Jump to content
  • 0

Is limbo get secret rework or something?


Go to solution Solved by Traumtulpe,

Question

 

I try to unveil riven ( Complete a defense mission with level 30 or higher enemies without the defense objective taking any damage.) 

i pick limbo, I go to hydron and akkad, Press 2 and 4 in defense objective but the riven always fail. Idk what wrong, The enemy is not moving, I dont get damage, But then i notice the defense still get damage from bullet outside the bubble. I try multiple time and build. But the result is still the same. 

is limbo got change or something? 

is it because they said they will tweak limbo abilities to work with the next update? Or is it just bugs? 

sori if my english is not good. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

19 answers to this question

Recommended Posts

  • 0
  • Solution
1 hour ago, superiouz said:

Or is it just bugs?

Apparently the defense target at Hydron is bugged. The Grineer were indeed able to shoot it from outside the Cataclysm (they are not supposed to). Grenades didn't deal any damage though. I suspect this may be caused by it's mobile position.

I tried Stephano for comparison, the defense target took no damage whatsoever (as expected).

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

There's a delay when casting his 4 and when the bubble shows up, so it might be because of that. Or it also could be a bug, so I'd try again and see what happens. Also it could be the bubbles range isn't big enough to cover the objective. I suggest giving it a bit of range, or trying a sortie defense mission. The objective is a moving character so you can use banish on him, and basically remove the need for using your 4.

Edited by Captain_Rocket505
Added stuff
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, yazaab said:

I've seen that happen as well but this was over a year ago.

I thought it was because that the cataclysm does deal it's own damage and that might affect the objective accidentally

i try akkad, the second i kill runner, its explode then the riven fail.

1 minute ago, Captain_Rocket505 said:

There's a delay when casting his 4 and when the bubble shows up, so it might be because of that. Or it also could be a bug, so I'd try again and see what happens. 

i know there is a delay, the problem is i notice the defense got damage after i sure i put 2 and 4.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
3 minutes ago, Rawbeard said:

how big is your cataclysm? if enemies attack it from outside, it will obviously take damage

oh. that new for me, bc before i always use limbo and dont failed or take damage.

before i use 49 range.

now i use multiple range, 100, 49, 189,

i also use cataclysmic continuum

all fail

yes enemy attack from outside the bubble. inside bubble they all not moving.

thank for answer. so basically i was wrong understanding the limbo abilities.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Cataclysm is not always reliable to get a defense objective completely undamaged in a mission, theres always gaps in his abilities where enemies can attack.

If you still cant unveil the riven, i suggest going to an infested defense and using banshee's 4th ability with her augment, enemies won't even come close to the defense room.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
6 minutes ago, Daank09 said:

Cataclysm is not always reliable to get a defense objective completely undamaged in a mission, theres always gaps in his abilities where enemies can attack.

If you still cant unveil the riven, i suggest going to an infested defense and using banshee's 4th ability with her augment, enemies won't even come close to the defense room.

yes i know there is gap delay. its not because of that.

because i notice , after i succesfuly put 2 and 4

the shield ( defense objective ) still get damage from outside. even after 10-20 second later.

its still get damage. not just 1-2 sec.

 

i dont get damage tho, only defense objective.

 

the riven now is unveild

i use vauban and his augment.

thankyou for the tips and the answers

Edited by superiouz
some detail
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

the objective is outside of his bubble even if you put on the top of it so bullets etc might still dmg it from outside. doing infested mission would be better for this rivenchallange

  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, Hypnos said:

the objective is outside of his bubble even if you put on the top of it so bullets etc might still dmg it from outside. doing infested mission would be better for this rivenchallange

alright. so the problem is me.

thankyou for anwers.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

I had the same thing happen to me multiple times...

Jump into defender... cast Cataclysm and before Any Enemy gets close the Riven Challenge fails instantly...

Either it's a Bug or a Nerf...

Just like the bug that allows the Challenge to succeed if you join a defender that's already in Progress... Even if it does take damage...

Either way my Solution was to use Umbral Frost on Akkad.... Place Bubble... Place Spectre... Spam 4 .... Spam all Sources of Energy... Grofit 😎

Can't wait for the next Limbo Nerf.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

Apparently the defense target at Hydron is bugged. The Grineer were indeed able to shoot it from outside the Cataclysm (they are not supposed to). Grenades didn't deal any damage though. I suspect this may be caused by it's mobile position.

I tried Stephano for comparison, the defense target took no damage whatsoever (as expected).

so..... it is should not take damage from outside the bubble or its should ? just like mr. Rawbeard.

and mr. Hypnos said ?

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
2 minutes ago, superiouz said:

it is should not take damage from outside the bubble or its should

It should not. Defense targets are supposed to (and are, usually) transferable into the rift by Cataclysm. There are exceptions however, for example the Coil Drive from Fortuna bounties.

You also cannot (for some reason) interact with mobile defense targets inside a Cataclysm (activate them). They are however considered inside the rift.

The whole thing could use some cleaning up and streamlining, I suppose.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
1 minute ago, Traumtulpe said:

It should not. Defense targets are supposed to (and are, usually) transferable into the rift by Cataclysm. There are exceptions however, for example the Coil Drive from Fortuna bounties.

You also cannot (for some reason) interact with mobile defense targets inside a Cataclysm (activate them). They are however considered inside the rift.

The whole thing could use some cleaning up and streamlining, I suppose.

thankyou for clearing me up.

Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0

Did the same Riven (Solo without objective taking any damage). Damage on the Objectives Shield let me fail.
Do in with Limbo, in the Moment i recast 4, it takes damage on the Shield.
Have do it 3 time, then i pay attention and see it takes a small amount dmg on the Shield only..
Long durration, 4, then 2, kill every Enemy before 4 (or 2) ends and i made it.

Edited by (PS4)eXe-mplar
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • 0
4 hours ago, (PS4)eXe-mplar said:

Did the same Riven (Solo without objective taking any damage). Damage on the Objectives Shield let me fail.
Do in with Limbo, in the Moment i recast 4, it takes damage on the Shield.
Have do it 3 time, then i pay attention and see it takes a small amount dmg on the Shield only..
Long durration, 4, then 2, kill every Enemy before 4 (or 2) ends and i made it.

One thing you can do is Cast Rift Surge on any enemies in the Rift just before your Stasis Ends.... And then Turn Off Cataclysm before Stasis Runs out.

Doing this Will Cause Rift Surge to go off.... All the affected enemies will get Knockdown as soon as the Stasis Duration runs out.... From there you can reactivate Stasis and Cataclysm again with out any of the affected enemies getting a chance to Attack.... 

Then Rinse and Repeat....

Of course it's harder than it sounds because if you're doing defender then when where Cataclysm Collapses Rift Surge won't get to all the enemies and that leaves the Defense Target Vulnerable. 

But in every other Situation it's Fantastic.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
×
×
  • Create New...