Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Fu-sion. HAAAA

(PSN)UnchainedJagter

I feel like the devs and community need to do is making new frames by fusing together old frames that exist. The story’s always the same ohh this frame already existed was just losted to time which for some makes sense but I feel like Since their is a New War comming the Tenno need to make New frames from basing them off old frames and creating new combinations form the fusion of the two. They did it with xakku it’s a broken frame from multiple others. It’s time for the Tenno to mix warframe a together to make a new one think of the endless combinations. The abilities and looks will seem like the ones based off others since it’s a fusion of them but has it’s own twist that makes it unique super saiyan fusion GIF

14 minutes ago, Savire510 said:

arent we kinda doing something similar with Helminth system?

That’s only one ability I mean everything. I’ve seen and also said something about a lava warframe. A mix between ember and atlas. Helminth I believe just adds one ability with another no look diffrence just adds another ability on top another not a completely new skill

54 minutes ago, (PS4)Eranjager said:

That’s only one ability I mean everything. I’ve seen and also said something about a lava warframe. A mix between ember and atlas. Helminth I believe just adds one ability with another no look diffrence just adds another ability on top another not a completely new skill

power creep.

balancing issues.

So, wait, you want these fusions to have new appearances to them as well as new abilities?

Hmm, we have 43 Warframes currently in the game, and you want each combination of two Warframes to have a different look to them... that's...

~1,806 new skins/helmets that would need to be created. ~1,892 if you include Xaku.

Even if they were only retexture skins of the Warframes, that's an insane amount of work to put into that system, besides the abilities. Honestly, the Chrysalis system is fine enough for it's purpose of allowing us to mix and match our Warframes, even if it's only one ability we get to choose from.

19 minutes ago, Scruffel said:

So, wait, you want these fusions to have new appearances to them as well as new abilities?

Hmm, we have 43 Warframes currently in the game, and you want each combination of two Warframes to have a different look to them... that's...

~1,806 new skins/helmets that would need to be created. ~1,892 if you include Xaku.

Even if they were only retexture skins of the Warframes, that's an insane amount of work to put into that system, besides the abilities. Honestly, the Chrysalis system is fine enough for it's purpose of allowing us to mix and match our Warframes, even if it's only one ability we get to choose from.

I get that it’s a lot but one ability that just adds one extra ability to it that can only be used one a regular warframe can’t be used on a prime makes it seem like if you want a mix gotta ditch the prime and looks. Idk if I can put prime skins on regular warframe. Atlas prime version looks waaaaay better the. Regular atlas 

Nothing currently preventing there from being new Frames that have new themes loosely considered combinations of extant themes e.g. a Magma/Volcano Frame when Atlas and Ember currently exist. No reason to introduce any sort of "fusion" mechanic and the exponential increase in new Frames that would cause.

Part of me wonders whether Xaku was created to punish or disrespect the three component Warframes or if like Loid made it wholesale as an incentive for our cooperation out of bits and pieces of Warframe scattered throughout Deimos either due to insufficient parts to build a single complete Frame or failure to understand how to properly (re)construct a Warframe.

I feel like this is one of those concepts, the ones that are made because one game/show does a cool thing and therefore it should be added to something else I like. This concept introduces huge lore problems and a huge workload for DE, thats not even including the intense powercreep it would introduce since we could get Inaros Nidus combinations with enough health that it could probably have survived a nuclear bomb being dropped on its head, or Inaros Wisp combinations to allow for infinite health.
there are just too many problems in this idea and it seems like its only here because x franchise did fusion characters and you liked that.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Eranjager said:

I get that it’s a lot but one ability that just adds one extra ability to it that can only be used one a regular warframe can’t be used on a prime makes it seem like if you want a mix gotta ditch the prime and looks. Idk if I can put prime skins on regular warframe. Atlas prime version looks waaaaay better the. Regular atlas 

Primes can be infused, pretty sure.

12 hours ago, (PS4)Eranjager said:

as far as I know, primes can be given abilities but not fed to the wall for their abilities, you just misheard DE on the stream.

Yea my friends said you can put abilities in primes but still is just one. And the lord I don’t think it would cause that much trouble devs just need to finish up story or at least simply do like a recap in game.  And for power creeps one I mean like warframe a that actually make sense to fuse that could make a new element or concept nidus plus inaros what would that make he is mutation and inaros is sand like what frame could be a fusion of those too cause I can’t think of one. And no franchise I played did fusion like I’m thinking of this game has a lot of frames and their could be more im not asking for like 1000 more just ones that could be made that make sense 

16 minutes ago, (PS4)Eranjager said:

Yea my friends said you can put abilities in primes but still is just one. And the lord I don’t think it would cause that much trouble devs just need to finish up story or at least simply do like a recap in game.  And for power creeps one I mean like warframe a that actually make sense to fuse that could make a new element or concept nidus plus inaros what would that make he is mutation and inaros is sand like what frame could be a fusion of those too cause I can’t think of one. And no franchise I played did fusion like I’m thinking of this game has a lot of frames and their could be more im not asking for like 1000 more just ones that could be made that make sense 

for the power creeping... If you are fusing frames then I'd also assume it'd also fuse their stats, and if you fused Inaros and Nidus who have some of the highest base health in the game, then you'd make something awful... or even fusing Inaros and Hildryn to create some unkillable demon that has stupidly high health and shields... there are too many problems and it'd create a really bad meta game and other problems too

11 minutes ago, (XB1)KawaiiAsa said:

for the power creeping... If you are fusing frames then I'd also assume it'd also fuse their stats, and if you fused Inaros and Nidus who have some of the highest base health in the game, then you'd make something awful... or even fusing Inaros and Hildryn to create some unkillable demon that has stupidly high health and shields... there are too many problems and it'd create a really bad meta game and other problems too

Meant just like elements. I should have been specific. No stats. 

Just now, (PS4)Eranjager said:

Meant just like elements. I should have been specific. No stats. 

even then it still sounds rather useless since there's practically a frame for every element in the game or you can just build weapons for elements, plus it'll have huge lore problems and well... nearly 2000 new unique designs (thats not even considering if you can fuse primes).
The Helminth System is the closest we'll probably ever get to fusing frames in the game...

4 hours ago, (XB1)KawaiiAsa said:

even then it still sounds rather useless since there's practically a frame for every element in the game or you can just build weapons for elements, plus it'll have huge lore problems and well... nearly 2000 new unique designs (thats not even considering if you can fuse primes).
The Helminth System is the closest we'll probably ever get to fusing frames in the game...

The heleninth allows one ability change that’s it. And I don’t think it’ll cause lore problems since they haven’t finished story of anything. This makes sense in lore. New war. New frames. Can’t fight and old foe that has fought the frames used previously they would know how to counter it 

The implementation of it as a "freeform" setup would be most likely done as an advancement of the Helminth Chrysalis system, where you can literally bolt two 'Frames together. The associated graphical work would be factoring out the assets of the existing Warframes to procedurally merge their appearance, rather than from-scratch design, as you're literally stapling them together like Xaku was. Benefit-wise, it'd be allowing for taking an ability more permanently without occupying the Helminth slot, including 4s, alongside averaging stats, but the more intense the merger, the larger the compromise you must make, and the more visual elements of the "donor" are taken on.

I can also see it as a path of development, where the playerbase gets to "vote with their feet" as to the next in-universe R&D project, with the results being obviously lesser than the Orokin-made designs in quality of life matters, such as being highly specialized to a given mission type, being extremely complicated to play, or desperately needing very good mods to work properly. Could be DE handing down the 'Frames to study, but the playerbase going through and selecting what direction to take with it, essentially choosing between reworks, new 'Frames based on the overlaps or interactions, or new frames deriving from one by using the other as precedent, like choosing to rework Chroma and Xaku around ability cycling of some kind, a new hyper-customizable 'Frame able to mis-equip items, or parting Chroma out and recreating Xaku's "doners".

22 hours ago, (PS4)Eranjager said:

Correction, you cannot *subsume* a Prime Warframe, but you can still *infuse* an ability taken from a non-Prime into a Prime; apparently since some abilities will be tweaked/buffed from the Frames they are taken from this could allow for such situations as subsuming Zephyr, getting her new version of Airburst that sucks enemies in instead of blowing them away, and then infusing it into Zephyr Prime to replace her old Airburst.

Archived