Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Did Eidolon hunts change

(PSN)northern_rebal

Question

I've done many hunts, usually using Chroma Prime, and I think I've mostly done my share. I've noticed I've been less effective lately.

My normal play style is to use my operator and amp to take down the shields, and once they are nearly down I switch to the frame and use rubico prime to shoot joints.

Did something change? I can do no damage after taking down the shields until the eidolon glows red, and then I see the damage numbers.  There is a bit of time that nothing I do causes damage.

I was watching some youtube videos to see what the showed (I think I'm doing things right as far as prep goes, good frame, good weapon, good builds, nullifer arcane, upgraded amp), but one video showed the operator shooting the joints. I've  never done that. Should I?  Does it take a different build or different amp?

10 answers to this question

4 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

My normal play style is to use my operator and amp to take down the shields, and once they are nearly down I switch to the frame and use rubico prime to shoot joints.

Why Nearly ?

Why not all the way down ? 😮

Basically,

Step 0 : Preparations, collect lots of Eidolon Lures + 1 Lures that fully charged (3 Vomvalyst Absorbed)

Step 1 use void damage a.k.a Operator Mode to take down Eidolon's Shield
Step 2 : Destroy their Joints a.k.a Eidolon's Synovia
Step 3 : Repeat Step 1 & 2 Until all Synovia destroyed.
Step 4 : Kill the Eidolon, if there;s 2 or 4 fully charged lures it will capture it when its hp reach 0.

1 hour ago, Slayer-. said:

You have always had to shoot the shields off completely

According to Flynn's video, you want to leave some shields to keep a buff.

So the red flash is the point when all the shields are down?

At that point I'm  not breaking the joint with 2 or 3 shots. Would that mean my rubico build is bad, or could it be something else?

4 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

At that point I'm  not breaking the joint with 2 or 3 shots. Would that mean my rubico build is bad, or could it be something else?

It will be the armour iFlynn will be talking about, if you strip that back to far and health bar shows as red then you will lose your damage buff from your radiation weapons.

Chroma from what I've heard also can't self damage anymore, you'd have to rely on the Eidolon to hurt you, for Chroma's buffs.

Me and the mate use to do the hunts using Inaros using Madurai and Varzarin and our rubicos and radiation build.

16 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

Yeah so the reason the Eidolon flashes Red is because that's a visual queue. That tells you, along with the audio queue, that the shields are fully down.

Aiming at or shooting the Eidolon Synovia should be absolutely useless before it flashes Red, as its Shield is still up.

If you're talking about the IFlynn video that i think you are i think you misunderstood it a bit. That video was showing how to use Gunblade Melee Wep with Shattering Impact mod to Weaken its Armour. Thats a bit further advanced than what this question is about.

So yeah, you need to get the Eidolon to flash Red before you try shoot its joints

23 minutes ago, (PS4)northern_rebal said:

Okay, I'm an idiot.  That's exactly what he said, and somewhere between my ears and brain I turned it into shields.

Sorry, but thanks for the advice and corrections

No drama, easy mistake, go forth and topple those giants now. 🙂 

2 hours ago, Slayer-. said:

Chroma from what I've heard also can't self damage anymore, you'd have to rely on the Eidolon to hurt you, for Chroma's buffs.

Actually you can Hurt Yourself With The Hema or The Stug... The obvious issue here is If you use The Hema then you can't use Rubicon Prime...

The Problem with The Stug is it Deals Ass for Damage... You might need a Riven with Toxin Damage on it to maximize how much damage you can do to your self.

Archived