Dante Unbound: Share Bug Reports and Feedback Here! ×

Anyone else wish that Kuva Liches had a faction or "tribe" as Shadow of War called them?

Zahnny

This is just a personal pet peeve but it's always bothered me that you see a Lich take over a system, Corpus, Infested, etc. It's now fully garrisoned by Grineer but the Grineer chosen are somewhat random. I'm not sure how this is dictated, but think Drekar Units on Eris Infested or some other odd combination. The only units that are visually different are the Thralls who also end up losing the Lich's color scheme after you kill them.

In Shadow of War, each Captain was part of a Tribe, this dictated things like how the area looked and what the Orcs in that Captains area looked like. I don't think DE can make a unique variant for each Kuva Lich, or edit the area so instead I propose something that feels more consistant for each individual Lich which potentially giving a fresh although temporary change of pace for different Tilesets.

I'm not sure what the exact name should be, but say you get a Lich and all of the Grineer on those Kuva Lich missions are Drekar Units no matter what planet or tileset because that's what the Kuva Lich is, you could then do the same but with Arid, Nightwatch, Kuva, Tusker and Frontier. Apologies if I'm missing any more.

This would even work well for the Corpus since they are becoming more diversified. If they got their own lich system (very likely seperate from Kuva completely) the same could then be done.

P.S. In Shadow of War there is a Marauder Tribe who clad themselves in gold, regalia and were obsessed with riches. Just a hint but maybe this could be an excuse for those more "prime" looking Grineer from the CGI trailer.

Edit: Forgot to mention, this was also an important part of their personalities in SoW.

You have to be careful about using some variations of enemies because unlike shadow of war different subsets of enemies can have different stats, they aren't just reskins. Plains and vallis units are the easiest example they end up substantially stronger than others. 

Just now, Drasiel said:

You have to be careful about using some variations of enemies because unlike shadow of war different subsets of enemies can have different stats, they aren't just reskins. Plains and vallis units are the easiest example they end up substantially stronger than others. 

Ah, fair enough. Yeah I can imagine those mortor bombards would struggle a bit unless DE can exclude them from the spawn lists.

I just wish they had more than ONE personality type per gender.  One thing that really seemed to give Shadow of Mordor / Shadow of War more variety is that there were several personality types, and each of the voice actors recorded lines for most of them.  So even if you got "Crazy Orc who only laughs maniacally," there were different sets of voices for it.  So you could have three or four slightly different versions.  We only get TWO personalities.  Cold and Calculating Female, and Affably Evil Male.

10 hours ago, EmberStar said:

I just wish they had more than ONE personality type per gender.  One thing that really seemed to give Shadow of Mordor / Shadow of War more variety is that there were several personality types, and each of the voice actors recorded lines for most of them.  So even if you got "Crazy Orc who only laughs maniacally," there were different sets of voices for it.  So you could have three or four slightly different versions.  We only get TWO personalities.  Cold and Calculating Female, and Affably Evil Male.

The Obsessed was the most entertaining for me.

Archived