Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

RIP Derelict Key

ChaoticEdge

vor 39 Minuten schrieb BrazilianJoe:

I mean, I haven't hear any official confirmation on this.

But since the introduction of relics converted all owned keys into relics, it stands to reason that derelict keys will also be converted. 

That's because relics have the same function void keys had and directly replaced them as a system, not because it somehow inherently makes sense for any and all keys to become random relics. Stop making things up.

Just now, Aldain said:

Think we could get the Mutalist Alad V keys killed too?

I power farmed Mesa Prime solely to avoid farming regular Mesa.

It would be nice, key systems, outside of quests or events, are pretty outdated as a standard mode.  They're purely time gate and resource sinks.

11 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I wouldn't break it out yet but we still have to deal with the dragon keys still.

Personally I find a large difference between carrying a key to unlock an optional door vs having to use a key to even play a mission in the first place.

...Also the keys made matchmaking unavailable so that is another reason to bust out the malt liquor in my eyes.

22 minutes ago, Aldain said:

Personally I find a large difference between carrying a key to unlock an optional door vs having to use a key to even play a mission in the first place.

...Also the keys made matchmaking unavailable so that is another reason to bust out the malt liquor in my eyes.

ok then which one is worst, you ran out dragon key then your ran out of void essences, which making dragon key is almost about the same as making the derelict key door.

Dragon keys are useful in some cases, plus a good way to reduce your stats if that's what's fun to you.

They are an iconic part of the game for masochistic tryhards like me and should never be removed.

Currently my next goal is to build 100 of each even though i will never need that much, ever.

Dragon key is bae.

39 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

ok then which one is worst, you ran out dragon key then your ran out of void essences, which making dragon key is almost about the same as making the derelict key door.

Farming Void Traces means I'm also cracking relics, which also means I am at least getting ducats and maybe plat if I'm lucky.

Also relic cracking is one of the few things that isn't socially dead in Warframe so when I go into an endless one I get to shoot the breeze with random people while getting rewards that let me unlock different rewards on top of that.

Conversely I build a single derelict key, need to find people to get the most out of it via recruit chat (or carry all 4 Dragon Keys myself which is agonizingly dull) and often get little value out of the mod drop at best.

Seems obvious which one is better to me.

52 minutes ago, ChaoticEdge said:

I'm not saying that derelict keys and dragon keys aren't lame... but most of them you can workaround. You craft 2 of the interesting Derelict keys (let's say, Survival!) and always have these on hand. When you want to play Derelict Survival, you just start crafting the 3rd key and launch the mission. When you get back from the mission, you have 2 keys again. And you didn't even have to wait for it.

Now Dragon Keys are a bit more annoying because of their interaction with the Gear Wheel. Never have less than 2 of each at mission start because the Gear Wheel will probably forget you had the Dragon Key equipped (and then you have to add it to the gear again before the mission!)! I usually have 3 of each Dragon Key and after I finish the Vault Run, I craft the deficient Dragon Key and immediately run the next Vault with no interruption. Now why 3? Two consecutive Vault Runs may use the same dragon key... I never want to have 1 of any key at mission start lest the Vault use that key. The Gear Wheel can and does forget when the key is consumed! And that means having to re-add the darn thing to the Gear Wheel!

As for Void Traces... I'm at a point where I'm forcibly upgrading random relics to avoid the Void Traces cap because I keep getting Radiant relics from ESO runs! I personally don't feel the Void Traces pressure... though I'm sure it's very real for other players!

13 hours ago, Aldain said:

Farming Void Traces means I'm also cracking relics, which also means I am at least getting ducats and maybe plat if I'm lucky.

Also relic cracking is one of the few things that isn't socially dead in Warframe so when I go into an endless one I get to shoot the breeze with random people while getting rewards that let me unlock different rewards on top of that.

Conversely I build a single derelict key, need to find people to get the most out of it via recruit chat (or carry all 4 Dragon Keys myself which is agonizingly dull) and often get little value out of the mod drop at best.

Seems obvious which one is better to me.

13 hours ago, nslay said:

I'm not saying that derelict keys and dragon keys aren't lame... but most of them you can workaround. You craft 2 of the interesting Derelict keys (let's say, Survival!) and always have these on hand. When you want to play Derelict Survival, you just start crafting the 3rd key and launch the mission. When you get back from the mission, you have 2 keys again. And you didn't even have to wait for it.

Now Dragon Keys are a bit more annoying because of their interaction with the Gear Wheel. Never have less than 2 of each at mission start because the Gear Wheel will probably forget you had the Dragon Key equipped (and then you have to add it to the gear again before the mission!)! I usually have 3 of each Dragon Key and after I finish the Vault Run, I craft the deficient Dragon Key and immediately run the next Vault with no interruption. Now why 3? Two consecutive Vault Runs may use the same dragon key... I never want to have 1 of any key at mission start lest the Vault use that key. The Gear Wheel can and does forget when the key is consumed! And that means having to re-add the darn thing to the Gear Wheel!

As for Void Traces... I'm at a point where I'm forcibly upgrading random relics to avoid the Void Traces cap because I keep getting Radiant relics from ESO runs! I personally don't feel the Void Traces pressure... though I'm sure it's very real for other players!

keep this in mind both of you, not all is always will be more rewarding, later we never know they will change it again like they always does, if you reflect how did the old key relic we use to have was actually sort of ok but yet somehow broken for it wasn't fine but replacement of relic it did got some what better but still got that RNG that never change.  Yet we still go under going about having to use 4 keys to figure out what door it will be open more likley and going though the thing is pretty much easy cleaning out going though the derelict still.

At least not all the crap is always crap, but I shouldn't remind anyone DE did put a super annoying puzzle room that is going give players a derp moment can't think because this room is too hard like that tower air aerial music organ room which I AM NOT LOOKING FORWARD TO SUCH as again for I hope we aren't climbing up :poop:.  We don't know DE is going be let it be easy sailing without no puzzel or extra work get in or either they are going make players to face extra steps and more steps like they did with Lua, this brings up questioning later on will regret seeing the derelict key is gone and face a hard nutshell puzzel or the nutshell hard puzzel will not be in the next infested planet.

I just have to hope DE will not pull the stunt like this and if they do, I'll be playing another game and wake me up until there is good update or changes in the game.

Archived