Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Granum Void Lotus Dialog (spoiler)

Spoiler

Was farming Protea earlier and...

Why is the Lotus giving us instructions when we're in the Granum Void?

By this point in the Timeline she's already left. It doesn't make sense.

yes, for Regular missions I know that Ordis is playing us old recordings of the Lotus; because he's too socially inept to guide us himself.

But this is a new mission that came long afterwards; he shouldn't have Lotus Holos to use.

If anything? wouldn't Little Duck make more sense for this mode?

DE, I know voice actors are Expensive and all, but you really should have factored that in when you wrote Reb out of that Role.

Deadlock Protocol only requires Mastery Rank 4 and completion of the Vox Solaris quest (which requires nothing more than seaking to Eudico in Fortuna).  It takes place early in the story.

Apostasy Prologue (which sets up The Sacrifice and has Lotus leaving) requires Chains of Harrow completion which in turn requires Mot node completion and War Within completion which requires Sedna Junction & Second Dream completion and Mastery Rank 5.  That's a fair bit extra you need to do to over Deadlock Protocol's requirements.

26 minutes ago, (PS4)RWalls91 said:

I'm actually surprised the deadlock protocol doesn't come after the sacrifice lore wise, as parvos mentions the impending threat from tau.

Parvos knows a lot more than you think he does, including all the big names with the goings on with Solaris. He's was in a Time prison while he did not age he was also able to watch the goings on outside which he alludes to in the post quest convo. 

He not only is a macguffin, he knows where all the macguffins are and how to use them. 

7 minutes ago, Magus_Tahir said:

Parvos knows a lot more than you think he does, including all the big names with the goings on with Solaris. He's was in a Time prison while he did not age he was also able to watch the goings on outside which he alludes to in the post quest convo. 

He not only is a macguffin, he knows where all the macguffins are and how to use them. 

He was watching me!? That's more stalker like than the stalker 🤣

11 hours ago, Katinka said:

Deadlock Protocol only requires Mastery Rank 4 and completion of the Vox Solaris quest (which requires nothing more than seaking to Eudico in Fortuna).  It takes place early in the story.

Apostasy Prologue (which sets up The Sacrifice and has Lotus leaving) requires Chains of Harrow completion which in turn requires Mot node completion and War Within completion which requires Sedna Junction & Second Dream completion and Mastery Rank 5.  That's a fair bit extra you need to do to over Deadlock Protocol's requirements.

Well ok then

Spoiler

if its Canon that the latest update occurs Before the Lotus leaves

then its still pretty weird that she's a Hologram when I'm in the Garanum Void, wish DE would fix that so her Dialog State is based on the Mission's Timeline, not my own Character's Timeline.

On 2020-08-07 at 2:17 PM, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

for Regular missions I know that Ordis is playing us old recordings of the Lotus

Actually, in Apostasy Prologue, Ordis says:

"Is the Lotus... is she gone? Ordis will attempt to synthesize her mission directives until we can figure out where she is."

Synthesizing mission directives is a different thing to playing back old recordings. I believe the term nowadays is "deepfake".

5 hours ago, OmegaVoid said:

Actually, in Apostasy Prologue, Ordis says:

"Is the Lotus... is she gone? Ordis will attempt to synthesize her mission directives until we can figure out where she is."

Synthesizing mission directives is a different thing to playing back old recordings. I believe the term nowadays is "deepfake".

Yeah....

except they're Literally old recordings. DE took the old audio and applied some sound distortion filters...

in real life we all know its because they didn't want to budget in a different Voice Actor to record all new lines for everything

so they had to contrive a reason to reuse the existing audio "ordis is trying to make us feel better".

It's been so long tho that reasoning isn't holding up for me anymore, I wish they'd move forward with a new character/role to fill in

4 hours ago, (PS4)haphazardlynamed said:

in real life we all know its because they didn't want to budget in a different Voice Actor to record all new lines for everything

They are actually spending on new voice actors, almost all new lines are done be professionals rather than in-house staff and this has been the case for some time.

Ordis has taken over the Jupiter missions and I honestly think he is going to take over as mission handler going forward. Ordis is voiced by one of their weapons designers and for a non-professional I think he does a fantastic job.

Archived