making our own choices, not relying on a mother figure).

My point is more about "attachment" than whether Lotus return or not. if you want to make a story about a children parting ways with their mother, you have to make sure there are enough bonds to make the separation mean anything.

With current update timeline, the main update for Lotus story line will either be a tearful goodbye/reunion for some people while for other people it'll be just "who is this woman again?"

Just now, Rekkou said:

My point is more about "attachment" than whether Lotus return or not. if you want to make a story about a children parting ways with their mother, you have to make sure there are enough bonds to make the separation mean anything.

With current update timeline, it'll be tearful goodbye for some people while for other people it'll be just "who is this woman again?"

but we have new mother now 

Warframe: Everything We Know About The Heart Of Deimos Update

Spoiler

6e171e1.pngEeXy6nNWsAAVgkD.png

19 minutes ago, Rekkou said:

When Lotus left the tenno in Apostasy prologue, i honestly thought this is just a temporary thing and there will be a quest where she'll return within the next update. 3 Years later and still no sign that Lotus will even return...

Within the game update timeline Lotus was introduced in 2013, Apostasy prologue where Lotus left was released in 2017. Lotus has been with players for 4 years and we're now in 3rd year without Lotus. And this is only true for players who have been playing since 2013-2014, for players who joined after 2015 it means they have spent more time without Lotus than with Lotus. 

Not to mention that Lotus plays important role in events and contents pre-2017 but post-2017 no events or contents include old Lotus anymore, so players who joined after 2017 would have different attachment level to players who joined pre-2017.

If DE are planning to create a future content or quest that rely heavily on player's attachment to Lotus, then i think they are making a big mistake with their planning. 

They commented on this somewhat during the end of the Tennocon 2020 and post interview. Steve remarked that they fell behind and this next series of updates are about catching up. The revised New Player Experience, and Heart of Deimos are the foundation that will allow them to tie everything together for what will happen going forward including concluding the New War story, and flowing into Duviri.

But I must say I find the notion that they are making content specifically using the attachment to the Lotus as just plain bollocks. People become attached to things of their own accord in their own way. No game no matter how good ever has players coming into a community years later which will share the same feelings that the original players had. To expect that is foolishness and to wish it is human. 

As DE now works to remedy their delay in the story we will just have to wait a bit longer the ball is in their court now, and I doubt there is no one who wants to see this chapter completed more than the players than Rebecca Ford.

Cheers Tenno, and do not despair, for this story is just beginning. 

Archived