Jade Shadows: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Ash? Banshee? Why?

MaxHardwood

Off the top of my head those are the first two that come to mind. Why would you use the Ash or Banshee over another frame? I'm talking about technical reasons, not aesthetic. Really the only thing Ash has going for it is shuriken. Banshee doesn't really offer anything better than any of the other frames.

I know this has been brought up before but I think it would be nice if frames offered passive traits. Banshee would get a damage boost with sniper rifles and bows. Ash would get a damage boost with melee weapons. Saryn would be immune to poison. Ember immune to fire. Frost gets a shield boost on ice maps. Things like that.

Really though, I want to know why you like using Ash or Banshee compared to any other frame. Soundquake that much better than Stomp to you? Teleporting to an enemy is better than a wormhole or teleporting anywhere?

Ash with a heavy melee weapon and the right mods can easily wipe a hoard of enemies and high level heavies. (Level 90-100+)

Energy and ammo efficient, and while I don't know how difficult, if difficult at all it is to use a melee playstyle on keyboard and mouse, but on a controller it's relatively easy.

Has high survivability and moves fast enough to weave in and out of hoards of enemies or get there fast enough to wipe them.

Ash is a durable alternative to Loki, which would be appealing to those who didn't enjoy Loki's fragility or lack of offensive abilities while still wanting to have invisibility.

Banshee's powers offer a mix of crowd control, support and significant damage which makes her a sort of Jill of all trades for the average player.

Off the top of my head those are the first two that come to mind. Why would you use the Ash or Banshee over another frame? I'm talking about technical reasons, not aesthetic. Really the only thing Ash has going for it is shuriken. 

Sh... Shu- Shuriken?

You think that's his best ability?

What about smokescreen, lengthy invisibility for extra damage bonuses and near immunity.

All the frames are fine, it just looks like you have no idea how to play them.

Damage attacks fall short endgame over utility.

Why use a frame who can slash around aimlessly, doing next to no damage on high level targets, when you can go invisible and cleave faces off without even being seen?

I love Ash, that blade storm can seriously thin out a huge group of light infested and soften up the larger ones as they approach, which is why I play him in defence, if there is already a Vauban present. 

As for Banshee, I love the damage amplifier that you can get via sonar etc. Plus, it stacks with the rest of the abilities of other amplifier frame abilities.

I like Ash because he's fun. Not because he's overpowered as someone people call the other frames. I play what I find fun; I don't play to get my hands on the most powerful weapons and left click to victory all the time; Variety > Power

Banshee - Sonic Boom for CC, Sonar for 500% damage amplifier (this without mods), Silence is useless and Soun quake for CC and to kill low level mobs. Paired with a high energy pool.

Ash - Shuriken deals damage, Invis is a great melee amplifier, chance to res team mates, a CC if well used, Teleport while useful aint that great, and Blade Storm is a time to relax, deal 2000 armor ignore damage, recover shields until you end.

Ash is my most used frame, people just have to adapt to different play styles.

Sh... Shu- Shuriken?

You think that's his best ability?

What about smokescreen, lengthy invisibility for extra damage bonuses and near immunity.

All the frames are fine, it just looks like you have no idea how to play them.

Damage attacks fall short endgame over utility.

Why use a frame who can slash around aimlessly, doing next to no damage on high level targets, when you can go invisible and cleave faces off without even being seen?

So you'd rather have an Ash on your team for endgame survival after 30 minutes?

Yes I would. As Ash, I still melt faces after 30 minutes of survival. I don't see your issue?

Not an issue. I was seriously inquiring. The way survivals usually end up is a crap load of mobs and Ash doesn't have an AOE. The new long &#! sword probably helps a lot in that though.

Banshee is top tier.

650% Damage buff renders your argument invalid.

The biggest AOE CC in the game then takes your argument and curb stomps it.

And a cheap 1 that can give you a quick break from the action does something unspeakable to your argument in a back alley.

Not an issue. I was seriously inquiring. The way survivals usually end up is a crap load of mobs and Ash doesn't have an AOE. The new long &#! sword probably helps a lot in that though.

Past 30 mins most frames dont kill with powers also, Ash goes invisible, deals tons of damage like that and can open canisters with no pressure at all... I prefer him on a 30 min survival.

Firstly, yeah passive traits would be rather cool.

Now on to Banshee....DON'T DISS BANSHEE :b

I just started using my Banshee last week and immediately fell in love with the frame.  One of the oddities of this game for me is that I am generally a range fighter so I prefer semi autos, burst fire weapons, and sniper rifles.  This game those options are generally sub par and high RoF weapons out perform them.  

Banshee changes all of that, along with the new corrupted mods.  I stack stretch and narrow minded + focus to counter narrow minded and max rank sonar and love it.  SQ and her 1 power are nice for when things get too close but mostly I love popping sonar and popping off heavies/ancients/techs/shield drones while my team is mowing down mooks.  It's something I find to be a lot of fun and really lets the Hind shine as a beast.  

:) 

Banshee is good for Sonar and shoving enemies into pits

Ash is tied with Ember for the worst frame ingame atm, there is literally no reason to use him other than personal preference

Ignore the idiots who say "It's cause you don't know how to use them lolololol" as in most cases they think that player skill can be used as a counter balance to an inherently bad design, you see these types in many genres of videogame and said players rarely know what they are talking about.